Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - Oct 1st 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Fhinn View Post
    I had 2questions on steam -

2) have you made contigency plans for a sudden upturn in players if the steam roll-out is particularly sucessful?
    will we hear 'the servers cannae take it cap'n!!'
    Considering what the population used to be like and what it's like now, I seriously, seriously doubt that player numbers will ever again be an issue effecting server performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Harios View Post
    Steamlaunch with NPE, rebalance and engine would result in many more players, Im sure. But my guess is that the balance/NPE/engine got delayed so much that the steam plan kept running and the rest fell behind. Would just be stupid to launch the game without the updates.
    ^^ this

It's truly a waste of time trying to attract new players before the new engine and new player experience have been released. It might even have the opposite effect.

Steam has 50m users. Right now (today: 10/3/2012 1700 local est time) it has

Concurrent Steam Users: 4,197,893.

Any F2P game featured on its front page can expect much server pain for as long as it remains on the front page. My guess is 30k to 50k players having a look...and 1/10 of those will hang around if AO goes live on Steam Before the NPE. The rest will go, "My eyes, my eyes!" and log off.

In the words of Mike to the great Heisenberg, no more half measures Walter. When then engine is running to potential. Then release it on steam. Doing it now is like hitting your nitrous in the pit stop. People accept beta engines I know, I play diablo 3, that game had record sales with huge pieces of content missing. Also I read the forums all the time, every little kid you see always references the graphics. If you don't have a choice about delaying steam. I would put all kinds of signs every where that the game is being upgraded. Post all kinds of videos on it. I would make it the most important piece of information. Let the mechanics of t current ao speak for itself
    ♚ Hail To The King Baby. ♚

Quote Originally Posted by Vurtuoso View Post
    People accept beta engines I know, I play diablo 3, that game had record sales with huge pieces of content missing.
    The record sales comes from quality of D2 not from quality of D3. Everyone of my friends bought it because of D2 and none will buy D3 expanstion or D4.
    Dragocz RK1

Remember to update the www.anarchyonline.com front page with these monthly updates. (and other updates ofcourse)

An outdated frontpage is a big turn off for people searching for a new mmorpg to play

Guero
    The Roots - RK1

Exclamation Side Change;; Use Once!

Side change item should be as it is now, but with only 1 usage per character. I do not want mongrel spies with our Clan brothers. Though it costs a lot to change sides, it still should be usable only once.

edit: Actually, preferably, it would not exist at all. But the new updates and changes are good - apart from Side Change!
    Anarchy Online's A Prophet Without Honor:
    http://www.anarchy-online.com/anarch...out_honour.pdf

You're the man, Ilaliya. I do like how you seem to bring order to the chaos of communication.
    A producer, along with the game director, is certainly the position AO has been sorely missing ever since.

Keep up the good work!
    ಠ_ಠ

Ok - What have you done to my poor advy - The update says that the advy's xp gain buff was brought in line with the crats, but when u look at KOTE's it dose not say anything about the XP gain anymore. I use that a lot while helping people do inf mish's !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Datch View Post
    Ok - What have you done to my poor advy - The update says that the advy's xp gain buff was brought in line with the crats, but when u look at KOTE's it dose not say anything about the XP gain anymore. I use that a lot while helping people do inf mish's !!!!!!!
    The +XP portion of KotE has been moved off onto another nano for Adventurers. Can't remember which off-hand however, think it might have been one of the Scheol Reward nanos.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Dimenian View Post
    The confirmation of AO on steam is the best news I've read regarding AO's future in several years. This will bring in many new players, and with them new revenue. Some of them will become regulars - AO appeals to a certain kind of person in a way that no other game does. The spirit of the game is unique.
    Agreed. I'm hopeful this will bring in more new blood.

As for the spirit of the game, there I will definitely disagree. The AO teams over the last few years have done their damndest to remove that exact spirit I think that you're referring to.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Dimenian View Post
    The confirmation of AO on steam is the best news I've read regarding AO's future in several years. This will bring in many new players, and with them new revenue. Some of them will become regulars - AO appeals to a certain kind of person in a way that no other game does. The spirit of the game is unique.

Server full of atroxes ain't unique tho.
    Last edited by fakiiri; Oct 4th, 2012 at 16:27:03.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by fakiiri View Post
    Server full of atroxes ain't unique tho.
    Looking at the numbers, so far we're not seeing this happen. While it's a popular choice for players who change breeds, there are more popular choices.
    Last edited by Ilaliya; Oct 4th, 2012 at 18:18:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    Looking at the numbers, so far we're not seeing this happen. While it's a popular choice for players who change breeds, there more popular choices.
    Opisexual of course, because they're the awesomest!

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    Looking at the numbers, so far we're not seeing this happen. While it's a popular choice for players who change breeds, there more popular choices.
    Ilaliya please check your PM Inbox regarding the Mail bot project, we really need an answer, it's been over a week since we contacted you. Thanks.

PS: This has nothing to do with the Patch.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

There are certain professions for wich the atrox breed brings a huge benefit but not one second did I believe everyone was gonna go atrox....
    I know of at least 5 people who changed from atrox to something else
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

{Venachar: Please do not 'fix' dev posts in srs threads. Misinformation is bad, m'kay}

fixed that for you, including the missed word and/or spelling error.
    Last edited by Venachar; Oct 4th, 2012 at 23:15:42.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I think you're wrong. I think AO is the most balanced MOBA out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Malraux View Post
    There are certain professions for wich the atrox breed brings a huge benefit but not one second did I believe everyone was gonna go atrox....
    I know of at least 5 people who changed from atrox to something else
    let me guess 5 trox soldiers went soli?

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    How long until the full suit of Stormtrooper Armor is complete?
    One of our artists (MstrBstrd) is going in a different direction.

I like the depth to the armor. Hate the helmet though. It looks oversized especially in the new engine photo.

Armor looks nice, helmet looks bobble-head-ish!

Can't wait for more though. Do keep us updated, keeps people interested 8)
    Last edited by Herkulease; Oct 4th, 2012 at 20:18:53.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast