Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - Oct 1st 2012

dont worry. none of that will happen as the engine won't actually ever come out :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    *snip*
    You obviously forgot

Option 9: New client releases and works without errors from the get go. FC is praised for the awesomeness that is AO now and the flood gates of new users is opened. The surge of this flood causes a rift in time and space and the virtual reality of AO merges with our real world, transforming Earth into Rubi-Ka.

*grins and starts to polish her armors and weaponry*
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Quote Originally Posted by Misat0 View Post
    You obviously forgot

Option 9: New client releases and works without errors from the get go. FC is praised for the awesomeness that is AO now and the flood gates of new users is opened. The surge of this flood causes a rift in time and space and the virtual reality of AO merges with our real world, transforming Earth into Rubi-Ka.

*grins and starts to polish her armors and weaponry*
    spoiler: misato dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    spoiler: misato dies.
    ...and no Reclaim in the new engine
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it'll be fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine. what could possibly go wrong!
    Stop trying to jinx things, over there.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Hmm lets speculate how wrong it could go:

Option 1: You load AO with the new client and all your toons get reset to level 1.

Option 2: All your credits get removed. FC secret method of fixing the economy comes to light.

Option 3: You can no longer PVP because the new client does not report gas levels as lower than 75% anywhere.

Option 4: You find out the new client is actually TSW and all your toons are converted and there is no way back to AO.

Option 5: Same as Option 4 but it is AoC vice TSW.

Option 6: New client turns out to be a text based version of AO in which uber leet speak is the only recognized vocab. I know we already have this it is called the forums.
    Actually all this is wrong, new or old client will both relay on the same database, this is where
    your level is stored your stats your item IDs and area mob data. None of this data are stored in your client. But what can go wrong is memory addressing / pointer.

in TSW i get into a quest a funcom points reward.

give a few rewards with points in AO quests and the creating of new toons makes it easier for
    a active longtime player.

the spending in € for 24000 points ~ the same like a lifetime acc of TSW, but it get a little covered from earned points in playing and quest work into AO.

question: can i combine my TSW acc with my AO acc to use the earned/buyed Funcom points ?

cheers
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Quote Originally Posted by Brampfine View Post
    question: can i combine my TSW acc with my AO acc to use the earned/buyed Funcom points ?
    Yes
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

Option 6: New client turns out to be a text based version of AO in which uber leet speak is the only recognized vocab.
    I thought about making this once
    Screwed over for the last time.

Go find a new game to play, this one no longer deserves respect.

I have only one thing to say about the Ilaliya wall of texts: DAT ATTRACTORS!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Speaking of that quote makes me think gamers > readers. You can read 5 books a day maybe 5 lives vs a fps in which life is crunched down into the few most life changing moments in ones life. The choices made are by far ones deemed by fate, time and space, chaos theory, time of day, weather, IQ, APM, blood pressure, visual acuity, problem solving,logistics,muscle memory, pattern recognition, color distinction, will power, resolve, preparation , coordination, patience, algebraic depth analysis, chronological inclination, leading the target, FOV analysis regarding artillery sloping.

Every moment you live as if it were your last.
    ♚ Hail To The King Baby. ♚

Quote Originally Posted by Vurtuoso View Post
    Speaking of that quote makes me think gamers > readers.
    At what, shooting imaginary aliens?
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    At what, shooting imaginary aliens?
    Read the whole post.

Speaking of that quote makes me think gamers > readers. You can read 5 books a day maybe 5 lives vs a fps in which life is crunched down into the few most life changing moments in ones life. The choices made are by far ones deemed by fate, time and space, chaos theory, time of day, weather, IQ, APM, blood pressure, visual acuity, problem solving,logistics,muscle memory, pattern recognition, color distinction, will power, resolve, preparation , coordination, patience, algebraic depth analysis, chronological inclination, leading the target, FOV analysis regarding artillery sloping.

But you're the one behind the screen, so all those emotions and reactions are your life, not another.

Now back on topic
    Guardian Venachar
    Public Forums Moderator - Deputy Team Lead | Professionals Liaison
    Forums Team | Community Relations Department | Advisors of Rubi-Ka

I'm right on topic,

carry on as you were.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

I don't understand. But, I'm trying to.

The only time I can think of something this complex is when you've had just enough drinks to be a smooth talker, somehow managed to convince a girl to come back to your place, realized on the way that you were losing your buzz, getting back to your flat more sober than drunk, realizing that there's an expectation she wants to bone, realizing that shes not attractive as you thought, you thinking about something completely unrelated to what you should be thinking about when you're leading her up the stairs, walking in the door wondering what the hell you are doing with this girl and you can't even remember her name or what it was that you thought was attractive about her in the first place, all of a sudden realizing that your buddies think you are on point but you're failing miserably and then just when you think you might be able to manage closing the deal, you get a whiff of cigarette induced bad breath, and catch sight of some browning on her teeth, and you realise you'll never close with this girl and somehow now you've got to get her out of your house without taking your clothes off. Sort of like a car crash in slow motion.

Is that what you're talking about? Because for me, all those things seem to be like pseudo calculations and the brain working at like triple overclocked speed, and the only time that really happens in real life is when your brain is trying to deal with a situation that mere minutes before you'd never have thought about it, but because you're sobering the gravity of the situation is flooding your senses and you HAVE to deal with it.

?

Quote Originally Posted by Venachar View Post
    But you're the one behind the screen, so all those emotions and reactions are your life, not another.

Now back on topic
    The point of the excercise is immersion into another world. As you die in the virtual world you will always change perspectives, resurrected, recreated, or duplicated, you will never experience that same moment in time ever again. Versus a book where all the perspective is from the voyuer point of view locked into a rollercoasterof leveraged intensity built around a predetermined narrative in which one can be suprised, but know like the uncanny valley, the design is built like a a maze in a newspaper. Beginning, middle, and end. Gamers know, getting dropped in the middle of a warzone, the reality is you end up being hit and killed by a bomber in a strafing run, and less likely to be the hero in the books in which you save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I don't understand. But, I'm trying to.

The only time I can think of something this complex is when you've had just enough drinks to be a smooth talker, somehow managed to convince a girl to come back to your place, realized on the way that you were losing your buzz, getting back to your flat more sober than drunk, realizing that there's an expectation she wants to bone, realizing that shes not attractive as you thought, you thinking about something completely unrelated to what you should be thinking about when you're leading her up the stairs, walking in the door wondering what the hell you are doing with this girl and you can't even remember her name or what it was that you thought was attractive about her in the first place, all of a sudden realizing that your buddies think you are on point but you're failing miserably and then just when you think you might be able to manage closing the deal, you get a whiff of cigarette induced bad breath, and catch sight of some browning on her teeth, and you realise you'll never closed with this girl and somehow now you've got to get her out of your house without taking your clothes off. Sort of like a car crash in slow motion.

Is that what you're talking about? Because for me, all those things seem to be like pseudo calculations and the brain working at like triple overclocked speed, and the only time that really happens in real life is when your brain is trying to deal with a situation that mere minutes before you'd never have thought about it, but because you're sobering the gravity of the situation is flooding your senses and you HAVE to deal with it.

?

That was a course discription. But yes, that even far more advanced then gaming and reading a book. The element of mortality, and the choices therein for any sentient person. Being good at the game of reality can earn you the potential allegiance of an entire planet.

Enough stalling. Bring on UPH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Serchin View Post
    Enough stalling. Bring on UPH!!!

The new uph is a square and guph is a circle with 50,000 more polygons each! New loot is invisible t-shirts and a wiremesh pair of fingerless gloves.

I kid I kid. Looking forward to new phats.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast