Thread: Monthly (ahem) Development Update - April 30th, 2013

re: mac implementation on Steam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post
    no.
    opportunity missed.
    ======================

blix01/spookiepants/stiffwood

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    1: Yes the vendors will be removed from newland in 18.7 and yes most of the phasefront items will be added to the Itemshop before that time.
    4: No, but we are going to add a showroom for itemshop items in the new ICC HQ in 18.7. You will be able to see the phasefront vehicles there.
    Please don't remove the Phasefront installation in Newland. This adds atmosphere to the AO universe, that there are other massive corporations like Omni-Tek, in this case, a niche corporation that doesn't conflict with the interests of any of the warring factions on RK. It just sells vehicles, many in questionable condition, to anyone on RK with the finances to purchase one. They are sort of like the other corporations on RK that act as arms dealers profiting off the RK conflict, but with vehicles.

As an atmospheric sidenote, I think it's both funny and telling of their corporate agenda that they do not repaint some of the vehicles.

I can understand the reasoning of moving their corporate offices to the new ICC HQ. There is a far greater chance that RK denizens will see the vehicles and consider purchasing one. It probably took them some time to get permission to move there as well. I'm not against having a Phasefront store at ICC HQ. It fits wonderfully in with the peripheral lore...

On second thought, nevermind. This is a wonderful move, and it adds a bit to the story progression of RK. I'm very excited to see this new showroom. I hope it is boldly in the open like it was in Newland.
    We'll find our souls inside the blaze.
    As the sky turns into rain...
    Love will dissolve all the pain.

is there going to be any special offers / discounts for the birthday in june?

Quote Originally Posted by spookiepants View Post
    re: mac implementation on Steam.
    Works perfectly fine under Wine.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

when it was first posted im not sure on the location of the post about the phase points it was said that they will be removed and we will get a set % of points but when you got more then 1 acc like many of us that are still in AO are we going to get the % total of what we have all added together or will it be % of avg on that acc combined to give us points to use in items shop.

this is not what i have exactly but a ruff total of points i got per toon per acc ingame,

master acc froob
    - toon 1 has 750 FCp's
    - toon 2 has 1200 unspent FCp's
    - toon 3 has 150 FCp's
    - toon 4 has 1200 unspent FCp's
    - toon 5 has 1200 unspent FCp's

sub acc 1 paid
    - toon 1 has 90 FCp's
    - toon 2 has 0 FCp's
    - toon 3 has 0 FCp's
    - toon 5 has 1200 unspent FCp's
    - toon 6 has 250 unspent FCp's
    - toon 7 has 0 FCp's
    - toon 8 has 1200 unspent FCp's
    - toon 9 has 1200 unspent FCp's (inactive)

sub acc 2 froob
    - toon 1 has 0 FCp's

sub acc 3 paid
    - toon 1 has 1200 unspent FCp's
    - toon 3 has 1200 unspent FCp's

sub acc 4 froob

sub acc 5 froob

if i get all them estimated points i'll have a lot to spend on items i realy dont have any intreste in other than buying phase front items. if i dont get all the points will i get game time credited to my paid acc's to make up the loss of points.
    [GM]: Is there anything else I can assist you with for now?
    To [GM]: lol can you tuck me in bed please im tired xD
    [GM]: Haha, that's a new one! :P

Rikaria 220/30/63 NT sent to bio matter reprocessing
    Strinarry 220/30/61 Crat eat you heart out hotbars
    Emmantion 200/30/58 Fix is it dead yet >.<
    Kamiashi 200/00/00 Soldier (froob) spoilt child

Hmm Nusquam rings a bell from old school ao days, just wondering if its same joel whom i know

Unlikely
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by bigrosco View Post
    Hmm Nusquam rings a bell from old school ao days, just wondering if its same joel whom i know
    makes you wonder if crattey and nils will reactivate, too? ^^

Think I still have a screeny of a nusquam hanging out @ rrg somewhere. Ah, meh nubi days...
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

LOL be awesome if they reactivated as well nothing like hanging n chilling at rrg with da boys n girls of old school ao

ppl say **** i remember u from long back i go well ive been here 8yrs and not going anywhere :P

Can't speak for others, but the merge happening gave me back some confidence in the game.

I started back (as a froob) after 4 or 5 years, and immediately loved the game again.

I tried but could never again be interested in games where the level of your toon does 99% of it's strength. That's the definition of a snore-feest to me.

I popped in, said something narcissistic as I always do; someone from my old org (well, was in 2) saw it, invited me to the org chat and... the old boss was still around (with 120 alts lol). Someone was there that just rejoined after 9-10 years . So I'm not alone.

If the new engine hits live, it will definitively means the game has a future, because lots of people can't stand the idea of playing those other snore-feest mmorpgs.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

[stupidpost]I hope everything goes well. Maybe I'm drunk, maybe I'm not. I love this community and I love the AO-team. Hang on in there. I love you all and I want this game not to die. [/stupidpost]

i merged 4 accounts 2-3 years ago, whats the big deal? :O

Quote Originally Posted by Rikaria View Post
    when it was first posted im not sure on the location of the post about the phase points it was said that they will be removed and we will get a set % of points but when you got more then 1 acc like many of us that are still in AO are we going to get the % total of what we have all added together or will it be % of avg on that acc combined to give us points to use in items shop.

this is not what i have exactly but a ruff total of points i got per toon per acc ingame,

{snip}

if i get all them estimated points i'll have a lot to spend on items i realy dont have any intreste in other than buying phase front items. if i dont get all the points will i get game time credited to my paid acc's to make up the loss of points.
    Uhm, you are aware that phasefront points are on a per char basis and if you roll a new one you will get that amount on that new char. I'm pretty sure they will give something in comparison to the amount bought for that particular account, i.e if you have 1200 points when you start a new char that's the amount you will reap the benefits from.

I got toons with 4500 points. Just give me those fancy Wen Wens from the social part of the online store, more than enough compensation!
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

In addition, the current update on Testlive contains changes to various mobs in Rubi-Ka which should improve the leveling experience overall. Hecklers are no longer the only the game in town.
    I would like to know more here, you said mobs in Rubi-Ka but mentioned Hecklers from the SL, so are/did yall revamp mobs in both lands, can we get a mention of areas of interest.
    Last edited by Anarrina; May 14th, 2013 at 19:21:29.
    There he is !
    Where ?
    There !
    What, behind the leet ?
    It is the leet !
    You silly Sod.
    What?
    You got us all worked up.
    Well, thats no ordinary leet !
    Ohh.
    That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on !
    You tit! I soiled my armour I was so scared!
    Look, that leet's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Quote Originally Posted by Nanoshaper View Post
    I would like to know more here, you said mobs in Rubi-Ka but mentioned Hecklers from the SL, so are/did yall revamp mobs in both lands, can we get a mention of areas of interest.
    try the update notes http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=605631

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    Dungeon and Instance Updates
    Monsters in Temple of the Three winds, Inner Sanctum, Foremans, Pandemonium, Crypt of Home, Cyborg Barracks, Albtraum, Alappaa, Dark Ruins (Team), Smugglers/Mantis Den, Steps of Madness, Subway will now return to their spawnpoint when trained and will also provide a higher amount of XP.
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Littlepistol 200/30/52 MP
    Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

“Political language ...is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” -George Orwell

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Thank You
    There he is !
    Where ?
    There !
    What, behind the leet ?
    It is the leet !
    You silly Sod.
    What?
    You got us all worked up.
    Well, thats no ordinary leet !
    Ohh.
    That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on !
    You tit! I soiled my armour I was so scared!
    Look, that leet's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    Uhm, you are aware that phasefront points are on a per char basis and if you roll a new one you will get that amount on that new char. I'm pretty sure they will give something in comparison to the amount bought for that particular account, i.e if you have 1200 points when you start a new char that's the amount you will reap the benefits from.

yee but what i was kind of trying to say is i bought points for each acc even my froob acc's
    [GM]: Is there anything else I can assist you with for now?
    To [GM]: lol can you tuck me in bed please im tired xD
    [GM]: Haha, that's a new one! :P

Rikaria 220/30/63 NT sent to bio matter reprocessing
    Strinarry 220/30/61 Crat eat you heart out hotbars
    Emmantion 200/30/58 Fix is it dead yet >.<
    Kamiashi 200/00/00 Soldier (froob) spoilt child

Now that the server merge and character slot expansion are done we probably won't hear another word. All I've seen about Funcom lately is that they just released an expansion for TSW. I hope I'm wrong and there are expansions on the way as well for AO and that the new engine is coming soon, (I say that tongue in cheek), but I'm not holding my breath I'd pass out lol.

Why do they still put all the effort in a new GFX-Engine? AO is still the best MMO I've ever played and none I've tried so far can compare to it.. but.. just some cosmetic improvements won't bring it back to life.

Even with new gfx.. I would log on with a account full of 220 chars... would run around a bit.. and get bored instantly.. because, even with new gfx, there is nothing to explore for ppl that come back to the game. They know how everything is working, where to get your items and so on..

AO needs more than just a new gfx update.. it needs new content.. and not just a "small" update like the XAN-update.. I'm more talking of somehting like shadowlands..

But the most important thing.. there needs to be complete reset of all characters.. Everybody starts back at level 1, with nothing equipped.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast