Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: AO Fan Gathering! Oslo, Norway - Sept. 11th!

Sony, Sony, Sony it's a rich mans' world.... Abba eat yer heart out....
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned.

Quote Originally Posted by MCMXVI View Post
    Didn't get much footage, but I managed to put together this short video from the Q&A and the following event at the dubliner

-Strupstad
    A song by a Columbian, about Africa, in a video of events in Norway, blocked from view in many countries by a bunch of money hungry people from various nationalities working for a Japanese multinational conglomerate wondering why their profits are dropping.

Nah... no irony there.

It is no wonder that many artists are now preferring to self-release online.

Back on topic:
    Thanks for posting the video. Any chance you could post another version without added music so everyone can watch it, please?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

@tazalanche

Stop conspiring!

Quote Originally Posted by tazalanche View Post
    Thanks for posting the video. Any chance you could post another version without added music so everyone can watch it, please?
    www.youtubeproxy.org
    220/26 Shade, 220/26 Enf, 220/26 Crat, 220/25 NT, 220/25 Fix, 220/23 Doc, 217/24 Trader, 214/23 Agent, 200/23 MP, 171/22 Sold, 167/21 MP, 157/21 Eng, 150/20 MA, 150/16 Keeper, 150/13 Adv, 123/2 Fixer

Not the quantity or quality I hoped to have, but some pics from the day... if anyone for any reason doesn't wanna be in them, PM me and I'll do some photoshopperising or something.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=bdae2c6f0b

Great vid btw, thanks for posting it
    The nature of monkey is irrepressible.
    Silq ~ Barabajagal ~ Ubik ~ Steampunk ~ Fleshwoman & others

As my friends and I where getting our jackets from the inner room as they where locking it up, there was what looked like a dSLR camera bag laying in the inner right hand corner along with a jacket. If I recall correctly the bag was mostly black.
    We notified the staff of our findings and left it for them to take care of.

Assuming you have asked the dubliner staff about it, I am not sure how much this information helps.
    Slowly (L220 Fixer) - Proud member of Nightmares End

Quote Originally Posted by Silq View Post
    Not the quantity or quality I hoped to have, but some pics from the day... if anyone for any reason doesn't wanna be in them, PM me and I'll do some photoshopperising or something.

Very nice Silq I recognize the pic I took! (/strong4)
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Silq View Post

I wantz to tag image! ;P
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Is it me or did I see some drunk peoples?
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    Is it me or did I see some drunk peoples?
    Quite a lot of them! Somewhat amusing for us sober folks.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Am I the only one that, before reading a post by a mod, first looks to verify that the thread does not have the "post reply" button replaced by a "closed" button?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Looks like you all had a great time! I'd be curious to know if anyone met an orgmate - or pvp nemesis - at the event. It's the little things....

Quote Originally Posted by Gora View Post
    Looks like you all had a great time! I'd be curious to know if anyone met an orgmate - or pvp nemesis - at the event. It's the little things....
    Really!!

You guys have been very tight lipped about this whole gathering outside of everyone having a great time and Means having his camera stolen. Where are the stories?
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Looked like they had pizza delivered on trucks ! TRUUCKS OF PIZZA!

...that's enough story for anyone ! lol
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

i missed the pizza event... enough story ?

i met 2 orgmates, but this wasn´t too hard since we were flying together, and a whole bunch of people who i never saw or heard of before... oh and i tryed to convince everyone able to speak german to join our org but this wasn´t really successfull

Quote Originally Posted by ElBoogy View Post
    i tryed to convince everyone able to speak german to join our org but this wasn´t really successfull
    You didn't try with me.

Since the ARKs camped a whole table by ourselves, I think I knew people yes. However, I was the only CR person there, so not technically "orgmates". We had one from CR, two of Operations, two from Bughunters, one from Academy, one from Events, and one from Staffing.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Since the ARKs camped a whole table by ourselves, I think I knew people yes. However, I was the only CR person there, so not technically "orgmates". We had one from CR, two of Operations, two from Bughunters, one from Academy, one from Events, and one from Staffing.
    Leet blob?
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Yeah but i thought having an Ark in our org wouldn´t be a good thing due to our heavily exploitable playstyle

Don´t invite teh enemy to your home you know

Great meeting on all aspects, only thing which could have been done otherwise was to extend it a day or two!

Working on editing some pictures that will be emailed in. Sadly I didn't think of recording the Q/A session.

What I do remember though:
    • Impressive amounts of players travelling a significant (outside Scandinavia) distance just to attend the meeting!
    • The chests in CoH - noone knows
    • "Less sandwich making fights" (Keeper - target mob - press Q - go make a sandwich)
    • Sirillion showed up to take a peek at the players
    • Dolly Dimple pizzas with pesto sauce is OK,
    • I still think we should have a vote on the most sexy armour AO of all times
    Director Frostrune
    ARK Operations 6+ years and counting

"Order restored."

This is us - Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    Read and follow these - Rules of Conduct
    Follow these and the Moderation Team will be happy - Forum Guidelines

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast