Thread: Rrrrrrr......... weapon!?

Question Rrrrrrr......... weapon!?

hi, new to the fourm and have a little..... well, not question, more like request for opintion. should i IPR my weapon skill and use them for other thing altogther? ok, ok, hear my full story out first.

i've been this doc for like..... 6 months now. i finally break 150 (actually, i'm 151 now, not that it's a big deal to all u "l33t" guys) b4 150, i never even fire a single shot with any weapons. i did the textbook "little nanomage healer of the team" thing from lvl 1. i saved up a whole lota points for the title cap around 140ish, so now after breaking 150, i dump them in weapon skills and thinking "Ah, now i can finally join in on the kill with the team." well silly me. i got that ql 170ish +15 phsy shotgun on (forgot what's the name, Is-something i think) and goes on a team mission. first mob walks in the room, everyone's shooting at it and i targeted it and hit Q also. now whatda ya know!? i got off a shot every 5 to 8 seconds or so and does about 200ish damage. i did better with my First Degree Burn nano for crying out loud!!! ok, i know i'm still on full defense and all but that's just sad. please tell me something. does it make more of a difference if i slide the bar to full aggro and try again? if so then how much better are we talking about? if not i think i'll just IPR shotgun and range intil and put all them points in some trade skill and make my doc someone that makes stuff instead. all input on the matter are welcome. thank you.
    Last edited by Idoness; Jan 23rd, 2003 at 22:06:56.
    Anime! So many DVDs so little time! And yes! I'm a Otaku (well, a half breed at least)

It will make a lot of difference to your attack speed if you go full aggressive.

How high is your ranged initiative?
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Exclamation hummmm

ok, so it'll be faster, but does it do more damage? my shotgun is and range inti are both 590ish unbuff i think (and that's usually how it stays when i got in mission) T_T
    Anime! So many DVDs so little time! And yes! I'm a Otaku (well, a half breed at least)

Damage is variable. If you're hitting 200 or less every time, you are probably using a poorly chosen weapon... post the full name of it here and we can help you more.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Sounds like you're using a Vektor. It's a very crit reliant weapon. You really need to pump up your chance to crit to get those to work. MA buffs and scopes both help.

The Ithaca is a more common shotgun these days. Still crit reliant, but has aimed shot - a very nice special.

If you want to avoid crit reliance, the Home Defender is a better option, but still does significantly more damage with a crit.

There's a new shotgun that may appear next patch, the Maw of the Abyss. It will give better non-crit damage. But it requires flingshot.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Oh, pushing the AggDef slider further toward the right should not increase the damage per shot. It should increase your number of shots, which will increase your damage/sec.

It also has the effect of decreasing your evades :/ So, if you push the slider to the right to get more attacks in, anyone/anything that attacks you will have a better chance of hitting and will be more likely to get a crit.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Thumbs up cool!

yup, Vektor sounds like that 1 i'm using, guess i'll go Home Defender then. thanks for the info on the matter guys (or gals ^_~) this really helps, i'm gona give it 1 more try with the Home Defender then. see if it works out for me on the attack side. in anycase, the worse that'll happen is that i sell all the shot guns i've been stocking up and IPR the weapon skills for trade skills and all. thanks again for the help ^o^
    Last edited by Idoness; Jan 23rd, 2003 at 23:58:32.

Exclamation oh, 1 more thing!

the best we Docs can do on DD (Direct Damage) nanos is First Degree Burns right?

Ya, but it doesent feel right to use the word "best".. less worst sounds better.

1st-degree burns can actually "do the trick" sometimes... i.e, chaincasting it on TMS'ed soldiers..

Be careful with those IPR points, you might never get them back.

Shotgun, aimed shot, and fling are what is needed to equip an ithica. Once you have your agility skill maxed, raise fling, get a 8% scope on, and you should be able to get an Ithica on.

Aimed shot is a fun skill, and you'll get the occasional 10K AS off in missions.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course