Page 1 of 25 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: [ShadowBreeds In need of a change]

[ShadowBreeds In need of a change]

Dear Funcom,

There is a big problem with the Shadowbreeds you have made. I'd like if you could at least read my letter, because I am an active, paying player and I do deserve this in my opinion. Solitus Omni Shadowbreed have a aoe root for 30 seconds, This Shadowbreed has been given to the Omni as a huge advantage in the past. We didn’t argue or even say anything about this, but since Lost Eden is out...everything went in a different direction, Those players that have a Solitus Omni character over level 205, can kill over 50 people with just 1 Shadowbreed and 1 Nuke which was implemented in Lost Eden Expansion.I do like the way Nuke's are, but I do not agree the fact that 1 guy can kill
    an entire Clan raid force with just 1 button, while we cannot remove this root with any item or even Clan Shadowbreed which I think was supposed to do this. I am sending this Letter because the way it is now, there is nothing left in the Title 7 Tower Wars, we cannot run, we cannot break the root what use is it to continue this when the shadow breed isn’t working? I don’t ask to remove Omni Shadowbreed, but please take a look at how Tower Wars (TL7) are now, if you find it fair,
    then please reply to my email with a confirmation. At least I will know my play time is going to end here.

The following players have agreed with this letter, They will try to post here their main characters
    (not name of accounts, if you want to check our accounts you should have this power to see it.) so you hopefully will understand this is not a joke. Every player will write his name here and
    will confirm this in game(or via email) at any time.

Official Post where you can see whole list of ppl that are Supporting this Letter and/or Suggestion.

Suggestions:

1) Make all Shadowbreeds same for all.

2) Make all Shadowbreeds usable only in Shadow Lands.

3) Evry Proffesion to have a unique one.

4) Remove the Shadowbreeds from Notum Wars (Noone can fire Shadowbreeds in any Land Control Area).

5) Remove Shadowbreeds from game.

6) Put the AoE root from omni soli SB into the Root nanoline, rather than the The Choice nanoline.
    Easy to fix, what does it mean?
    a) Crats can use aoe deroot to remove it
    b) You can use Free Movements to get loose
    c) If you're 100% immune to roots (like when you have Great Purge running, or MOTR effect (Force of the Despoiler), or Boon of the Wanderer + Tacky Hack), it doesn't land on you!

7) Add in the AOE effect the Clan Soli SB (The Choice) gives, the following line:
    User Reduce The Choice 1000000s (the same as it does with Roots, Snares and Calms).
    This way Clan Soli SB deroot kills the Omni Soli SB root (like I think it's supposed to do ).

There are tons of suggetions we can tell you, then your job is to take & make the fair one for evryone, thats why we pay for this game isnt it?

We have over 120+ Players Supporting this Suggestion/Letter.
    This Letter will be send to Anarchy Online Leadership at end of this weekend
    Last edited by Pharexys; Jun 18th, 2007 at 22:05:40.
    Devil Inside for life.
    Pharexys - Adventurer
    Maniacu - Soldier
    Cyber2 - Nano-Technician
    Multibox - Bureaucrat

Devil Inside Website - Devil Inside Forum - Devil Inside YouTube Channel - Pharexys Twich Stream

Ibtl and bump. This is something that has needed looking into for a long time and with the introduction of Orbital Strikes makes it possible for 2 people to destroy an entire clan raidforce in 5 seconds.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

omni sb is exploit. and bump because mods shouldn't delete a game suggestion should have just been warped.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharexys View Post
    7) Add in the AOE effect the Clan Soli SB (The Choice) gives, the following line:
    User Reduce The Choice 1000000s (the same as it does with Roots, Snares and Calms).
    This way Clan Soli SB deroot kills the Omni Soli SB root (like I think it's supposed to do ).
    This is in my opionion the best solution.
    But even as a claner i would say give the Solitus Clan only a 50% chance to remove the root. Because if it its 100% the Omni Solitus SB would be worthless.
    With a 50/50 chance it should be fair for both sides.
    Last edited by Shinigami80; Jun 18th, 2007 at 00:21:10.
    Main: Chavelle | Equip (slightly outdated)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigami80 View Post
    This is in my opionion the best solution.
    But even as a claner i would say give the Solitus Clan only a 50% chance to remove the root. Because if it its 100% the Omni Solitus SB would be worthless.
    With a 50/50 chance it should be fair for both sides.
    Fair enough ... if the omni SB was 50% chance to root in the 1st place.

I dont think chance should play a part in high level towers.
    I think it should be about skill and effort.

There is no skill involved with hitting a SB and calling down an orbital.
    Any victories under such conditions are simply hollow.

I don't really wanna register on another set of forums to ask this, so I say here, add my name to list please.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Definately agree that it isn't balanced atm.

But on the other hand if your SB breaks all roots and snares including the SB one it will be unblanced in your favor instead.

So please FC just make this right and give us an equal standing in NW.

Or better yet, just nerf the orbitals to hell all together. I can't remember when i was killed by a player at towers anymore...

[edit] On another note, this might actually be bad to send in a petition about. As a change after a listsigning opens the gates to more events like this. Thus making it fair game to collect names send it to FC and have things changed.

If i were FC i would get more reluctant to change things after customerpressure to avoid more of the same kind later.
    Last edited by Hibernation; Jun 18th, 2007 at 08:12:46.

Oddly enough I remember a similar post made by players from RK1 few months ago, back then I pointed out the fact that the Root that comes with the omni soli SB isnt in any root lines affected by AoE deroots or any other root breaking item - the only exception being the agent burst out line, which isnt a root breaking nano, since it allows you to move no matter what for a set length of time and then sets you back to your previous state - and then the post got deleted

We all knew how TL7 wars would end the day omnis would wake up and use their tactical advantage, it's been said for months on forums, yet nothing changed.
    Get used to it, this is nothing that matters to FC and instead they gave us insane research bonuses to make tower bonuses so meaningless that it's barely worth fighting for - I remember back pre SL when even a NM NT needed a high QL corruption tower to self cast RB or had to stick with a MP for a CM, now pretty much everyone can self cast everything anyway, and it's not worth dieing over and over when you know you dont stand a chance against such a powerfull combo.
    AO's MOTD
    There does seem to be problems with the internet itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernation View Post
    But on the other hand if your SB breaks all roots and snares including the SB one it will be unblanced in your favor instead.
    Hmm, I don't see any unbalance.
    First of all, you should have some soli with SB charged on battlefield. Then, you must shoot it right after omni SB, to give sufficient time to leave the strike-zone.

And the last and the most important.... if omnis are defending, they can shoot SB IN 75% GAS (on suppression field countdown) , that makes omni soli unstoppable and invulnerable to clan zerg of any size.

I can add to suggestions:
    if any laser tagging device from side!=defending is dropped in NW zone - disable suppression gas timer. The second you're in - you're open to attack.

This is more logical IMO. You want to fight 'convensional weapons' - gas suppression timer advantage on your side. You want it rough - deal with consequences.
    220/22 Clan NM/Engineer
    220/27 Clan Soli/Doctor
    ... and some others.

Enormous bank-sell. You ask it - I have it. (most probably)

Quote Originally Posted by Elsix View Post
    Hmm, I don't see any unbalance.
    First of all, you should have some soli with SB charged on battlefield. Then, you must shoot it right after omni SB, to give sufficient time to leave the strike-zone.
    I have died like 2 times to an OS when i was unrooted/unsnared both times was because i was typing and not paying attention.

I have died like 10-15 times when i was rooted or snared.

So yeah having a regular snare/root on you greatly increases the chance of death. I agree to that the omni sb is even worse since it is impossible to break.

Im very sure clan will learn to use their SB properly to break all roots given time. And then become a pretty much unstoppable force because omni will have their forces split up badly thanks to constant snares and roots. Our onlyu counter will be stims and derootnanos while yours will be 1 click on a button.

So yeah there will be imbalance. Not gonna argue with you about an issue you have though. If you think you are right in that it won't create any imbalance at all it's your credibility that goes down the drain and that's not my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylfarin View Post
    Oddly enough I remember a similar post made by players from RK1 few months ago, back then I pointed out the fact that the Root that comes with the omni soli SB isnt in any root lines affected by AoE deroots or any other root breaking item - the only exception being the agent burst out line, which isnt a root breaking nano, since it allows you to move no matter what for a set length of time and then sets you back to your previous state - and then the post got deleted
    To date, every post that has mentioned the ability of burst out to temporarily nullify the effects of the SB root has been deleted *shrug*
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernation View Post
    So yeah there will be imbalance. Not gonna argue with you about an issue you have though. If you think you are right in that it won't create any imbalance at all it's your credibility that goes down the drain and that's not my problem.
    Hmm. What's the inbalance if clan SB will break omni SB root, and ONLY it? There's ton of AoE stuns, roots, snares on battlefield. Leave apart the fact that derooting ALL affected by SB root demands from clanner to stand on exactly that point where omni SB was fired... and since clanners are rooted it's practically impossible... so omnis will STILL have advantage, smaller one though.

bite me if I'm not right
    Last edited by Elsix; Jun 18th, 2007 at 08:55:59. Reason: typo
    220/22 Clan NM/Engineer
    220/27 Clan Soli/Doctor
    ... and some others.

Hmm. What's the inbalance if clan SB will break omni SB root, and ONLY it? There's ton of AoE stuns, roots, snares on battlefield. Leave apart the fact that derooting ALL affected by SB root demands from clanner to stand on exactly that point where omni SB was fired... and since clanners are rooted it's practically impossible... so omnis will STILL have advantage, smaller one though.

bite me if I'm not right
    Exactly my point. It should break the SB root. But it should not break any other root, snare or calm.

Which demands a removal of those effects on the clan SB if it gets changed to break the omni SB, which i fully suppoprt i might add.

Please stop offering this BS.

Omni solitus SB is only cause you still talk about it.

Clans were owning towers for year+ while SBs were ingame and there were no problems with.

Think about Orbitals and please shut those topics up.

Another suggestion is reroll omni.
    :: Izolenta :: Kynopoc :: Dreamech :: Dreamchaser :: Batmobile ::

President of Molotoff Cocktail

Playing since 2002/06/26

Quote Originally Posted by Izolenta View Post

Clans were owning towers for year+ while SBs were ingame and there were no problems with.

On RK1 that was true, on RK2 that was the other way around, before orbitals, so what does your point prove?
    Is RK2 clan now the major field keepers, or still omni?
    -----
    Bump for making clan SB remove omni SB root.

that made no sense.. Omni SB will be omni SB whether we talk about it or not

Yes Clan owned on RK1 while SBs were in effect because the tactics used in a game where mass has no effect ala stack/ball up can work one way or the other. The Omni SB vs Clan SB is flawed. Omni has a unbreakable AOE root. Clans can still be single rooted without it just like everyone else. Orbitals are a problem yes but the SB root is just silly. I will give an example:

I am a solitus keeper. I was in BS today. I was killing a person almost had them killed they SB'd well that left me guess what? Totally stuck. Now typically if I get rooted I can at least shorten the duration with normal mechanics such as stims, etc, but in this situation I am just plain stuck. There is no way out. Of course that person came back with friends and while in that situation my SB was up I could have "countered" the effect, its kinda an emergency thing and being SB rooted sounds like just the thing.

noone said 'NERF'. The idea was to fix BOTH clan and omni SB's.
    Clan SB removes ALL roots/Snares - something Omnis can't AoE remove.
    Omni SB brings unremovable root - something Clans can't AoE remove.

So nerf Clan SB for removing all roots + temp immunity. Huh, better?
    220/22 Clan NM/Engineer
    220/27 Clan Soli/Doctor
    ... and some others.

noone said 'NERF'. The idea was to fix BOTH clan and omni SB's.
    Clan SB removes ALL roots/Snares - something Omnis can't AoE remove.
    Omni SB brings unremovable root - something Clans can't AoE remove.

So nerf Clan SB for removing all roots + temp immunity. Huh, better?
    Problem is/was that it isn't in the original suggestions. So it wasn't the idea at all originally.

Although what you wrote should be the idea.

Add me.

Side note: being able to remove the root (50% or not) won't change things a lot. The time we remove the root, the nuke will have landed. Just basic coordination of the rooter and the nuker are required, no big skills. The only difference is you might run away from flames (air strike only) with some luck.
    Chrisax
    MP 220, AL 30, Research 70, active, Born on Rimor
    In AO since 2001
    Founder and elected President of Athen Paladins
    www.athenpaladins.org
    Member of the Clerical Staff of the Council of Truth

Page 1 of 25 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast