Thread: New EG stuff please!

New EG stuff please!

While 17.1 is including new things to do in schoel i think this needs to be put off in part to address the growing problem since the exp changes to inferno.

End Game Overcrowding

Pande at the moment is becoming consistent 100+ to a beast raid if not higher. I have taken a break from pande but only due to resets.

At the moment D2 clans are doing what they can but they are pretty limited in what they can do.

Now the fact is 42 was an attempt to alievate this problem HOWEVER it didnt. Why? Because you made sure it was impossible for large groups to do anything.

42 is an excelent area but it requires stacked primed teams and is quite frankly the most difficult area of the game. It doesnt solve the problem that is beginning to crop up. While it has been long stated instancing of pande is not possible i come at this from a different angle.

Create a completely new EG zone simular to pandemonium but with a different set of equipment and things. (this isnt a small project and probably for 17.2 rather than 17.1) Acting now could offset a significant problem in the future one that could cost customers. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    While 17.1 is including new things to do in schoel i think this needs to be put off in part to address the growing problem since the exp changes to inferno.

End Game Overcrowding

Pande at the moment is becoming consistent 100+ to a beast raid if not higher. I have taken a break from pande but only due to resets.

At the moment D2 clans are doing what they can but they are pretty limited in what they can do.

Now the fact is 42 was an attempt to alievate this problem HOWEVER it didnt. Why? Because you made sure it was impossible for large groups to do anything.

42 is an excelent area but it requires stacked primed teams and is quite frankly the most difficult area of the game. It doesnt solve the problem that is beginning to crop up. While it has been long stated instancing of pande is not possible i come at this from a different angle.

Create a completely new EG zone simular to pandemonium but with a different set of equipment and things. (this isnt a small project and probably for 17.2 rather than 17.1) Acting now could offset a significant problem in the future one that could cost customers. Thanks in advance.
    42 has another big problem IMO, the loot isnt equal to the risk involved in completing the sector. Combining this sector with reward quests to kill the 3 bosses and the Artillery commander might help alleviate this
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    42 has another big problem IMO, the loot isnt equal to the risk involved in completing the sector. Combining this sector with reward quests to kill the 3 bosses and the Artillery commander might help alleviate this
    Speaking of that did anyone ever find out what kuzi got from the first 42 boss kill? The unknown LE item?

Speaking of that did anyone ever find out what kuzi got from the first 42 boss kill? The unknown LE item?
    That is an RP-item i think
    bump for the game being playable in 200-300+ groups >)

No kuzi posted it on the boards that a GM told him it was an LE bounty item. Though what the reward was had never been made public.

No kuzi posted it on the boards that a GM told him it was an LE bounty item. Though what the reward was had never been made public.
    It was invasion plans apparantly http://aomainframe.info/showitem.aspx?AOID=262656

Yeah what i was wondering was what the reward was.

Not the right forum

But if anything quick and dirty should be done, then Pandemonium should be given the 42 treatment. That is fast respawn and lockout on players instead of the mobs.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Yeah what i was wondering was what the reward was.
    Last i heard there was no reward, he couldnt find anyone to give it to, or anything to do with it, did something change?

bump for both: that is both the fix of end game overcrowding, and to know what the invasion plans are for.

its an RP item,the one that told us that LE is coming(from an RP perspective),so basicly we failed because we defeated the sector 2 weeks before LE and we were supposed to do it before...

Quote Originally Posted by Pala View Post
    its an RP item,the one that told us that LE is coming(from an RP perspective),so basicly we failed because we defeated the sector 2 weeks before LE and we were supposed to do it before...
    I dont think so. FC would of changed the loot tables on 42 silently to reflect it. This is for something...The hyper invasion described on those plans has not yet taken place. (we would know if it did)

There are lots of Things to do at the end game:

1. Roll an alt
    2. Farm creds for alts
    3. kill adonis dynas for alts
    4. Get alt to End game content
    5. Goto 1

My personal wish is that more people would stop farming EG stuff and play their lowbies. The game is bizarre and fun when you have the best of everything for a lowbie alt.

ANi.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Quote Originally Posted by Animosity View Post
    There are lots of Things to do at the end game:

1. Roll an alt
    2. Farm creds for alts
    3. kill adonis dynas for alts
    4. Get alt to End game content
    5. Goto 1

My personal wish is that more people would stop farming EG stuff and play their lowbies. The game is bizarre and fun when you have the best of everything for a lowbie alt.

ANi.
    So... When you finaly get your trox melee advie to level 220, it's all over?
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

This might help a little, but only if things are timed so that bosses in the new area spawn at exactly the same time as Pande zods/beast, which, with sometimes erratic killtimes, could be impossible.

A better solution is just to make current Pande loot obtainable through instanced content - special dungeons with the zod spawning as the boss. For Beast, the only thing I can think of is to double/triple his drops to get people their loot faster, but this merely forestalls the problem. But there has to be a way to put Pande loot into instanced content (if they can't instance Pande, they should put the loot on mobs that can be part of instanced content, imo) and still keep people going to Pande (but not in a way that they have to go over and over and over again).
    Trypha - 220/30/70 Engineer - General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypothecary - 220/30/69 Doctor
    Trypocalypse - 220/30/70 Soldier
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

I dont think so. FC would of changed the loot tables on 42 silently to reflect it. This is for something...The hyper invasion described on those plans has not yet taken place. (we would know if it did)
    it was confirmed by a GM,then again you know how GMs are...

Quote Originally Posted by Pala View Post
    it was confirmed by a GM,then again you know how GMs are...

sexeh?

Quote Originally Posted by Trypha View Post
    This might help a little, but only if things are timed so that bosses in the new area spawn at exactly the same time as Pande zods/beast, which, with sometimes erratic killtimes, could be impossible.

A better solution is just to make current Pande loot obtainable through instanced content - special dungeons with the zod spawning as the boss. For Beast, the only thing I can think of is to double/triple his drops to get people their loot faster, but this merely forestalls the problem. But there has to be a way to put Pande loot into instanced content (if they can't instance Pande, they should put the loot on mobs that can be part of instanced content, imo) and still keep people going to Pande (but not in a way that they have to go over and over and over again).
    This is something that FC has said on about 59000 threads will NEVER happen. For whatever reason i still dont understand the reasoning behind it. But it does not fix the soultion regardless. It isnt just instancing. EG content is pretty solid. But unlike the battlestations pande was never designed to handle the kind of constant load it is getting now. If i wanted to make a new EG zone given the situation i have. I would go one of two ways.

1. A hyper advanced version of the CRU missions in a raid format Lots of storyline lots of stuff lots of crazy loot. (one for each faction)

2. Break out something that i saw in borealis before LE hit. Asomadus brought out an AI ship dungeon. I would go further. I would not limit the current mothership mission i would let the current mothership mission quintuple in size! Maybe even expand it exponentially jack the difficulty up make it similar to 42 (but lessen on the anti-zerg to allow more than 24 at a time maybe more like 60+ before it went into effect hard core) Update the bounty items and make it something completely new. Either way would work i think and play into the storyline.

I have thrown out instancing while they do listen to us i think thats just a pipe dream. I dont think it will happen and its worthless to ask. Pande is going to be pande. If FC wont make it easier for the welfare junkies and powerleveling n00bs who dont know their professions for a bag of beans, to get their loot thats fine by me. But at least add an area that will allow people to actually look somewhere else OTHER than pande for their EG phatz.
    Last edited by Firestorm; Jan 25th, 2007 at 22:15:33.