Thread: More instances in Pande. >asap<

Thumbs up More instances in Pande. >asap<

Since the population of high level characters increased significant over the past 2-3 months something has to be done about the situation in Pande.

First of all, not everyone that want to raid this end game content can. Due to the massive zerg of people arriving, not all can join because the server cant handle the pressure.
    Even if the servers could handle it, i doubt many clients/machines would perform even close to well when you have over 150 players within eyesight, and really...how fun experience is that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the raid for The Beast opens you have to be very quick to join the raid, before its filled. This have happened a few times for me, im very aware of the frustration this brings.

The raidbot will be filled with lets say 120 raiders. There is no skill what so ever with this kind of zerg, and it encourage's slacking/afk, where is the challenge...

As a pet-profession im not even allowed(due to performance/lag issues in pande) to use my toolset or main weapon, and i really hate to leech!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My experience from todays Beast raid. One of the laggiest raids i've been to.

7-8 seconds lag between pressing Q, and seeing the first bullet hit. 8-9Fps and very jerky movement on the mouse cursor thus difficult/impossible to press shortcuts/perks, which were executed when the target was dead already.

Bidding on stuff. Sweetness! 2x Engineer stars dropped! (first engineer stars i seen so far on this Beasty boy).

But, of course i couldnt bid at all! cause the raidbot was lagged to hell with all the people, or something. Both went for 50, i would have pushed the double just to get it since its the last item this toon need.

Other people have mentioned for me that they also have had issues with bidding on items. This is third time it happened to me personly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do do?

I have respect for people that farmed many points, im the last person that want anything for free or fed with a silver spoon.

But Pande really need another Instance/GS to even have a chance handling the players/payers!

Pande really need a third Instance/GS to bring a fragment of challenge, fun, and skills to this zone.

Todays system leave alot of the players outside.

bump for this thread and all the ones discussing how bad the situation is in pande atm, on RK1 and RK2 and whatever side you're part of.

bump again, FC taking donations for a new server cluster?

Instances, or improved droprates, or more questing alternatives for the items.

Droprate change prolly would be the easiest to do (100% drop on all items on the mobs, 75% on two of the item dropping, 50% on three and 25% on four), this would help to siphon out players faster from pande thanks to them getting their items faster, and once the population drops enough, readjust the drops down.

But bumpi for instances, done with a reasonable system to allow easy management of org/interorg raids (spawntimes and such would be total mess with "normal" instancing what we have, who knows when the mobs spawn in GS3, and it could be exploited if the GS resets, unless it's done like the faction temples are, but even then, how do you guarantee you are going to get to that specific instance you know the timers of?)
    Rimor:
    --Janat L220/19. Neutral Doctor, General of Underworld
    ----Lafi TL5 Opishade | Cirno TL5 NT
    --Taiyo L220/28. Omni Doctor, Core

Bumping, though not even hoping for it. Been discussed too many times, been officially said that instancing isn't possible with the current game mechanics.

If they can't instance Pande, then they should be working on an alternative.

At the moment AO is probably the only MMO that can't claim to have any specific endgame content. Once you hit 220 the challenge just vanishes. Sure, you could grind AI30, LE70, but then thats not really a chellenge, it's more about how dedicated you can be to repetition.

Funcom have never acknowledged a "raid" as anything official. There is no raid interface, there isn't enough customisation in game to create a raid interface, which means the biggest group of players officially catered to is 6, and that's hardly a good basis for endgame.

I don't want to roll alts, I dont want to keep repeating the same game content and trying to convince myself it's fun because it's on a new toon. The token grind doesn't become interesting just because I'm doing it with a different gun/sword/hammer/pet.

PvP could have been an endgame, it's worked for the likes of Guild Wars and holds it's playerbase in rapt attention.The problem is that PvP has become like a simplified version of counterstrike. He who tab q's fastest shalt be victorious. It no longer really matters what toon I play or how he's setup, chances are he's going to walk round a corner into the barrel of an AP turret and then the last 2 years of character development get blotted out by someone pressing q.

If FC want this game to live on, then they need to give people a reason to stay.

First, create a raid interface, you have a team interface so do some work on expanding that so that you begin to officially recognise raids.

Then, leave the existing content alone, way too much hassle to do anything with it now. But build some new raid instances, 12 man, 24 man, 30 man, whatever. You have enough mob models and behaviours in the database, you have enough scenery and landscaping, noone will complain if the first instances contained nothing but your regular Pande mobs. You can have these instances maybe accessible from a portal stone in Pande garden, the mechanics for which you already have, so no need to change maps etc.

But please, Lost Eden extended the life of a character by a couple of weeks for most people while we trained the research lines we considered worth training. The battlestations are being used because people want VP's, NOT because you've created an enthralling, enjoyeable PvP enviroment. It's content through necessity, not content through choice.

Sadly of course Blizzard just released Burning Crusade. Now, I'm not a promoter of WoW, I can't stand the community. But just look what came with that expansion. New races, new skills, a higher level cap, new instances, a new world, new battlegrounds, new arena wars, new items, new starter areas, new city's. And it cost the same to buy as Lost Eden....... I realise FC's Dev team isn't as well funded, or as large as Blizzard. But sadly these other games have such a strangle hold on the market for this very reason, and as long asFC keep ignoring any sort of endgame, it's going to lose established players over time who just finally get bored of using AO as a very expensive chatroom.
    Last edited by Siorai; Jan 18th, 2007 at 09:53:02.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Grumpy "Siorai" Oldgit - 220.25 Clan Atrox Doctor - Screenshot - Equip (old)

First trox doc on RK1 using Blades of Boltar.

My Spirit Shroud Hell - Over 1400 kills with no drop.

20 minute timer on Zods, hour on Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugglerrr View Post
    20 minute timer on Zods, hour on Beast.
    Yes, brilliant idea, and how exactly is this going to create an interesting challenging content?

Pande as it is provides no real challenge, but let me elaborate.

1. Zerging with bots is currently the favoured method, and regardless of spawn time, that by definition won't provide challenge.

2. FFA days will always be dominated by certain orgs. More power to them, but the fact that is how it works means most orgs wont ever undertake the challenge of attempting beast.

3. Zods can indeed be taken on by orgs and the bots have always been very good in not moving against orgs. However regardless of spawn timer, it will only be accessible to one group at a time on spawn.

Firstly let me say I dont disagree with bots, I think they're the only solution for Pande as it stands and I've never had reason to think badly of them. Whenever we've moved on zods as an org the bots have stepped aside with no drama.

However endgame by definition should be open to everyone as a challenge. That means an org should have time to go to Pande, wipe, try again, wipe and so on until that one special day when they bring down beast to much rejoicing and quaffing of ale. The only way to make that possible is instanced content whereby a raid is saved to an instance and can attempt it over time at a pace to suit them.

As FC have said they cant make Pande work as an instance, thats why I'm suggesting new instances and leave Pande as it is sadly.

The other problem is that having no raid interface makes raiding somewhat of a joke. How can we even hope for endgame raids when nothing greater than a 6 man group has any official interface.
    Grumpy "Siorai" Oldgit - 220.25 Clan Atrox Doctor - Screenshot - Equip (old)

First trox doc on RK1 using Blades of Boltar.

My Spirit Shroud Hell - Over 1400 kills with no drop.

just separate clanners pande and omni pande, so we don't have to share days on beast

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkinmeta View Post
    bump again, FC taking donations for a new server cluster?
    they already did its called LE

Bump on better droprate/shorter spawn time in Pande.

People already spend enough time on getting items due to very low droprates. With increased number of people, more items are needed.
    Yes this spending of time makes people keep their account longer (might have the opposite effect too), but i think a good and interesting game is what should keep people online, not low droprates.

I have bamped the others so I will bumpity bump this one too.. please fix Pande..

hmm..wonder how many lett
    Why can't they instance pande? Just make it like totw, thats instanced and works like a friggin charm!

Seriously, its stupid as it is now.

bump

"There's nothing wrong with the (ranged advy) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent."
    dgdgdgdg018:I kinda prefer my method of simply calling them morons and retards. sadly, people claim "that is not an argument".thus in the future i shall say -
    you, dear sir, are a moron because
    1) inbreeding perhaps?
    2) got dropped on your head as a child a lot and as a result have impaired intelligence ?
    3) are bored and have decided to troll?
    4) suffer from ADD and dyslexia?
    5) Other.....?
    6) All of the above?
    why it's almost like a form letter, and i can sign it as-
    Laughing at you, DG

I mean surely i have provided reasons on par with said posters original arguments, haven't I ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eatin View Post
    Why can't they instance pande? Just make it like totw, thats instanced and works like a friggin charm!

Seriously, its stupid as it is now.
    apparently FC has a hardware problem (i.e. if i remember Sil's post correctly, basically they don't have enough powerful hardware (read: servers) to make 10-20 instances of pande on demand)

Yup LE was the collection plate passed around LOL

Bump

-=Jobe Whompa A Place Called Home!=-
    "What would you do if you knew you could do anything? As an NT you shall not ph33r what is to come but what you can acomplish."

Creator Of The Anarchy-Online Gatherings.
    *2005*[Borealis]*2006*[ICC Platform]*2007*[Baboons] *2008*[LushFields Resort]

Beast bump instancing

-=Jobe Whompa A Place Called Home!=-
    "What would you do if you knew you could do anything? As an NT you shall not ph33r what is to come but what you can acomplish."

Creator Of The Anarchy-Online Gatherings.
    *2005*[Borealis]*2006*[ICC Platform]*2007*[Baboons] *2008*[LushFields Resort]