Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please make "Burden of Competence" a Quest Item

Lightbulb Please make "Burden of Competence" a Quest Item

Now that i have your attention from the title let me hook you on this idea i had while i was sleeping.

Scenario:

You want a burden, you want the +ability buffage, you want an epeen++

Well you have 1 or 2 options:
    1. Get your org together and hope it drops (FFA time)
    2. Farm for it on a various raidbot (this thread is not about raidbots, i love raidbots, all hail the raidbots)

Back on point:

Since I crunched the numbers and let's assume you went with option 2. Now it would take about a year ~ give or take to get one. (omg you whiner, i know bear with me).

Since we have seen no drop bellum coats that appear to be mish items or the merlin coat, and even items from the ring of plausibility or berserker imps as items rewarded from quests, and most recently the beast star was made into a quest.

Why not make Burden of Competence a quest item?

The quest could be long and hard and dangerous and take about 2 months~ to fininsh~ would be awesome.

First gripe i see:
    [WHINE] OMG now everyone will have one OMG [/WHINE]

Well at some point everyone will have everything (being hypothetical but its true) and it is mainly for the +ability buffage, altho it looks very nice.

Well what do ya think?

FLAME on!!!

Increased droprates would be one pretty simple fix, make all zods and beast drop all of their loot always, with additional chance of dropping a second copy of the item.

Population at pande has gone up fast, but the amount of loot available has stayed the same...

But bump for whatever could help ease the situation..
    Rimor:
    --Janat L220/19. Neutral Doctor, General of Underworld
    ----Lafi TL5 Opishade | Cirno TL5 NT
    --Taiyo L220/28. Omni Doctor, Core

we were 130 at the last beast raid i did (clan)... Half of the raidforce had to stay in garden to prevent uber laggage
    Something needs to be done to get with the growing population in pande. either instanciate, or raise droprates/spawntimers, or i dunno... make the BOC a quest item ?

Maybe the Quest-Item could just give the ability-Bonus and nothing else, since everybody and their brother "needs" or atleast wants a Burden just to trow in some uber symbs and then the Burden is rotting in the Bank.
    SO i think it would be nice for the guys that only need some ability buffing stuff to do a quest or something like that, while those who like the style+ac+hp etc of the Burden and actually want to wear it can raid it.
    RK 3 <- sorry for my english
    Prince " Johnwayne" Kirklin 220/30 Opifex ranged Adventurer
    Zixmeister "Johnywayne" 220/30 Trox Melee Adventurer

Account Status *open* <-transfer inc.

There's also no reason for 18 hour spawn timers.. 5 should be plenty
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

some things should still be rare and this is one of those.
    there are plenty of good buffingstuff with the new quests and so so ill say no thanx.
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkinmeta View Post
    Why not make Burden of Competence a quest item?

The quest could be long and hard and dangerous and take about 2 months~ to fininsh~ would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by louisecyphre View Post
    i dunno... make the BOC a quest item ?
    Did you totally miss his post Louise?

Bump for great idea.. I will get a BOC.. when AOC launches is the day I get my BOC

Quote Originally Posted by Lillagumman View Post
    some things should still be rare and this is one of those.
    there are plenty of good buffingstuff with the new quests and so so ill say no thanx.
    I take it you have yours already?

Bump for the idea of doing something about endgame items. Either reduce spawn timers or increase drop rate please.

It actually makes me less likely to roll high level alts because I know I have spend over a year to get enough raid bot points to get one item on one alt. It is getting harder (at least on RK1) to get into end game raids because of the new wave of 220's and having to put an upper limit on the number of people at the raid to make lag bearable.
    Last edited by Insideman; Jan 8th, 2007 at 18:24:37. Reason: grammer

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    I take it you have yours already?
    yes I do.
    And i spent an amazing amount of time raiding before i got mine.
    To have somebody just do some little quest for it just annoys me.
    Farm like all the rest of us had to do or dont have it.
    This item shouldnt be too easy to get. Not everybody should have one.
    Last edited by Lillagumman; Jan 8th, 2007 at 18:32:46. Reason: wording
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

yes I do.
    awww.... let me look for a tissue... want to cuddle?. Here put your head on my lap while I play with your hair...

yes I do.
    you also didn't have the shear number of people contending for that same 1 item as we do now.. Different times, different measures. Once apon a time I would completely agree with you.. there are other ways of solving this with instancing etc. And I said nothing in favor or against the idea. I just questioned the motivation behind your post. And I was correct in my assumption. Thats all.

As an owner of a Burden along with plenty of alts w/-out- a Burden ... I'll throw my weight behind a new back item, questable, that gives +25 to all abilities. Not +30 ... not anything -else-, just abiliities, and level locked to 220.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Then we all get our BoC, realise there is nothing more to do in this game, and move to another Gogo FC.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Then we all get our BoC, realise there is nothing more to do in this game, and move to another Gogo FC.
    When there is nothing left to do in the game its usually a good time to release an expansion. Not including LE..

I have nothing to do.. so im perk resetting. that is all what is left for me to do is perk reset. End game symbiants and wait another year for BOC with more and more people in the game. I have all the items I need.. You can only AI raid every 2 hours.. missions, well you can do so many missions over and over for the next year looking at doors that look like a cervix and a boss with a blown out spincter.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    As an owner of a Burden along with plenty of alts w/-out- a Burden ... I'll throw my weight behind a new back item, questable, that gives +25 to all abilities. Not +30 ... not anything -else-, just abiliities, and level locked to 220.
    this I can agree with but not Burden.
    some things are supposed to be rare.
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

Truely this all goes back to needing new content

Rare (in my eyes) is a reward coming from an extremely difficult raid/mish/ etc...now that beast is always doable it no longer makes this item rare just a grind to get it

See what i am saying?

this I can agree with but not Burden.
    some things are supposed to be rare.
    So, how about if they made an item with the exact stats as a Burden, but instead called it a Cheese Sandwich? Would you be totally cool with it, then?
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

Bump with cheese sandwich, make it easier to get (maybe like get quest item from all zods, and from one of every type of inf mobs, none from named, but put in some quest mobs with a couple hour respawn that drop several tokens. This will take A LOT of time, not be over camped, and still be far far quicker), only buff 30 abilities, and be invisable. And have a stupid name.

And only last a couple days before decaying. (this will prevent people using it as a back item instead of burden, but allow twinkers an alternative)
    You can't spell slaughter without laughter.

Rookie Gank "Wilsonat" Me 220/22/36 adv GODMODE AND NAKED.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast