Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full Perk Reset Machine

Talking Full Perk Reset Machine

Just an idea..kind of like the machine in the org shop that can change your looks. Except this one does a FULL perk Reset. Make it cost 100mil or 150m or something like that. Personally i would rather not wait 2 months to reset all of my MAs 61 perks. Then wait ANOTHER 2 months to see if this was is going to be a good setup. I feel the perk resets are driving people away from the game. People get there characters to 220 and then settle with what they have and never unlock the full potential of there characters. Especially with the competiveness of the PvP in LE.

I think a machine like this is more than viable. It would make the game more interesting by alowing people to.. at will.. try new perk setups.

Please bump this message till your fingers bleed :P

(maybe even a machine that does 10 perk resets for XX amout that can be used once a day.. at least then it would only take 6 days to fully reset. But leave in the old 24 hour choise for those who dont want to pay)

(^_^)
    Last edited by Booxie; Jan 8th, 2007 at 09:13:43. Reason: omg its 2:30am and i cant spell......i fixed a few
    Go Athen Paladins!

220/25 MA - Booxie
    220/21 Engi - Bombchell
    216/17 Shade Irreh
    165/12 Fixer - Sparcz
    120/8 NT - Centre

Ex-member of Angels of the Night! <3

BUMP

/me wants to discuse cost though - and an idea addon

maybe make it a variable, like, pay xx per perk reset so like:

10m base (for 2 i would expect as theres no use for doing 1 this way) +5m per perk (so 15m for 3, 20m for 4 etc) this way those with lots of money could do alot of resets and those with small ammounts of money could still do more then 1

maybe make this machine require AI tech 3 and place it in the tower shop (id suggest player city hq but not everyone has an org with a city) (i say ai tech 3 as it could be some alien machine that works with the abilities of people and can reset them w/e sorta idea) this does limit it to lvl 150+ but imo who under that has to perk reset for days and days and days to make such a system worth it?
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Talking

i like those ideas! :P

Keep it coming (^_^)
    Go Athen Paladins!

220/25 MA - Booxie
    220/21 Engi - Bombchell
    216/17 Shade Irreh
    165/12 Fixer - Sparcz
    120/8 NT - Centre

Sorry to burst your bubble, that's not gonna happen. I could count at least 3-4 suggestion on faster reperks, which made much more sense then "reperk machine" and all of them were simply ignored by FC. It's kinda obvious they are trying to say, reperking ain't gonna change.

sad panda :(

well, if we keep giving them ideas maybe someday they will come acrost one that they like.

I truely believe that THIS ALONE is driving people away from the game. AND IF funcom wants to keep this game afloat (obvious by the release of LE, they do) something needs to be done.
    Last edited by Booxie; Jan 8th, 2007 at 10:12:19.
    Go Athen Paladins!

220/25 MA - Booxie
    220/21 Engi - Bombchell
    216/17 Shade Irreh
    165/12 Fixer - Sparcz
    120/8 NT - Centre

I think FC's calculations are rather than more time sink = more time played (and paid), and when your highbie toon is in deep perk reset you roll alts so get more involved in the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Ll4m4 View Post
    I think FC's calculations are rather than more time sink = more time played (and paid), and when your highbie toon is in deep perk reset you roll alts so get more involved in the game...
    I have more fun slandering AO playing other games saying I cant play the game because of the time restrictions.

The problem with full perk resets is it lets you hotswap MASSIVE amount of perks for PvP.

And 100M is a pretty cheap price for some people.

I'm facing a 45 day or longer wait to get unreset, and that is after I get some last symbs aquired, so I would -love- it. Until I started seeing various profs switching PvP / PvM configs every day.

What I would like to see instead is something like LE research that you could apply to IPRs. The amount of XP/SK needed to earn an IPR would scale with your level (making it take as long as a L9 LE line does for a 220, a L5 for a L100, etc). It would give people the ability to grind for IPRs, w/out making them so insanely fast that people can afford to do it for switching from PvM to PvP configurations (and yes, I suggested a version of this awhile back).

If they -do- make full IPRs purchasable with credits, which is actually pretty beneficial to the economy, I won't have a problem with it. But it needs to cost at least 500M (seriously, 1 piece of combined armor) and the effect should take a day or more to happen, so that you can't do it on demand. The effect of draining credits out of the economy would be worth it. I'm tempted to say it should cost 1B ... but that would be past my personal threshold of paying, which means it would be past what many others would pay, which means it would have less of a drain effect.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Bump

Instead of it costing money I would much rather see there be a ticker that would only let you do it once per month. People wouldnt be able to do it on demand, could only do it once in a while. It wouldn't be a one time thing. And you would have to sacrifice all of your hard earned credits to do it. Unlike some professions, some people can't exactly solo the mobs worth camping to make a decent amount of money. And even if they can, there are only so many mobs to go around. So what you end up with is a few rich people, and the rest are not near as rich. The rich ones are the ones who enjoy camping or don't mind it. That is not that majority of the population.

"And 100M is a pretty cheap price for some people." For some people yes, for most people that is very expensive. And for those few rich folks, 100 mill would quickly drain their resources if they planned on hotswapping, no matter how rich they were. I would just rather credits not play a role in such a system. I only have 200 mill, and I consider myself "rich" and I know alot of people would think they were rich if they had 200 mill sitting in their pocket. I know of three people who have billions, I know of 80+ easy who do not.

Bump for this idea. And Bump for it just being a second perk reset.

I would say it should go something like this.

Full Perk Reset once every 30 days.
    20 perk reset once every 15 days.

Yea, one day you might run into someone who was not nano resist yesterday, but suddenly in your duel, he is. But for the next 15 days he is stuck like that. It would certianly bring more dinamic gameplay to pvp with the amount of changes involved.

BUMP FUNCOM... Please 8)
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

nahh...make it cost 100 mill a shot. I thinks its a grand idea. why? Another way for FC to pull cash out of the game (need more...the stupid clinic in the HQ is like...never used.)
    Metalynx: 216..... 4 more levels and the server will shut down!

Metalynx: "I seriously hope all the stupid people in the world don't congrigate in one spot, for all the weight of this massive amount of raw idiodicy, might collapse upon itself, creating a Singularity of Ignorant Stupidity, unmatched in strength by any black hole in the universe"

Quote Originally Posted by Metalynx View Post
    nahh...make it cost 100 mill a shot. I thinks its a grand idea. why? Another way for FC to pull cash out of the game (need more...the stupid clinic in the HQ is like...never used.)
    Perk resetin is available to everyone with current mechanics. Unfortunatly, with the amount of time it takes, it slows game down. And with new credits streaming into player's hands every day via normal gameplay (loot item and sell it to shop, mission rewards), game does indeed need aditional moneysinks. Ones that are actually used.

Bump for reasonable idea, moneysink vs timesink.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalynx View Post
    Who said FC care about economy inflation at all? I'm 99% sure they don't give a flying $%^&

Talking

Maybe Make it cost 50m thr first time, 100m the second, 250m the third, and cap it at 500m. I agree with Dr. Hyde that 100m is chump change to some but i also remember when 50million was to die for. As for the money sink. I seen nothing wrong with taking some more money out of the economy. Taking more money would alow the Poorer people to use there money more to better themselfs. (at least i think it would) And well the rich people would.. i dunno... do what rich people do. I think the income/outflow of money in the economy would adapt to the change.

I also like the idea of it taking AI 3 to use. Maybe make it so all but the 3 AI perks are reset. This might prevent people from PvM to PvP everyother day and also might decrease the "outflow" of money a little bit.

The once a month idea is good too.. This also might reduce the outflow of money and make it more sacred of an event to Full perk reset. Waiting 1 month is alot better than waiting for 4....

Love the bumps! Keep it going
    Last edited by Booxie; Jan 10th, 2007 at 10:35:57. Reason: grammar/spelling >_< omg
    Go Athen Paladins!

220/25 MA - Booxie
    220/21 Engi - Bombchell
    216/17 Shade Irreh
    165/12 Fixer - Sparcz
    120/8 NT - Centre

Hmm... I'm kinda unsure about this.

I'd LOVE a full perk reset, but at the same time, I can see this as a double edged sword.

With a 40m starting cost or so, maybe I shouldn't be that worried. Sounds good.

Bump.
    ...with a cane to the sky like none shall pass.

Did everyone start playing WoW, and then come back to AO recently? :P I swear, half the ideas I am seeing now are ideas that are basically just like in WoW. Resetting perks for a cost, just like changing your spec in WoW for a cost, it's done far too easily there, and considering that perk resets were originally once every 3 days, and is now every 1 day, that's three times faster than FC originally wanted you to change your perks around, that alone is fair...

But, I would like to see us a 1time full perk reset that we get to use in the future, just like this full IPR? This way people could totally perk themselves in to symbiant/twink setups and then spend their time re-perking out, or perk in to the setup, and then instantly perk back to what they were before.. But being able to just do it whenever you feel like it for the cost of just cred farming, makes it bleh, it benefits THE RICH, easily, because 1. You have all the resources to twink on the big stuff. 2. You can just reperk out of it easy by doing this... I'd say 1 time full perk reset, that'd be nice, but not a machine that you can use forever.
    Nano Fetishist.

Anim - NanoAgent - Highest on rk1, and maybe highest active across all 3 servers.
    Leaudoma - Nanomage NT
    Ashzhanra - Nanomage MP
    Marjah - NanoEnf
    (Also various other non-nanomage gimps)

Mocker for Life.

i fully support this idea

and yes everyone played wow :O, i thought of the same idea when i respec'd in wow. just never got around to actually suggesting it.

anyway i think it should be a fixxed cost, 50m maybe 100m tops. most people won't use this skill till 220 and then they will use it once to reset for syms, then agian to go back to their prefered spec.

also an ingame cooldown of say a week(168 hours) or something to that effect would be acceptable
    Zanzazero 210 - Trox keeper

Torretto tl4 - Opi soldier - current lvl project

Manslayer0 162 - Trox Enf (buff bitch)

Didn't played wow, but it's still good idea.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

It should not be expensive but it should have a decent timed cool down. Even with a week cool down on it, it would still be shorter than waiting 1.5 months in 1.5 months out..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast