Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nerf 24hr perk resets

Nerf 24hr perk resets

ok can we please get rid of 24hr perk resets? 24hrs? why... why does it have to be 24hrs.. Change it to every 6 hours.. 4 perks a day. What would be the problem with that? I see nothing negative about it. Maybe even every 12 hours..

its all part of FC's secret plan to make everybody quit so they have more time for their newer games...
    make the perk resets so long and vital, that people just quit and go play other games
    Uh, yeah
    - Twotwenty 220/23 shade
    - Zonality 150/19 MA
    - Height <incoming project>

Thats what I do now.. BF2 anyone?

Does anyone else play BF2?

Me! going for master sergent silver ;p
    look for eyss/eyss2

oh wait, come play BF2142 with me ;p
    Uh, yeah
    - Twotwenty 220/23 shade
    - Zonality 150/19 MA

There just might be a chanse that people resetting perks for 3 months just to get 20 ql higher symbs in wasnt really FC's intention- its the people that desided to do that and now want it easy way.
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

Just be happy that it was reduced from the original 72 hours.
    Tools: AOCrafter | AOcrayon | GUISelect | WebCrafter

- Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

Quote Originally Posted by seventshadow View Post
    There just might be a chanse that people resetting perks for 3 months just to get 20 ql higher symbs in wasnt really FC's intention- its the people that desided to do that and now want it easy way.
    So how else do you get in ql300 symbiants with out perk resetting? its impossible not too. I dont see how it wasnt FC's intention to give you all those abilities perks? sorry it doesnt make any sense what you have said. I understand what you said and what you mean though. That is why the perks are there, symbiants, items, armor, nano's..

Quote Originally Posted by skorah View Post
    So how else do you get in ql300 symbiants with out perk resetting? its impossible not too. I dont see how it wasnt FC's intention to give you all those abilities perks? sorry it doesnt make any sense what you have said. I understand what you said and what you mean though. That is why the perks are there, symbiants, items, armor, nano's..
    Pretty sure i remember Sillarion saying that people were intented to use ql 250-260 top symbs- anything above just exists for those bored enought to try and get them in (in different words but with same meaning).

As for ability perks idea with them was to keep them on permanent base- not to train them just for symbs- sinse they give permament advantages (like having higher symbs in- just without untraining perks for months, having higher ql equip on, trickledown, ets,+specials that come from lines). Its just people that got strange idea of training every ability perk ingame- just to get a little higher ql symbs in- then complaining to FC why it takes months, when it wasnt FC's intention to use ability perks in this way in first place.
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

Pretty sure i remember Sillarion saying that people were intented to use ql 250-260 top symbs- anything above just exists for those bored enought to try and get them in (in different words but with same meaning).

As for ability perks idea with them was to keep them on permanent base- not to train them just for symbs- sinse they give permament advantages (like having higher symbs in- just without untraining perks for months, having higher ql equip on, trickledown, ets,+specials that come from lines). Its just people that got strange idea of training every ability perk ingame- just to get a little higher ql symbs in- then complaining to FC why it takes months, when it wasnt FC's intention to use ability perks in this way in first place.
    I hear ya. Not everyone knows that.. I have only been playing the game for 2 years and recently the though of getting in ql300 symbiants came to mind.. it can be done... not all of them but most of them becuase all of the infantry symbiants conflict with everthing. I am getting most of mine in since LE allows you too make it easier. I always thought it was part of the end game to get them in. Why have them? weather it be symbiants - it could be other things.. The way AO is now ; everything that Mr sirloin steak said doesnt apply anymore. You cant afford not to have the most out of this game or thers not point in playing. the game has changed since then as they must make the changes to its current state.

Quote Originally Posted by Mawerick View Post
    QFT.
    Man, it totally {s-word}-ed back then...
    However, another reduction to just 6 hours wouldn't be so bad; Not many people I know play for more then 2 hours...

Lightbulb My idea of how to fix this.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=478053

I posted before looked to see if a thread had been started. Its not quite the same but i think it addresses the issue very nicely (^_^)
    Go Athen Paladins!

220/25 MA - Booxie
    220/21 Engi - Bombchell
    216/17 Shade Irreh
    165/12 Fixer - Sparcz
    120/8 NT - Centre

Ex-member of Angels of the Night! <3

Well that makes no sense. If they were intended to be a challenge, well they are not, I can't see how simply waiting 3 month can be a challenge. If they were intended to just be out there w/o someone actually using them... makes even less sense.

If the idea was to keep em on the permanent basis they should be much more attractive then they are now. I mean 99% of the professinal/group perks are way more attractive, how can you expect someone to keep the DNA perks on?

Not that Im argueing with you, Im just saying that FC statements aren't backed up by their intensions and actions, niether on high ql symbs, nor on abils perks.

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    If they were intended to just be out there w/o someone actually using them... makes even less sense.
    Pre SL armor part- guess how many people could use it back then.

Btw if it helps when we just started raiding pand people didnt even bothered looting TNH- couse even ql 250 symbs were considered something impossible to get in. So there is a pretty good chanse FC just put 300 symbs into database so they will be there, and maybe will become equippable in 2-3 expantions (without considering the option of people training every ability perk and getting every ability buffing item ingame- assuming nobody will be bored enought to reset perks for months- which turned out to be wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    If the idea was to keep em on the permanent basis they should be much more attractive then they are now. I mean 99% of the professinal/group perks are way more attractive, how can you expect someone to keep the DNA perks on?
    As for DNA perks- people actually used them for HoT/trickledown long ago (and some still do). As for genome ability perks- its not like people using trox main or soli beta for abilities alone- though cant really say i mind extra 35 int/psy/sense on nt.

Or think about this way. Plenty of people wearing Barden on permabase- which adds nothing exept hp/nano (not the most importent mods) and some abilities- less then Dna- and saying its becouse of the mods. DNA adds more and also some specials.

Quote Originally Posted by Mawerick View Post
    Words of wisdom.
    ಠ_ಠ

im sure im not the only one who would like an official response to this

What other purpose other then an intentional timesink is it? Why not have a "training hall" that someone suggested where you can reperk all you want but no where else? FFS you have a machine in large city HQs where you can change your face for 100m. LOL Please respond, unless that's where your priorities truly lie.

coulda sworn it was 50 mil :P

Why would we pay for this?
    Casual gamers would suffer from paying 100 mill !
    Just turn the 24h system into a 6h one!

And yes, we badly need a perk reset system!
    Waiting for more than 2 months is just stupid!

I think it has a timer so people in pvp don't reset perk and spend on the go....
    but why lower it to 6 hours? it may as well be 1 hour, because there is no difference apart from the fact we could do twinking faster and less people will leave the game...

I've heard the "I'm quitting because I don't wanna spend the next half of year reperking"
    Uh, yeah
    - Twotwenty 220/23 shade
    - Zonality 150/19 MA

Unhappy ./rant

I hate to say it, cause I have played the game for a very long time now. Not sure of the exact amount of time...but I am a few months into my 55 vet points. I am taking a break from AO atm.

Bottom line is that MOST people are casual gamers. And alot of them get to 220 and then there is not much left to do (Save for very hardcore grinds). Introducing new grinds is fine (to a very limited extent) considering people have already spent vast amounts of time in game to acomplish what they have. This IS a game and IS supposed to be fun. It is until later. Funcom should realise that the players that make it all the way to 220 at pretty much the ones that would be willing to get a second account going assuming they are still enjoying the game. These players are the same ones that help new players understand, enjoy, and keep playing the game. (An easy way to keep these folks interested is to allow them to try out EVERYTHING in game. Sadly that means unlimited perk resets, ip resets, QUICK resets (not instant but not months either)

2 weeks at most would be my opinion. For the whole perk reset. Why? Because that is their MAIN character, the one they play the most, enjoy the most, have spent the most time on. The one they make money with to build up alts. It is also the one they use to help their friends, or pvp with. Gimping your toon for months is uncalled for. Especially considering the vast amount of time and items you need to aquire BEFORE you start this..(buying symbiants, camping pb's, grinding points for burden, ect). Especially cause trying to farm money while being completly gimped and without perks...is kind of hopeless for alot of professions. An enforcer without coon, or hots, damage perks, or stuns is gonna have a hard time doing anything worthwhile. (Yea, he can kill a few greeny dynas but thats about it) (Inferno here)

Saying at least it isnt 72 hours is like someone saying "Well, at least you got shot in the chest instead of the head."

I will say, that the perk timer should be longer for lower lvls, then higher levels. If nothing else look at it as a reward. Yea, a VERY few people have spent the INSANE amounts of time it took to equip everything already. But that does not mean that the other 99% of people should basically not have the option to equip the very best items. With the current system, you reward the 1% of insane folks who managed to grind out the most hellish of grinds. Instead of rewarding the 99% of your paying player base. Which makes no sense at all.

You CAN say we have that option, but most of the world can't log in every day at the same time for months. If we fail to do that, the extra time inbetween adds up quickly. Between the forgetting, and the actual unable to log in times it is more then months.

Basically I see perk resets as this.

Start the perk reset. Get far into them. Get bored. Stop playing that toon. Start playing an alt. Enjoy the alt for a short bit. Strip your main to pay for the alt. Get bored with alt after realizing you will have to do the whole thing over again. Start a new game to help with the downtimes in this one. While playing the new game the downtimes in this game get even longer....

Focus on the new game. Forget the old game. 8/

But yea, I dunno how to say it simply. This would easily be one of the SMARTEST things Funcom could do for its mature player base. Not only would it revive some of the old, helpful and knowledgeable players but it would help keep some people from needing reviving 8/
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Well so with this new wave of 1434526264 lvl 220 ppl in last 3 months the perk reset became a real problem. I can't believe ppl are so not pleased with it. I mean they made it possible to ding 220 half time than before and u want even more...
    Nobody is perfect, I'm Nobody

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast