Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second Hotbar

Second Hotbar

After SL release i was thinking "hmm, maybe they will add a second hotbar" but nothing. So LE released, no 2nd Hotbar. I want it NOW ! Please Funcom add it. This would be so great. My screen is full of windows, i have to click into 3-4 windows right now. (Hotbar,Inventory,Actionslot and Nanoslot) if i get a second hotbar, i can close one or two windows and some pvp actions would easier.

I completely agree, 10 actions per bar doesn't cut it for PVP with all of the perks and things that you have to put on it. on my MA i have to use 1 hotbar for evades + heals, one hotbar for stuns + heals, 1 hotbar for dmg perks + heals so i can hit my heals without switching hotbars around in the middle of PVP becuase hitting the wrong one = you dead. I think if you could drag one hotbar number, aka 1-10 and put it somewhere like the team and mission windows ect... it would work great for alot of people

Maybe just a resize on the hotbar that could make it two rows instead of one (SWG) and the second row could have keyboard shortcuts shift+number.

or maby LUA basec interface, link in wow.
    :::::: Doomengineer (LVL 204 Solitus Omni Engineer) ::::::
    :::::: TheStone (LVL 160 Solitus Omni Soldier) ::::::
    :::::: Doomfixer (LVL 110 Opifex Omni Fixer) ::::::
    ----------------------------------
    ------------- BOTS ---------------
    :::::: Auction (RK1) (/tell auction help) ::::::
    :::::: LFTbot (RK1/RK2) (Bot dead ) ::::::
    :::::: TransTell (Uni) (Bot dead ) ::::::

Hotbars

Yes, please. Having more than one hotbar is the 2nd main thing I wish for in AO. *nods*
    Two should be enough.

I like the resize idea just as much!
    Sincerely,
    ~Zebular the Terraseer

Quote Originally Posted by Myrjala View Post
    Yes, please. Having more than one hotbar is the 2nd main thing I wish for in AO. *nods*
    Two should be enough.

I like the resize idea just as much!
    2 is far from enough.
    We need to be able to have the option to get 10 hotbars on screen like we can in EQ II and WOW and spread them around like we please.
    I like AO but i hate that funcom is soooo slow when it comes to listening to their customerbase.
    Should be a walk in the park to program the option to get more visible hotbars on screen.

What ao need most. is not another expantion. but new gfx and an better interface.
    The gfx are we going to wait a LONG time for but the interface would not be that hard again to update and while they are at it. they should make it script able like in wow. this will add so much more to the game

I do offer a bump for another hotbar, however I come back with an alternate solution as is customary.

Just make it so the Controls window blocks are resize able, and I don't mean the way it is now, i.e., that you can make it 1 block high and 15 long, but that you can change the size of each of the blocks or at least make them smaller.

Right now in my 1240x1080 screen each block of the control window is about 3/4-1 inch square and I run it in a line right above two chat windows at the bottom of the screen, with the hot bar above that.

Making the blocks in the control window the size of the hot bar spots would allow for some, I dunno, 50 spots for perks and actions all in one long row, or any shape for that matter.

If Nano's were able to be added to the control window, I wouldn't have a hotbar at all most likely, but then, this entire post would be a mute point.

Brox

Quote Originally Posted by Doomengineer View Post
    What ao need most. is not another expantion. but new gfx and an better interface.
    The gfx are we going to wait a LONG time for but the interface would not be that hard again to update and while they are at it. they should make it script able like in wow. this will add so much more to the game
    Yes to a new and improved UI in AO with more hotbars etc but a HUGE NO to a system like in WoW with open "uisource"where playerprogrammed addons pratically plays the game for them.
    With all the available addons WoW allows it's easy mode.

Most guilds would not be able to take down the highend encounters if they didn't have all the addons available.
    WoW would be so much more challeging with out the addons easy mode,so no thanks for the possibility to create addons in AO.
    It totally ruins the gameplay in WoW IMO.

BIG bump for possiblity to resize the Hotbar into more rows.
    EDIT: PLEASE don't just make it 2 row, but give the possibility of as many rows as needed/wanted... I would most likely prefer to have 3 open at any given time.

Keep short-cuts assigned to either top or bottom visible row...
    Last edited by Mekh; Dec 22nd, 2006 at 13:05:45.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

expandable hotbar.

possible to stretch it or extend its rows.

THAT is a NICE short term fix.... Bumpity for the Stretchy Hotbar!

Quote Originally Posted by Fjummer View Post
    Yes to a new and improved UI in AO with more hotbars etc but a HUGE NO to a system like in WoW with open "uisource"where playerprogrammed addons pratically plays the game for them.

Most guilds would not be able to take down the highend encounters if they didn't have all the addons available.
    WoW would be so much more challeging with out the addons easy mode,so no thanks for the possibility to create addons in AO.
    What i would like in ao, it the "titan panel" from wow. but basicly more freedom with our gui. and an lua based interface would give us all the freedom in the world. and i see your point in that it might make the game more gimpy. but the can there be put some restrictions on the interface. like "can not use item by itself" "can not cast nano by itesf" etc.
    Thoug would i welcome a script there can keep trimmers active on my pet, they are just a pain in the ass.

i wish AO had a scriptable UI like wow does. I kept playing wow for a good 6 months simply to mess with the UI and see what i could make
    teh fool :: Raynefists :: playing since beta 3 (sort of)

Bump
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

How would you like your interface to look thread -> http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho....php?p=4491399

Quote Originally Posted by Fjummer View Post

First of all, keep up with current events. Most of the addons you are probably talking about have been disabled by blizzard, specifically decursive and heal monitor type addons. If you're talking about mods that would reduce all a DPS character's actions to one button, then they've also been removed, and most of them only played the game about as well as a retarded monkey would.

Secondly if by more challenging you mean 'more annoying and time consuming' then yes, you are right. Having to play whack-a-mole decursing people is not anymore challenging than a game of tic tac toe and requires no more 'skill' than something you could teach a 4 year old in 5 minutes (literally, my guild mate had his 4 year old son decurse on chromaggus). How do i know? because i never used decursive, and the fights were all still boring and easy after the 1st kill. WoW is easy mode because a) you can respawn your entire raid and retry a boss in 5 minutes and b) because 95% of the fights are predictably scripted. Once you know where to stand, how long to stand there, and what to shoot, its over. Most of the addons don't do anything you couldn't do manually with a piece of paper, a pen, and a stop watch(which people have done in AO).

what makes wow a bad game imho isn't the UI mods, faction imbalances or the other 900 things bad players blame for not doing well, it's just the insane time requirement to get absolutely anything done combined with the absolutely simplistic nature of the game design. This is why i love AO. i can log on for 30 minutes and get closer to some goal, or i can log on for 10 hours and get even closer. It's really up to me, i don't have to play to any schedule.
    teh fool :: Raynefists :: playing since beta 3 (sort of)

more hotbar lovin is what i would like to see
    Clan Agent Mrbbad &
    Omni-Tek Bureaucrat Rockstar! Mrbb &
    Clan Rockin' Doc Drgaius &
    Clan Engineer Rockstarr

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Account Created: June 27, 2001.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

why not just use the control panel? you can move stuff around on it and what cant be dropped onto it you can stick in the quickbar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast