Thread: ::::Official Thread Concerning Upgrades/Fixes to Endgame Content::::

::::Official Thread Concerning Upgrades/Fixes to Endgame Content::::

Alright. after some interesting discussion amongst myself :P, i decided to post this, with the hopes that it will become a massive bump thread. And w/o any further ado:

Dear FC,

Please fix/upgrade/add more endgame content. Having recently hit 220 (do not take this into the inf mish issue) I have found that there are two things to do at this level.
    First, APF. Which is run most of the time by a bot and must farm points.
    Second, Pande raids, run by bots and must be farmed for points

With each "endgame" encounter so to speak with a timer of at least 6 hours, and only 1 instance per, and with more and more people coming in and wanting to raid, I beleive you are on the threshold of the biggest achievement you could ever make. By making endgame content more accessible (do not take this thread into zerg bot land) for the larger masses who wish to enjoy it, you will have secured a large portion of the playerbase. Because at 220 here are my options:

Grind creds
    Grind zerg bot points
    Reroll another toon

As soon as that alt gets to 220 here are my options for that toon

Grind creds
    Grind zerg bot points
    Reroll another toon

And so on and so forth until the end of time. The point being that as certain players are manipulating endgame for thier own benefit, you are losing the prime opportunity to seize hold and firmly put all of the game's aspects in your grasp.

Thank you,
    A Very Concerned Player

This thread if the official Endgame content fix/upgrade/add thread. Please add your CONSTRUCTIVE critism, thoughts, etc. Please try not to take this offtopic as it will dilute the message that is trying to be sent to FC. This thread is "official" because we are going to be constructive and positive on how to fix this issue. No flames.
    Last edited by Lord_Pumpkin; Dec 3rd, 2006 at 04:03:56.

Just noticed the other instance pande thread....bump for that and bump this one

Especially with pande, it is catered to one and only one timezone, and that is not the point of this thread, but it plays a huge role into why people are posting so much about this topic.

Example...

I have to get up at 4 A.M. to see beast on clan "week"
    A friend of mine where he lives its at Noon. So he will never see beast cause he has work/school, etc...

BUMP BUMP BUMP

Just curious, but what makes this thread official? As opposed to unofficial, or just a regular old non-official non-unofficial thread?

Keep playing at 220 a while, before concluding that the only 2 things you can do are apf and pande. I've been 220 for quite a while now, and am not bored of it. I haven't been to either apf or pande in at least a year.

That said, I don't do pande because I'm seldom online when anything interesting dies, but I don't really let that hurt my feelings.
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

what else is there to do that can be accessed immediately if you have a group of friends to raid? Excluding mercs, biodome, all time sinks....where is content on demand? Where? What profession are you at 220?

Hmm, what does this do...
    One thing to consider is that, while new stuff is good, there WILL always be an end, where a character has done all there is to do. AO is grind, and LE will bring more grind, and maybe, just maaaaybe, some fun with the new stuff. After 4 months of bugfixing of course.

Quote Originally Posted by sobeguy View Post
    Just curious, but what makes this thread official? As opposed to unofficial, or just a regular old non-official non-unofficial thread?
    It has many ::s on the thread topic, so it must be super official!
    Rimor:
    --Janat L220/19. Neutral Doctor, General of Underworld
    ----Lafi TL5 Opishade | Cirno TL5 NT
    --Taiyo L220/28. Omni Doctor, Core

part of the reason the devs may not listen to us is because the community can't put together a serious thread asking for an improvment w/o joking all over it.

No, they just don't read this forum section. But bump anyway

Oh they do listen. They don't always tell you what they think about what you said, but they listen.

And they aren't dumb enough to think that after you ding 220 there's nothing left to do. Sure, if you did nothing but hecklers until pen, then nothing but missions until 220, you haven't seen enough of the game to realize how much content you've totally missed.
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

Oh they do listen. They don't always tell you what they think about what you said, but they listen.

And they aren't dumb enough to think that after you ding 220 there's nothing left to do. Sure, if you did nothing but hecklers until pen, then nothing but missions until 220, you haven't seen enough of the game to realize how much content you've totally missed.
    Too True, sobe!

They are also not dumb enough to think that because some player called something 'official' that they should pay it more attention than other threads...

i asked that this thread have no offtopics detours or otherwise submersive points to deter from the actual point the threa dis trying to make.

Thats what the "offical" name was trying to convey, but congratulations. And yes there are only 3 things to do at endgame and ill restate for everyones benefit

Grind creds
    grind zergbot points
    and roll a new toon

o and you can go on a raid with a few people you know (mercs, HI...anything else? zods perhaps, maybe even beast if ur so inclined...)
    Last edited by Lord_Pumpkin; Dec 4th, 2006 at 22:46:31.

Come and join me and lets OD in RK1 RK3 on beast. Simple done. Im all for making all raids hell.

Besides, RK1 and RK3 will be coming here to RK2 to do the same thing, nothing but OD with a damage team of Ninja looting.

This transfer system brings a whole new type of game play. CHoo CHOO

seems sort of stupid that FC constantly boasts about being the first to implement instanced content, then they completely leave it out of their end game. Makes no sense. They dont even have to be private instances, just cap the number of players for certain content and then spawn a new GS if needed. Once the boss is dead close the GS until it respawns and lock the players who killed it out for an equal time period. zergs are no fun.

Their excuse with pand seems to be that the zone itself is too large and the servers can't handle it, well maybe if the zone wasn't filled with dozens of mobs people never fight, or if you got rid of half of it since it's totally superfluous in the first place...
    Last edited by TheRealRayne; Dec 4th, 2006 at 23:54:17.
    teh fool :: Raynefists :: playing since beta 3 (sort of)

Off topic post.

No one respects your authority, get a job.
    You can't spell slaughter without laughter.

Rookie Gank "Wilsonat" Me 220/22/36 adv GODMODE AND NAKED.

Quote Originally Posted by randomletter View Post
    Off topic post.

No one respects your authority, get a job.
    Who's authority?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealRayne View Post
    seems sort of stupid that FC constantly boasts about being the first to implement instanced content, then they completely leave it out of their end game. Makes no sense. They dont even have to be private instances, just cap the number of players for certain content and then spawn a new GS if needed. Once the boss is dead close the GS until it respawns and lock the players who killed it out for an equal time period. zergs are no fun.

Their excuse with pand seems to be that the zone itself is too large and the servers can't handle it, well maybe if the zone wasn't filled with dozens of mobs people never fight, or if you got rid of half of it since it's totally superfluous in the first place...
    That is the point of this thread. Thank you. Bump if you agree

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sea...archid=2284310
    Tag along please funcom listen to us
    Im not spaming mearly bumping what the people the paying customers want
    <3 funcom

For those that realy care email feedback@anarchy-online.com
    YES They read your email!

-=Jobe Whompa A Place Called Home!=-
    "What would you do if you knew you could do anything? As an NT you shall not ph33r what is to come but what you can acomplish."

Creator Of The Anarchy-Online Gatherings.
    *2005*[Borealis]*2006*[ICC Platform]*2007*[Baboons] *2008*[LushFields Resort]

I have bumped 3 other topics like this I will bump this one too.