Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 missing yalms?

3 missing yalms?

Stright and to the point...Any chance the 3 missing AI yalms were fixed and made avalible yet?
    Gravitation is a natural phenomenon by which objects with mass attract one another. But, in everyday life gravity can be a great many other things.

≤≈What draws you in?≥≈

Make that 5, 2 from NW still MIA.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

What do you mean by missing? This one is new to me.

There were Yalmaha designs that never made it to the servers. Not counting the Stilleto (which is the sexiest but a total IP sink) these 3 also happened to be the best looking ones.

Obsidian (which if rumor serves would have been a fixer-only upgrade of a normal yalm but that was only a rumor)

Pearl (same as the Obsidian just a diff color)

I don't remember what the 3rd missing Yalm was.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Ah ok. I figured they just ended up like 5 gem aruls.

I would LOVE a blue AI yalm.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    There were Yalmaha designs that never made it to the servers. Not counting the Stilleto (which is the sexiest but a total IP sink) these 3 also happened to be the best looking ones.

Obsidian (which if rumor serves would have been a fixer-only upgrade of a normal yalm but that was only a rumor)

Pearl (same as the Obsidian just a diff color)

I don't remember what the 3rd missing Yalm was.
    Yalmaha - 29610 - Dusk
    Let those who are banned from the forums back on. CZ was not exactly just in his banning!!

The 29480 line of the yalmaha are the ones from NW that never made it into game.
    Tools: AOCrafter | AOcrayon | GUISelect | WebCrafter

- Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

Hmm, I know there are some parts availible in the NW yalm shop that aren't used for the Stiletto, perhaps some of those parts could be used for making the 29480?
    -Ashram 202 ish fixer on rimor- Proud owner of Manta A.V.

WTB more yalms.

ANi.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

so by reading the interview, i understand that if enough people will sign a petition they will start manufacturing the missing yalms?

*signs petition*
    Oltcit - 220/24/69 troxie enf -= Proud General of Deadly Whispers =- RK1
    Roflcopterz - 220/20/60 troxie nubstick wielder

I doubt it, from what I remember about my personal research behind the actual technical/mechanical problem behind the three yalms that were supposed to come out in AI was that there was a model issue. It was backwards, *shrugs* honestly I think its a lie because they could have just duplicated one of the others and changed the texture. So to be honest I have no clue what the real excuse was but I'm sure it was a stupid one.
    Gravitation is a natural phenomenon by which objects with mass attract one another. But, in everyday life gravity can be a great many other things.

≤≈What draws you in?≥≈

the problem, for me, is not the missing yalm
    yes, okay i whanna a coolest yalm

but the real problem is: everyone is using the same yalm (slightly different)
    only few, very few ppl are using stiletto. and this is good 'cause stiletto IS a status symbol

but all other "normal" ppl are using, and will use almost forever, standard yalm.
    i thought maaaaaaany time about "chaning colour of my yalm" just to make it some different. more personal. but i DON'T spend 10 mils to change color in an item i bought for 5 mils -_-

so would be very appreciated they will put different colour yalm at same price (or just some very slight difference... like 5 mils for white/silver yalm, 7 for a red or yellow, 10 for a blue or different-shaped, etc)

5 mils for yalm is best 5 mils u spend in the game
    10 mils for colour, or 104mils (or several bilions) for different models is worst way to spend credits

my two cents

PS: i really hope i'll be able to use LE-preorder-bonus' scout mech to go around without using yalm
    Laerys Thiarsas aka Laerthia,
    Unit Member of Remedy/Serenity
    «There's no place i can be
    since i found Serenity»

(from Firefly main theme)

aka Dottor Divago on Real World
    aka Futuros, the Great Captain
    aka Laerkeep, my shopKeeper
    (\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    Help Bunny dominate Rubi-Ka: copy them in your signature!

i would also like newer yalms...

frankly, the stilleto is too big....the mac truck of rk..

I want a supercharged flashy smaller yalm. I don't like the looks of most of the ai yalms..except the ones not ingame..so a newer shape with different colors would be nice.

10m for a new paint job? fine...

yeah, I'm kinda getting bored of my sunset, a White yalm would be awesome.

A suggestion I was planning to make, now compressed into a nuthsell:

Make a lot of new paint kits, and I mean a lot, like 10-15 at least, single and multi colored ones; not affecting attributes, only the color (make copies of the standard yalm model, add new texture, done, probably at a rate of 1 minute/item). Make a one-time-use paintjob remover. Put a pricetag with a reasonable sum on them (like 1-2m at most for the paints, the less "cool" ones cheaper, the more fancy ones slightly more expensive, and 500k-1m for the remover). Give them some reasonable Mech Eng requirement (3x-4x the QL of the yalm at most; something that doesn't make people to think "no way I'm wasting this much IP on something just for the looks").

And you'll get two things:
    #1: A lot of colorful yalms flying around.
    #2: A small moneysink that actually works, since judging from what I've seen, the currently available paints for 10m plus the skill requirement to apply them doesn't fulfil this purpose at all. But to have a different looking yalm every time I got bored with the current one for 2-3m a time, hell, why not?

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    Yeah, I don't see why some new paint jobs for all the existing yalm models can't be done the texturing process can be a little wonky from what I've heard from the graphics guys but in mass its worth it in my opinion.

Give a big selection and more people will use them and be happy!

≤≈What draws you in?≥≈

I have been waiting for the Dusk and the Obsidion since they were advertised before that expansion was released. It was one of the things i was most looking forward to. That was over a year ago. Could be closer to 2 years, I haven't played in so long. I was hoping that by now perhaps in all this time they would finally be in game, and I'm disappointed to see that they have still not been implemented.

It's one of the things that led to my disillusionment with the game, and has seen my account remaining frozen for the last 14 months.

Promises of wonderful things that were never made good.

The icing on a heap of little things that, on their own may not seem all that important, but when weighed all together, and taking into account the drain on a person's happiness and goodwill, really do add up.

I really hope that someday soon we'll see them in the skies. I'm tired of disappointment.
    Xantranax
    110% More Cool

Hear, Hear!!!!

*signs the petition*...BUggers

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post

Make a lot of new paint kits, and I mean a lot, like 10-15 at least, single and multi colored ones; not affecting attributes, only the color (make copies of the standard yalm model, add new texture, done, probably at a rate of 1 minute/item). <snip>
    I don't know if you've ever put a texture (skin) onto something like that, but it's far from easy, some of the stuff I have done for other games has takens days to produce and far from 1minute/job unless it's flat colour, and even then if they need to colour the windows, add colour as extra shading to the model, it's not that easy.

The main problem you'll have is you're applying a 2d skin to a 3d model, that means it has to be made in multiple parts and it's usually applied in such a way that only looking at it directly gets the original image, as such you have to stretch certain parts of your original image to make it appear how you actually want, add to this you're adding lots of seperate skins onto various parts of the model and trying to stretch them to the right amount and line them up, it's not an easy task nor an exact science, it's a case of trial and error til it looks how you want it.
    Balneator 220/30/70
    Threekaynuek Growing NT
    Balneatrix 200 twink to be

Tanked the first ever killed Artillery Commander for ~5 bubs.
    [Tankosaurus]: GOGO BAL TANK that <expleted for safe meh from moderater>
    You were attacked with nanobots from Artillery Commander for 335000 points of energy damage.
    You died of nano program damage!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast