Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Instancing Pandemonium

Instancing Pandemonium

Now I know that a lot of people would be against this change, but I think it would be a great resolution to the current problems we have in pandemonium. Namely zerging, point inflation and lag.

Theres no need to put any work into trying to limit the number of people in each instance (if people want to zerg with a bot, let them). But this would open up the possibility for smaller raids for people that enjoy the challenge of pande with a smaller raidforce. Or just want items without having to spend a full year planning their life around zodiac/beast spawntimes to get what they want.

There could be something like the access system for sector 42 put in place to prevent abuse, for example an org puts together a raidforce and starts running through 10 different instances.

With this solution, there wouldn't be a need to raise any of the droprates, since imo the droprates are pretty balanced for a raidforce of say 2-3 teams, which is what I think pandemonium was originally designed for.

Please don't flame here.

Discuss.

P.S. I have already done the pandemonium grind.
    Neophyte "Ruberaa" 5/0 - lolequip

Quote Originally Posted by Rubera View Post
    Theres no need to put any work into trying to limit the number of people in each instance (if people want to zerg with a bot, let them).

Discuss.
    Naa actually limit it to single team per instance that will make pand interesting again
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

bump for a good idea

Yah, I like the single team idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

Quote Originally Posted by seventshadow View Post
    Naa actually limit it to single team per instance that will make pand interesting again
    Then how would professions like NTs get their loot?
    220/22/68 trox Enf Equip
    220/10 opi Shade
    207/13 nm Doc
    156/6 nm MP
    156/2 nm NT

Quote Originally Posted by Remm View Post
    Actually as nt i can mezz pinks/root hiisi so team will have to deal only with blue/spiders, so would get stuff pretty fine
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

Yeah, huge bump for this suggestion. Zerging sucks, I'd rather 'work' hard for my loot! =)
    A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed To Whom it May Concern.

an idea would be to make pande like sector 42 so the more zerg you have the more random adds come and pwn you so if you want to zerg with 100 people you are gona get a crapload of mobs spawning on you and pwning you

Quote Originally Posted by thetweek View Post
    an idea would be to make pande like sector 42 so the more zerg you have the more random adds come and pwn you so if you want to zerg with 100 people you are gona get a crapload of mobs spawning on you and pwning you
    Sector42 doesn't that do that, sectors 13 and 28 do though, and it's a good incentive to go with a reasonable group.

Quote Originally Posted by Remm View Post
    NTs would be fine, as I see it engineers would get the shaft since they have the least raid-utility of any class.

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Hmm Pande in groups of 3 to 4 teams sound...

GODLIKE

Bump for this

No need for instancing, just increase the spawn rate already.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugglerrr View Post
    No need for instancing, just increase the spawn rate already.
    Even if they were on a one hour spawn they'd be dominated by zerg bots imo. Either way instancing makes more sense, it's an 'endgame raidzone' not some random dynacamp.

Now some people would argue that increasing the droprates would decrease the amount of people in pande, but even if it was 100% I think that would not be what would happen, I mean just look at apf.

Anyway, bump!
    Last edited by Rubera; Oct 30th, 2006 at 14:52:29.
    Neophyte "Ruberaa" 5/0 - lolequip

i agree with this, having to kill the zodiac at the start to open the portal, as per IS, should mean that ppl who can get thru before the portal closes all get into the same GS, if another team/zerg wants to get in to their own pande, they wait for the zodiac to respawn, a 2 hour "environmental protection" nano with a 7 hour hostile stopping ppl re-entering (like apf42) would prevent ppl from farming, but still allow ppl to raid as much as they do now, public zerg raids will still take place because not everyone has the friends/org mates to go to pande privately.

Bah, I never go to pande on zerg raid if such occasion opens. And I'm engi (nerfest prof)
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Quote Originally Posted by Rubera View Post
    Even if they were on a one hour spawn they'd be dominated by zerg bots imo. Either way instancing makes more sense, it's an 'endgame raidzone' not some random dynacamp.

Now some people would argue that increasing the droprates would decrease the amount of people in pande, but even if it was 100% I think that would not be what would happen, I mean just look at apf.

Anyway, bump!
    Yes, look at APF, which is practically dead compared to what it was a year ago. A good chunk of people that go now are even just going for AXP or to pad their points. So yes, please, for the love of God LOOK AT APF.

No need for instancing. Just do it like the sector 42 clearance thing. Perfect.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I like the idea of each Zodiac-portal leading to a separate instance. It lets you choose your raidforce and isn't a very big departure from current mechanics.
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

Quote Originally Posted by kuznechik View Post
    And I'm engi (nerfest prof)
    wrong, enforcers are the nerfest prof.

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

bump!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyai View Post
    NTs would be fine, as I see it engineers would get the shaft since they have the least raid-utility of any class.
    You're joking right?

Engineers got reflects and blinds. Makes raiding in SL easier by miles...
    It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority. By definition, there are already enough people to do that.

42 like Key access would rock.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast