Thread: Pande Mission Suggestion

Pande Mission Suggestion

Yes I'm suggesting a pande mission terminal... Please read the whole thing before flaming. Everything rolled is a hard mission, and the missions are NOT always complete able due to the high random-ness of them. You can't copy keys, no scaling of difficulty, and the mobs are completely random. They are spawned in random locations, so yes all of the mobs may be in the entrance when you zone in and it would suck. Also they all are unique, i.e. some with 1k damage shields on 2 or 3 damage types, 100000 NR, healing. Put a boss similar to a Zodiac at the end of each level and let it drop Zodiac loot at a lower drop rate. Maybe put in some aggro wiping mobs as well?

I'm just trying to think of something that might be fun to do, with existing game mechanics so it's easy on the devs, and that won't get TOO repetitive with all the randomness in the mission, and still maybe fun for a 220 even though they are not SKing, but give decent SK as people will most likely die and not complete these missions. And put the mission entrance in pande garden, we hate to travel :P

WTH are you talking about? o.O
    I havn't SKed in a while but i don't think things changed THAT much o.O

I'm talking about inf mish and...
    There's static layout of the dungeon
    There's same amount of mobs in each room/corriror ALWAYS
    There's same mobs inside the mish ALWAYS
    There's no mobs in the starting room NEVER!

Asking for an addition, something new, random is nice, when you can pretty much do pen and inf missions 1/2 asleep and watching tv.

SL mishes is something relatively new.
    Before they were implemented it was royal pain in teh arse to SK
    So I guess people are too happy to have them to ask to change something

It's not really a "leveling" place... I'm thinking more about something that is challenging, i.e. you can't overwhelm the place with 50-100 people... one team only. I mean leave Pande the way it is, but it gives another way to to get Pande/Zod loot and it's on demand instead of spawn timer, and different every time, so it doesn't quite get so boring to do 1000x times. I know people say roll an alt, but nothing feels like the first time you entered a new zone, did your first mission and that roller rat jumped out and wtfpwned you. So I was trying to think of a place 220's could find "fun" or challenging more than once. Content randomly generated on demand..... I like the idea of unlocking the door and a notum scourge pop's out instead of a roller rat, or a mob has a rotating damage shield, for no apparent reason. If it's too hard then people can still do points on regular bots. This is not necessary to complete like Biodome (The only way to get the MP pet, and that armor), but you can get the loot another way. I'm thinking along the lines of people putting together teams and doing these missions because they are bored, not because they need to.

Something interesting, where you never know exactly what to expect - and why hasn't an idea like this been implemented yet? It's such an obvious one and yet genius!
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Heh, it was suggested before when someone typo'd "pande" for "pen". I love the idea of pande missions, it'd take a lot of pressure ( and lag ) from the place and give a new challenge; although it shouldn't be so much of a challenge that you can't get zod loot without already having zod loot....

I was hoping it would be challenging to the point that even a full team of twink 220s would not complete it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by styxe
    I was hoping it would be challenging to the point that even a full team of twink 220s would not complete it all the time.
    then nobody's going to do it. absurdly difficult is not the same as challenging, nor is it fun.

people need to stop thinking that by suggesting something incredibily difficult to accomlish, that FC will think it's reasonable to implement.

make it reasonable to do, and it probably has a reasonable chance of being considered.

Quote Originally Posted by styxe
    What would be the reward though? they already have all their pande items, don't get any SK... just having something to do for the sake of it being there will mean it's not done very often.

I really love this idea. Of course, now I'm going to suggest a slight change! ; )

I think part of what you were going for in the idea of having the mob locations in missions change would be that sometimes *gasp* you couldn't get just one or two mobs. One of my favorite things about outdoor hunting is the possibility that you might get a bad pull and 8 mobs overwhelm even the the best party. If instead of having these pande missions be in a dungeon layout with just the mob location varrying, why not reuse the outdoor maps of pande? So, when you accept a mission, you click your key on a portal in the garden, and it warps you to a "mission" which is on a copy of the first zone of pande. Keep the mobs in random places idea, but have the "boss" be fixed at the location of the Subjugator. When you kill him, there's a warp portal back to the garden. The misson could be completable close to 100% of the time, but only if the team works together on basic pulling/mezzing/aggro control issues.

It would just provide a nice bit of variety to the endless underground hallways of the missions.

Let the boss drop galactic gemmis

Exchange:[Trader.LVL: 209 AI: 19] [E] [D]

Proud to be Member of the <<<Shadowmoon Association>>>

Mirana..:[Fixer..LVL: 217 AI: 15] [E] [D] [Inaktive]
    Elissia.:[Crat...LVL: 209 AI: 07] [E] [D] [Inaktive]

inaktiv since 15.9 an will stay inaktiv. Thanks 16.0. Ready for delete (room for lovechild prof)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumifly
    then nobody's going to do it. absurdly difficult is not the same as challenging, nor is it fun.

people need to stop thinking that by suggesting something incredibily difficult to accomlish, that FC will think it's reasonable to implement.

make it reasonable to do, and it probably has a reasonable chance of being considered.
    It's not that I want it absurdly difficult, if "by chance" rand() works in your way, you would have a mission completable by 215s-220s who "know" what they are doing.... but making it so incredibly random that it's never the same nor would it get boring. And I wanted to pull in ALL aspects of different challenges.. Rotating damage shields, nuking mobs, aggro wiping mobs, as opposed to the regular missions where every mob is in the same place and MIGHT debuff you sometimes. It's NOT supposed to the easy way to get Zod loot, yes it might be the faster way instead of grinding points on a bot, but another way for people to get loot who would rather increased challenge rather than a grind. Oh and make it so you can pick your Zod bosses.

bump for consideration of any idea to make pande LD-zergs not required.

Good idea. And maybe make it so after you kill all the zods you get a chance at beasty (minus the adds)
    You can't spell slaughter without laughter.

Rookie Gank "Wilsonat" Me 220/22/36 adv GODMODE AND NAKED.

I actually think that if zods were accessible through the missions and Beast were an entirely separate raid (and therefore there's no need to link the points the way the current clan bot on Rimor does) then we would get a lot fewer people at the Beast raids.

What's ideal in my mind would be to add pande missions with one of the 12 zodiacs as the mission boss, where you use the first outdoor pande map as the mission map and the single boss is at the location of the timid scourge, and when you kill him the portal spawned warps back to the garden. Then leave the normal outdoor zodiacs/tnh/beast the way they are, but reduce the beast spawn time to 6 hours instead of 18, so it's on the same schedule as zods/tnh. That way there is more on-demand (and more challenging) content available in the form of the missions, which increases the availability of the zods loot, and beast being more frequent makes that loot more availble.

The changes to inferno missions in the last few patches have given me great hope that maybe someone is looking at the mission code and understands it a bit now. (The more dynamic layout, locations, and mob types.) The one thing that would need to be added is a way to prevent people blitzing the missions (Yes, it is possible to blitz around Pande until you get to the portals) so just instead of having a boss lift have a TSS type mob who spawns a portal. Then make a mission timer like the Tir CRU guy or the sector 42 mission timer, so that each person can pull one of these missions once a day, or even once a week.

Please, anything to alleviate the massive lag in Pande due to insane demand for Pande loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrien View Post
    The changes to inferno missions in the last few patches have given me great hope that maybe someone is looking at the mission code and understands it a bit now. (The more dynamic layout, locations, and mob types.) The one thing that would need to be added is a way to prevent people blitzing the missions (Yes, it is possible to blitz around Pande until you get to the portals) so just instead of having a boss lift have a TSS type mob who spawns a portal. Then make a mission timer like the Tir CRU guy or the sector 42 mission timer, so that each person can pull one of these missions once a day, or even once a week.

Please, anything to alleviate the massive lag in Pande due to insane demand for Pande loot.
    QFT!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by FILO_Gunfytr View Post
    QL 300 Rocket Launcher.....12K VPs
    1 Rnd Rocket Launcher Ammo........12K credz
    IPs to equip Rocket launcher............1001

Catching an NT with a Rocket Launcher in his hands................PRICELESS
    220/30/70 solitus soldier Satisguard