Character/Name database cleanup

There has been some confusion concerning the planned name/character cleanup scheduled for today (Monday, March 8th 2010). It appears some people who should have received a mail concerning their accounts did not due to technical problems last week. It also seems there was some confusion with respect to which characters would be affected by this action.

Due to all these factors we have postponed the name/character cleanup until next week. The character/name clean-up will run on Monday March 15, 2010.

Details of the Cleanup

To do some tidying up of characters and names in the game databases the following will happen next Monday, March 15th:

1. Characters below level 6 on accounts that have not been logged in or paid/active in the last year (12 months) will be deleted.

2. Characters level 173 and below on accounts that have not been logged in or paid/active in the last two years will receive a default name. (eg: Naamez-1) These characters will be able to select a new name should they return. If their original name is still available they can simply request it back through the "/name" command.

3. Characters level 174 and higher on accounts that have not been logged in or paid/active in the last four years will receive a default name. (eg: Naamez-1) These characters will be able to select a new name should they return. If their original name is still available they can simply request it back through the "/name" command.

FAQs

Q - Do I have to log in ALL my characters on ALL my accounts?

A - No. Logging in a single character on an active account should ensure that all names and characters are preserved.

Q - I received a special offer by email during the period of the name cleanup...but it won't work for me. Why?

A - This offer is only available for accounts that might have a character renamed or removed. It is most likely that this mail was sent to you concerning an old account that you may have forgotten.

Q - If I lose my name is it possible to get it back?

A - Yes. If the name is still available you can use the "/name" command to request the name again.