Thread: An idea for SA/FA/AS.

An idea for SA/FA/AS.

A new skill named "Special" getting locked on SA/FA/AS, with the multiplier to reduce the lockout time. One can invest IPs into it to reduce the lockout time.

Many people will oppose this but hey its just an idea.

Peace
    Last edited by techprince; Jan 10th, 2010 at 12:15:39.

can you talk about the details of this idea please?

I'm not sure that you've explained it well enough for people to comment on this.

New skill to IP called "Specials"

IPing this skill will reduce the lockout on AS/SA/FA

Example: You use FA then SA for a alpha. If you IP "Special" you have to wait less time to use FA again. Meaning instead of the 40s lockout on SA you would only have to wait 20s or w/e it is depending on your skill in "Special".

I'm just wondering how effective he thinks it might be?

Like, if theres a hardcap on specials at like:

FA: 11s
    AS: 11s
    FA: 40s
    Burst 8s
    Fast attack: 6s

or whatever, then, would you use the special IP at early levels in order to bolster your special rating until the point where you hit the caps, and, at that point you do some calcs and do an IPR?

Like, I'd assume thats what he's talking about, so, this skill would be mostly used early on..

Or, is he talking about actually reducing the caps? I don't think caps should get a reduction, but, I can see that it would change things up early in game. like, Id be stoked if I could lower the FA recharge on my sold to around 11-5 seconds

erf, no. It'd be like when skill lock reduced weapon specials. While it was fun having 11s FAs with a spastic on a 210 doc.. just.. no. Specials are fast enough and the lock out is being put in place for a reason. Just deal with it.
    Waiting for a cure.

Exclamation

Wow what he didnt think of is that with shortening the specials with "Specials" ip thing then he wasnt thinking of what would happen to keep them from being spammable. So FC would have not choice but to make the recharge time more longer. So there for making this skill useless.

Or instead of a skill to do this, there would be a set time of 4 secs or so between each of them, so that you would have to wait 4 secs between an FA and an AS, but FA would still have 40s recharge, and AS still have 11s recharge. Then you'd get rid of the alpha problem, but still get to retain hotswapping and dualing weapons with FA and AS, etc.
    Last edited by Doniger; Feb 4th, 2010 at 19:07:54.
    General of First Order

Or make it so that when you equip a new weapon, all specials that aren't already on a cooldown get a 10sec cooldown.
    Squad Commander of Paragon

Kaelde ~ little gimpy engi of doom
    Ecrisi ~ Even squishier than Kae, if that was at all possible

Quote Originally Posted by Doniger View Post
    Or instead of a skill to do this, there would be a set time of 4 secs or so between each of them, so that you would have to wait 4 secs between an FA and an AS, but FA would still have 40s recharge, and AS still have 11s recharge. Then you'd get rid of the alpha problem, but still get to retain hotswapping and dualing weapons with FA and AS, etc.
    I don't know if that's what TechPrince meant, but that'd be a good idea to stop instakills which are the lamest part of the game PvP-wise... That imo, and I played an agent a couple years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by castaras View Post
    Or make it so that when you equip a new weapon, all specials that aren't already on a cooldown get a 10sec cooldown.
    That's basically what Doniger said, but 6 secs longer, right?
    I think stopping insta kills in PvP is a must for AO. Many will disagree, but hey if you're so ubah then you'll find a way to kill anyone in some way.
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!