Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mitaar / Vortexx. Especially Mitaar.

Mitaar / Vortexx. Especially Mitaar.

Ok - I'm lucky. I'm a prof that is useful for 12 man (sorry MPs, NTs, etc). So I get about 2-5 invites per day to do 12 man. Woot for me.

However:

a) Hall of Elders drops SYMBS THAT ARE THE REWARDS [NODROP] FOR GETTING TO DO THE ELDER HALLS. Specifically - Ear / Thigh.

This is worse than retarded. This is insane. It is foolish. It is insulting. It beggars belief. Especially when x3 ear symbs drop. WTF?

So, please edit loot tables to remove these. The analogy is requiring you to get a DB key to enter an instance, and to give a DB key as a reward. Yes, it makes that much sense.

b) Mitaar. Are you on crack? With three people doing it, the spam rate of spirits is insane. With six, the whole room fills up. Oh, and the timing is off - some cases mean you can't hit more than 2/4 spirits. Ok, I can handle an instance where I have to chose which debuffs are running - but not when there are 9 spirits legging it to the debuff areas at once.

Yet the instance can be solo'd much more easily with one (decent) shade and a doc.

Ho-hum. Do I need to point out that this is broken? You want people to do content, not just get 2 people to farm it, right? [wait.. DB2... ok, maybe not]

c) Vortex - fix the *"£$£*"*£"$ bugs already. Specifically, GOLD crystal not giving immunity when used. I've seen this five times now, experienced it myself. Multiple chars getting this bug, all /petitions about it get ignored. It exists, and it is damn annoying - especially since gold is an annoying drop to get.

> Although a 220 uber Keeper without a doc can do it, with some back up. That rocks [hi Dan]

Anyhow. Mitaar / Vortexx are currently bottlenecks - annoying grinds for certain beta symbs. No-one really wants to do them the 50th time, but wep upgrades / certain beta symbs only drop there. Which leads to ZZZZzz.

/rant off.

But really, the endgame content should be more appealing than this. You do all play WoW. -.-
    Last edited by Kaitlain; Jul 4th, 2009 at 02:11:39.

I waited around weeks for teams do vortexx. In end I paid 300m for the quest update. Both of them are a crock of ****.

The spirit spam when several people is due to your increased DD.

Spirit-spawn is triggered by %-hp, so the more you spam specials at the end (where the triggers are closer together), the more spirits will spawned at the same time.

Hence 1-2 people=less spirits at the same time.

Weird .. you guys must be on rk2

I've seen teams left and right going to lox instances lately even after all the zerg idiots left the area..

Usually the time of day... it always seems everyone zergs the place while all the euros are doing dinner.. at least on rk1.. then its dead for 20 hours..

Heck even getting an X team wasn't hard.

And there is a reason those symbs drop.. Some profs might swap to different combinations later.. Like an advy going from melee to ranged cause they are a fruit of the month lamer.
    -------------------

Kaze (RK1):
    Eltaco238 - 220/30/70 Adventurer -- Mptaco238 - 220/27/70 Meta-Physicist
    Engytaco238 - 220/30/70 Engineer -- Crattaco238 - 220/30/70 Bureaucrat

Leet Snuggle Club (RK1): ~Have you hugged a leet today?~
    Leetums - 200/0/0 Fixer -- Fuzzyleet 200/0/0 Agent - Rangytaco238 200/0/0 Trader

Leet Version plox!

Wow AO sure is getting rude xD
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

I bought my last couple xan symsb I needed for under 10m total off of GMS. lulz

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

i think the drop rate for weapon upgrade and deck upgrade are too low
    the super low drop rate means now people want to make teams as small as possible and this leaves out many players.

i still remember collin craig said on a video interview critisizing the grind, well the new booster area is a huge grind, he contradicts himself

i understand if whatever forces in your company meeting says you have to keep droprate low to keep people playing,
    well i want to say that you have gone too far and its too much effort for me to spend 20 dollars then do a 30 hour quest line then grind miitar then grind vortexx weeee finally i can do 12 man, but i need to grind some more
    i feel tricked and manupilated and i see through your team's strategy, im not mad just disappointed. everyone needs to make a living i understand.

i dont mind grinding means, but your development team waaaay overdid it

if you lock elder hall for 4 hours, that means it cant be farmed. if it cant be farmed, please make the drop rates higher.

i feel very sad at the direction of the game, it took me away from the storyline and adventure and turned me toward item hunting and stat calculating all day.

your making players pay 20 dollars and spend weeks to months grinding for a single hud item and a weapon. do you see how ridiculous this has become mister craig
    Last edited by thecheeseman; Jul 4th, 2009 at 06:38:42.
    FEAR ME I AM COMING FOR YOU
    - the anal avenger catcrab
    "i am pregnant with catcrab's babies"
    "catcrab has destroyed me. mentally, physically, spiritually. i don't want to live anymore."
    Means: catcrab is awesome

The upgrades are best farmed in Vort. Ask around before saying Means is so mean.

As for the ear/leg symbs, they are indeed useless, as they are clickable now. Alphas too.

Mit is poorly designed, true.
    WTB WTS

“The year was 2081, and everybody was finally equal. They weren’t only equal before God and the law. They were equal every which way….”

there is a so much simpler solution mister collin craig

vortexx has a average of one weapon upgrade drop per hour of non stop farming

make it 100% drop and lock it for one hour

the customer spends less time grinding but spends same a mount of time subscribing the game

yes, the old hardcore dinosaurs are willing to grind whatever you throw at them, but do you really expect new players to do this when new engine comes out mister craig?

why are you exploiting players who love your game and support your game by throwing long girnds at them and expect them to take it in the pooper?

can you design some contents for players with some semi amount of life?
    Last edited by thecheeseman; Jul 4th, 2009 at 06:48:55.
    FEAR ME I AM COMING FOR YOU
    - the anal avenger catcrab
    "i am pregnant with catcrab's babies"
    "catcrab has destroyed me. mentally, physically, spiritually. i don't want to live anymore."
    Means: catcrab is awesome

It drops pretty often. Will you behave if I log my doc to farm one for you?
    WTB WTS

“The year was 2081, and everybody was finally equal. They weren’t only equal before God and the law. They were equal every which way….”

I havent missed a mitaar platform in months. Not with 2, not with 3, not with 6. Theres plenty of people who can make this claim, clearly you aren't one of them.

As for the Ears and Thighs, they were an 18.0 afterthought because alphas didnt cycle. Alphas cycle now, they can be removed again.

Saw a bug with crystals once. All three teammates getting an immunity message for blue, yet a spirit appeared. Our solution was to farm a whole new set of blue for all three of us, and then redo it. Solved.

noobs, turn dps off for a sec when spirits spawn then turn back on,shrug these instances are not even a challenge at all
    ps: mitaar is pretty fun,especially with lots of dd

Funcom employee Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlain View Post
    Ok - I'm lucky. I'm a prof that is useful for 12 man (sorry MPs, NTs, etc). So I get about 2-5 invites per day to do 12 man. Woot for me.

However:

a) Hall of Elders drops SYMBS THAT ARE THE REWARDS [NODROP] FOR GETTING TO DO THE ELDER HALLS. Specifically - Ear / Thigh.

This is worse than retarded. This is insane. It is foolish. It is insulting. It beggars belief. Especially when x3 ear symbs drop. WTF?

So, please edit loot tables to remove these. The analogy is requiring you to get a DB key to enter an instance, and to give a DB key as a reward. Yes, it makes that much sense.

b) Mitaar. Are you on crack? With three people doing it, the spam rate of spirits is insane. With six, the whole room fills up. Oh, and the timing is off - some cases mean you can't hit more than 2/4 spirits. Ok, I can handle an instance where I have to chose which debuffs are running - but not when there are 9 spirits legging it to the debuff areas at once.

Yet the instance can be solo'd much more easily with one (decent) shade and a doc.

Ho-hum. Do I need to point out that this is broken? You want people to do content, not just get 2 people to farm it, right? [wait.. DB2... ok, maybe not]

c) Vortex - fix the *"£$£*"*£"$ bugs already. Specifically, GOLD crystal not giving immunity when used. I've seen this five times now, experienced it myself. Multiple chars getting this bug, all /petitions about it get ignored. It exists, and it is damn annoying - especially since gold is an annoying drop to get.

> Although a 220 uber Keeper without a doc can do it, with some back up. That rocks [hi Dan]

Anyhow. Mitaar / Vortexx are currently bottlenecks - annoying grinds for certain beta symbs. No-one really wants to do them the 50th time, but wep upgrades / certain beta symbs only drop there. Which leads to ZZZZzz.

/rant off.

But really, the endgame content should be more appealing than this. You do all play WoW. -.-
    A - Fair enough...we changed these symbs so they would cycle. Removing them from the tables would now make sense.

B - Are YOU on crack? It seems to be affecting your ability to use different tactics in different encounters. Moderating your dps is the easiest tactic in the MMO universe....is this too hard for you?

C - The gold crystal works EXACTLY the same as the others...they are all copies of each other. I will check into (and the drop rate) this as stranger things have happened.

We all play WoW? You go too far Kaitlain...this was insulting. You are Hello-Kitty Online's customer of the month...it's true...they told me.

@ Cheeseman - Not all items will be easy to get. Being a casual player does not entitle you to a free-pass for top items. Spelling ALL my names wrong multiple times in the same thread is /fail...I sincerely hope you were doing this on purpose in an attempt at being annoying. I agree that Anarchy Online does need more casual/soloable content. The new 150-200 playfield coming in the next update keeps this in mind and should be soloable for all professions.
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The new 150-200 playfield coming in the next update keeps this in mind and should be soloable for all professions.
    Is this new playfield instanced?
    If it's soloable then I'd hate for it to be like ToTW just without the bosses where loads of people are scrambling to get kills before other people do.

Do you mean "playfield" as in a new zone with mobs suited for level 150-200 players or is it a dungeon suited for that level range? I got an impression of the latter when you mentioned it in Friday with Means earlier.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlain View Post
    Nice statement. Seems like YOU didn´t play WoW. WoW has about as much content as "Mario Brothers" on the NES console.
    All you need is max 2 evenings a week. After that u "cleared" all the raidable endgame content.
    After that its 5 days gold / PvP grind.
    Why do you think people are actually coming back to AO ? ^^

There is alot more content in AO then in quite a few of the other MMO´s out there.
    Imo dont change, keep it up. Sure Mitaar is annoying but still fun.

B - Are YOU on crack? It seems to be affecting your ability to use different tactics in different encounters. Moderating your dps is the easiest tactic in the MMO universe....is this too hard for you?

We all play WoW? You go too far Kaitlain...this was insulting. You are Hello-Kitty Online's customer of the month...it's true...they told me.
    Todays lesson "if you have a go at Means and his staff, he will have a go back", and quite rightly so.

At least it was a coherant rant about things, unlike some other "zomg stuffz dun wurkz" posts.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

i kinda agree with thecheeseman that this latest booster has been the worst grind for me to date since i started playing in jan 2005.im worn and battered after dragging myself through the arid rift quests finally finishing them so i can fail at getting a team for mitaar

that said funcom needs money to keep this game going and make it better.so i understand the need to make revenue.i just wish people had more options to enjoy the hard earned items they got instead of paying to see how they got them.or possibly that is what an mmorpg is and i should create my own game with a hoop and a stick

Its worst teaming experience you will have in ao. I am glad I don't have many high lvl alts to redo this crap on. Of course I could roll a enforcer/doctor/keeper/crat/sold and get instant invites instead of being filler nobody wants left alongside the road like garbage when it comes too getting invites for these two miserable hells. The fact of matter is if your not a loved class or have a good pro org to help you out you are screwed. I've had a beast gun sitting in a bag for 6 weeks. Hopefully I'll get the xan weapon upgrade before Gabriel blows his trumpet and the world comes to an end.
    Last edited by CyberRevolution; Jul 4th, 2009 at 14:32:54.

Moderating your dps is the easiest tactic in the MMO universe....is this too hard for you?
    Granted... But pointless when you can just go with fewer people. Presumably going with more people is supposed to make an encounter easier, so it's hard to see this as anything other than a design flaw...

Quote Originally Posted by Phargus View Post
    Granted... But pointless when you can just go with fewer people. Presumably going with more people is supposed to make an encounter easier, so it's hard to see this as anything other than a design flaw...
    You say "persumably" but you state it like it's a fact.

Also, round of applause to Means
    Sephiroth56 - 220 NT Atlantean - equipment
    Articate - The Brave New World.
    Sephiroth

Four enforcers
    trapped by the sea
    one teased the 'techi
    then they were three

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast