Page 1 of 24 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Will bureaucrats ever get a pistol pvp weapon?

Will bureaucrats ever get a pistol pvp weapon?

Motivation for asking this question: I have no reason at all to finish leveling to ai30 (currently ai20) or to finish leveling to LE 70 (currently lacking the pistol lines) unless pistols become a competitive option in pvp. I would like to have a reason to finish off leveling my main, but as an opifex pvp bureaucrat, I certainly do not have any good reasons--as of right now, my character is basically perfect while still lacking a lot of levels. (This is counter-intuitive as hell in most games, but completely true and without exaggeration for me).

Why do we need a pvp pistol anyways? Because currently, all bureaucrats must choose whether they want to do good damage in pvp (using an AS weapon) or pvm (using pistols). And, if a crat chooses to optimize pvp damage, they will do almost no weapon damage in pvm. Most other professions (actually, none that I can think of immediately off the top of my head, though I'm sure there might be a few) have to make such a dramatic choice between pvm and pvp damage. Also, the way that bureaucrats are designed, it seems to make sense that we should be able to use pistols as the best pvp setup. We have pistol perklines, pistol adding LE lines, and pistol buffs, but no good pvp pistols. It's like if soldiers had a ton of AR/FA buffs, but no good AR/FA pvp weapon? It just doesn't make sense that pistols aren't our best weapon choice.

What I mean by a pistol pvp weapon: I mean something that makes it worthwhile for the top pvp crats to switch to pistols over using Bows/Rifles/Whatever currently has the best Aimed Shot. Basically, that means the pistol needs to either have a good Aimed Shot, or that it needs to have a secondary effect that's uber enough that it's better to gain that effect and lose Aimed Shot than to keep Aimed Shot and not have that effect.

Disclaimer: this isn't a whine thread. I'm not unhappy with my bureaucrat or upset about the state of bureaucrat weapons. It makes sense to me and a lot of the other veteran bureaucrats that we should get something like this, but no one has ever humored us and given any direct feedback about this question.

So yeah, I'm just curious.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

hello,

when ranged advy got one , that mean never ^^
    A suggestion to remove ranged advy full auto problem : http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=529754

pistol are now for dot user , Ranged advy need revolver :

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...6&postcount=21

Quote Originally Posted by flyinguns View Post
    hello,

when ranged advy got one , that mean never ^^
    Hello,

Adventurers have a choice between two effective kinds of setups. You aren't forced to go ranged, you can easily go melee and have an effective pvm and pvp setup all in one.

I can see how you might read what I said and then make a comparison between adventurers and bureaucrats, but this indicates that you are a person of especially untutored intellect. Bureaucrats have to choose between being good in pvm (pistols) versus being good at pvp (AS), and there is no choice that affords bureaucrats the chance at being good at both. Adventurers have to choose between being good at both pvm and pvp (melee), and being good at pvm and O.K. at pvp (ranged), which is not anything at all like the choice that bureaucrats must make. To top it off, I would guess that even ranged adventurers have good reasons to level to 30/70.

Good day, sir.
    Last edited by Sterva; Nov 25th, 2008 at 19:06:55.

So, you want to have your cake, and being able to eat it too? No.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Ouch. Troll got owned.

Edit: I say Abandon Pistols and AS all together in exchange for an Epic Briefcase Weapon of doom
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    So, you want to have your cake, and being able to eat it too? No.
    In other words we need to nerf adventurers?
    /disco

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    Ouch. Troll got owned.

Edit: I say Abandon Pistols and AS all together in exchange for an Epic Briefcase Weapon of doom
    ???
    I don't get the point you asked meh when you got your pistol i answered you
    after if you want to debate if ranged have o pass mele it's not on this topic

this is a warning : funcom will never make a pvp pistol

kTHxBYE
    A suggestion to remove ranged advy full auto problem : http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=529754

Dualwield will make it an extremely OP combination with your stun procs.
    Atm it's pretty ballanced. You get crappy werpon damage from regular pistiols but higher chance to trigger stun procs. Or good pvp damage from AS but lower chance to trigger stun procs cause you can't dualwield bow and it's effin slow

I would rather to think about tweaking your def abilities instead of adding offence(some not very high hot maybe?). For all profs actually. It's getting way too boring from "Q1234 /tell %t LOL GIMP" wars. Wish fights would last longer
    Odinochka 220/30/70 Sol Veteran of Punk
    Linadoc 220/29/70 Doc Advisor of Punk

???
    I don't get the point you asked meh when you got your pistol i answered you
    after if you want to debate if ranged have o pass mele it's not on this topic

this is a warning : funcom will never make a pvp pistol

kTHxBYE
    Most of the time, it's better to just stop posting when someone makes you look like an idiot. It's called saving face.

Quote Originally Posted by Odinochka View Post
    Dualwield will make it an extremely OP combination with your stun procs.
    No, it really won't, and you have no argument for why it would be OP for crats to have a good pvm/pvp weapon option. Stop using stun procs as a blanket objection against ideas you don't like, it doesn't suit your constitution. Stun procs are getting nerfed further to a max duration of 8 seconds, and they already have been nerfed to not overwrite (preventing chain stuns), continuing to bring them up as meaningless as me saying:

Hey, whatever sensible things doctors want, don't give it to them. If you did, heals would be totally OP.
    Last edited by Sterva; Nov 25th, 2008 at 19:42:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    Most of the time, it's better to just stop posting when someone makes you look like an idiot. It's called saving face.

'

i'm not an idiot i'm a troll .

ok lets get serious now : it's friendly advice . it wil be strange to see a prof asking for pvp pistol till the beginning and not get it and another starting to ask and get one , no really if i can tell you something you should ask for better pet or perk if you lack some offence.

i don't want you to feel like us !!!

Fantastic
    Biggest lie of the century

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic View Post
    Make clan PvP zerg-bot is destroy pvp-action in AO.

Tnx!

Crats should be given 2 handed AS pistol (same stats as Tigress) but, with bow skill required to equip.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Hello,

Adventurers have a choice between two effective kinds of setups. You aren't forced to go ranged, you can easily go melee and have an effective pvm and pvp setup all in one.

I can see how you might read what I said and then make a comparison between adventurers and bureaucrats, but this indicates that you are a person of especially untutored intellect. Bureaucrats have to choose between being good in pvm (pistols) versus being good at pvp (AS), and there is no choice that affords bureaucrats the chance at being good at both. Adventurers have to choose between being good at both pvm and pvp (melee), and being good at pvm and O.K. at pvp (ranged), which is not anything at all like the choice that bureaucrats must make. To top it off, I would guess that even ranged adventurers have good reasons to level to 30/70.

Good day, sir.
    As your future profession im sorry to say that your just bitching now mkay? Crats got nice pistols and you really really shouldn't get AS on pistols... Also on top of that AS is so hugely over-rated (especially by crats, tbh its almost as over-rated as FA) that it would take a +100% reflect proc that hits the opponent for 3x15k dmg with a 20% chance to actually get people to switch from the AS religion and lets face it, that would just be plain OP (now even if you would settle for a 70% reflect proc and 1x10k dmg... thats still OP mkay?)

Because lets face it you would never take a pistol with a 3k dmg proc that also gives you 5% reflects and +2k nano (even tho thats about 50/50 trade fro AS) simply because you need more then that to convert from your religious worshiping of the AS god and instead put your faith in science...

Yes this post is provocative but you brought that on yourself by claiming that flyinguns has a "especially untutored intellect" simply because he (one of the 2 REAL pistol classes) had the nerve to point out to you (a support pet class that use pistols as a second set off offense) that not even ranged advys have gotten "real" PvP pistols yet.... (so why the hell should you?)

Oh and spare me the whole "pets are useless" talk we have already heard it so many times that we include it in our calcs and set the "pets suck" relevance value to 0 when we post about crats mkay?

Its easy, ether use a AS weapon if you want to focus on killing people with high evades or 2 pistols if you want to focus on killing the other half of the professions....

Or if nothing else pleas stop whining, your not the worst PvP profession around anymore, your right smack down in the middle of average, just where you (and everyone else) should be...
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

i'm ok for a pvp pistol

if it use 3000 in pistol and 2500 in AS

and have this : damage : 20-100

i'm not an idiot i'm a troll .

ok lets get serious now : it's friendly advice . it wil be strange to see a prof asking for pvp pistol till the beginning and not get it and another starting to ask and get one , no really if i can tell you something you should ask for better pet or perk if you lack some offence.

i don't want you to feel like us !!!
    There you go again, making yourself look stupid. You see, trolls bait other people to make them look stupid--and right now, you're doing the opposite of that, which means you are the opposite of a troll, and you're still an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    - There is no reasonable alternative to AS that isn't OP
    Yes there are, you just aren't creative enough to think of them, apparently.

Yes this post is provocative but you brought that on yourself by claiming that flyinguns has a "especially untutored intellect" simply because he (one of the 2 REAL pistol classes) had the nerve to point out to you (a support pet class that use pistols as a second set off offense) that not even ranged advys have gotten "real" PvP pistols yet.... (so why the hell should you?)
    It's not my problem if adventurers aren't happy with their pistol options, I don't generally make it my business to lobby for other professions (and most of the time, I don't even bother lobbying against other professions either).

But the bit about bureaucrats not being a real pistol class emphasizes how little you know about bureaucrats (and to some extent, AO in general). We have significant self only pistol buffs, nearly all of the weapon AR added by our LE lines is pistol AR, pistol skill is also our lightest weapon skill, and we have access to profession specific pistol perk lines. So basically, you're just plainly wrong.

your not the worst PvP profession around anymore, your right smack down in the middle of average, just where you (and everyone else) should be...
    I won't mince my words with you, you're an idiot. You spent all that time typing out a fairly nonsensical post and it isn't really funny or compelling. For that amount of effort, I should have at least laughed or had something to think about for a while.

But you and everyone else can think on this for a while before replying again:

I'm not asking for pvp improvement (read: crats being more powerful than they already can be in pvp).

I'm not asking for pvm improvement (read: crats being more powerful than they already can be in pvm).

I'm asking that bureaucrats not have to choose between being good in pvm or pvp. It is not logical in any way to justify any objection to this request on the basis that you think bureaucrats do well enough in either pvm or pvp, because I am not asking for us to get better at either, I am only asking that we not need to choose between the two.

If what I am asking for were implemented, bureaucrats would not be better in pvp or in pvm, they would merely be good at both, instead of one or the other.
    Last edited by Sterva; Nov 25th, 2008 at 19:58:51.

woow ,

Calm down dude , i know idiot is your favorite word but it's not a word to be spammed here, you're not on the newbie island channel!

Rktim talked to you with respect , it should be reciprocal

Use onehander, people say it's OP because it's a onehanded AS weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubby View Post
    In other words we need to nerf adventurers?
    The melee ones, yes.

i'm ok for a pvp pistol

if it use 3000 in pistol and 2500 in AS

and have this : damage : 20-100
    Wouls still perform half decently with enough Add dmg. But why bother, the Onehander Outperforms it in max damage therefor Crit damage.
    Last edited by Shareida; Nov 25th, 2008 at 20:09:07.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

You don't think like meh ? you're idiot idiott!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Idiot , Idiot

Pafpuf be ready to be insulted

Pafpuf be ready to be insulted
    I know, and he tries oh-so hard. Sadly his only tool is winning a single duel against me, but nowadays he simply cannot live without AS weapons and permastuns. Crat pvp is hard you know, killing afk people has never been harder.

Page 1 of 24 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast