Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there true neutrality in ao?

ROFL . . . but you WOULD take towers from that org. With oh, about 79 of your closest friends.

Again people, being neut doesn't mean I sit around while you kick my butt, and do nothing about it. When you attack me, expect me to attack back. Neutral does NOT mean passive or submissive.

Neutrals in this game are misnamed. Simply because people believe neutral means "fence sitting" or "undecided" or "pacifist" What we are is actually "non-aligned." We are neutral only in the sense that we are neither Clan nor Omni, and those two sides are fighting.

I first chose neut because of the storyline, back when there was one. Omni were a money grubbing hypercapitalist enterprise, and I wanted no part of it. Clans were attempting to take them down with terrorist tactics - well, before FC backed off from the terrorist bit when that became a little too uncomfortable for the player base.

Other Neuts became Neut for different reasons. We don't of necessity have any thing in common, beyond the fact that, for whatever reason, we are neither clan nor omni.

Neutral:
    1 : not engaged on either side; specifically : not aligned with a political or ideological grouping <a neutral nation>
    2 : of or relating to a neutral state or power <neutral territory>
    3 a : not decided or pronounced as to characteristics :
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

you take towers from clan, not omni, you never take omni towers. you are not a true neut. Period. Any more discussion of this is funny.
    Ayse "Millerna" Teyze (Level 220 / AI 23) Opi Agent - Retired
    Tecavuzcu "Duneprime" Coskun (Level 213 / AI 17) Sol Advy

Omni-Tek is my friend.

True I never attack Omni towers.

Why???

Because they never attack my towers.

BTW this is not funny this is reality.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by ookami View Post
    you take towers from clan, not omni, you never take omni towers. you are not a true neut. Period.
    ehm. lol.
    Mijuda 220/23/49 Neut Adventurer President of War and Sacrifice
    Blackangel3 170/8/15 Omni Agent Member of Northern Star
    Tyrannosaur 150/5/14 Omni Soldier Member of Northern Star
    Barusc0 150/8/14 Neut Enforcer Member of War and Sacrifice
    Cocodemon 136/4/10 Neut MP Member of War and Sacrifice
    Only69 49/5/4 Neut Enforcer Member of War and Sacrifice

War and Sacrifice are recruitting

i choose neut for 1 single reason..

i don't give a rat's rear end about the conflict. I don't want any part of it.

I don't do PVP. I holds no interest to me.

You attack me, i return the favor.
    You attack my towers, i return the favor.
    You leave me alone, i leave you alone.

I am switzerland. I'm not interested in your petty poltical politics...but cross me and i will defend myself. I do not want to be limited in my movement across RK/SL. I can go anywhwere i want to and team/associate with anyone i want to for transitory self interest. I associate with others of my viewpoint, not with sided folks. I willing buff anyone who asks nicely unless they are flagged, and expect the same. And the only drama i enjoy re the side dispute is reading LOR cause frankly, LOA isn't as funny.

Neutral = no drama please?

Omni = Stab kill, Pew Pew?

Clan = I dropped my soap

Neutrals are screwed because you can't go neutral. It's a game mechanics thing. It makes no sense, but that is why there are so few of you IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmrabe View Post
    FUNCOM doesn't know S!!T about lazy and apathetic!

I'll SHOW YOU lazy and apathetic...

Tomorrow... if I feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Awi View Post
    True I never attack Omni towers.

Why???

Because they never attack my towers.

BTW this is not funny this is reality.
    Well, then how is attacking Clan only makes you neutral? Yes some of us might attack you and you see this as "retaliation" but taking also omni support while doing it...there is no sense in calling yourself neutral after that point.

Omni-Tek is my friend.

I was Neutral when i first started playing AO. Even joined a neutral org. However, when i started to get more involved with the storyline of the game. Man my opinion of the Clam and Omni changed drastically. I like Omni for lots of reasons, but the most prominent one that sticks outta my head the most is the Omni med suits. I know i know what a stupid thing to base your opinion on, but im just too damn lazy to have to deal with being Clam and switching to Omni for certain stuff. I kinda wish that choosing a side was more of a bigger deal, like when your first character chooses a side he must stick with that side no matter what. Meaning that if he even starts a new character he must choose the side his main is on whether it's neutral, Omni, or Clam.

But staying to the true point at hand here, True Neutrality will never exist in this game, not when you have oh so much incentive to side with one of the 2 other factions. Of Course then again, most of my buddy's that arent in my Org are Neutrals. Heck some of them started playing the same time i did.
    Bushido is the way of the warrior. Nirvana is the path of true enlightenment. NTs must struggle to confine themselves as Warriors in this world,while still maintaining the path of wisdom.
    Chrioset-195/7 Nanomage/NT
    Duesentas-199/8 Atrox/Enfo
    Iloveshiz-131/0 Solitus/Fixer (no GA twinkage)
    Chriosat-88/0 Nanomage/Trader (wannabe Tradeskiller)
    Gualo - 155/2 Nanomage/Engy (the Real TSer)
    FUN COM, Please Make NT's the top Damge Dealers Again!!!!!!
    AO Mainframe-Click here - Down indefinitly
    Auno-Click here

ROFL
    Try to read what you just wrote

Well, then how is attacking Clan only makes you neutral?
    You answer it in your own next sentence and as written earlier Neutral does not mean hopeless and unable to retaliate.

Yes some of us might attack you and you see this as "retaliation"
    Exactly, it is retaliation. What do you think it is ??? Aggresion ?

but taking also omni support while doing it...
    I do not call Omni for help, they come out of their free will... because they like to help us... because they like to kill Clammers... there can be a lot of reasons for Omni to come.

And what "true Neutral" (according to your definition) should do in such case ???
    Attack Omni who came to help ??? (if you answer yes then I surrender )

there is no sense in calling yourself neutral after that point.
    There is no sense in what you just wrote period.

I consider myself to be neutral.

Neutral was my first preference when I started playing at the dawn of AO when, as others have stated, there was a storyline, and neutral is still my preference, though the challenge is much greater.

I have no interest in pvp, and not much interest in team play to be honsest, so playing a neutral character as neutral is not difficult. I try to keep my faction balanced, do both sided versions of quests when available and treat all players exactly the same when it comes to buying and selling, helping out and such teaming as I do.

Now, having played for as long as I have I have created Clan and Omni toons too, just the same as I have created toons of most breed/prof combinations. With sided toons I feel both more and less restricted. There are more options to advance, more opportunities in game mechanics and player oriented (like the various organised raids), but at the same time there is not the challenge of playing a balanced character.

So I have less affinity with my sided toons and consider my neutral toons to be my "mains" and my sided ones diversions. I have more than one account and play both RK1 and RK2 but never have enough toon slots. I seldom delete a neutral toon though.

So yes, there is what I consider to be true neutral play.

I don't think Ookami mean defending your towers.

Attacking one side and not the other is not true neutrality in any way.
    I see some some posters tries to justify their actions "cause it's a good reason" , but they have still choosed a side to support and not support.

Omni-orientated/Clan-orientated neutrals is oki imo tho
    Yes, there is a lot of true Neutrals in the game.

I am neutral in my own way! let me be!
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

Quote Originally Posted by monique View Post
    I don't think Ookami mean defending your towers.

Attacking one side and not the other is not true neutrality in any way.
    I have no idea what Ookami meant ???

But let me give you 2 examples:

1. Neutral towers are attacked (by Clan as usual), Neutrals defend and some Omni come to help (even not called by anyone). According to Ookami we are no longer Neutral

2. Neutral towers are destroyed (by Clan as usual). Few hours later Neutrals attack Clan towers, then again Omni come to help (even not called by anyone). According to Ookami we are no longer Neutral

Conclusion whenever Neutrals fight Clan and Omni come to help Neutrals lose their Neutrality ===> So we should blame Omni. Right?

Simply reject their help. You are saying they are coming then shove them off, actually you want them to come to help you, which is exactly getting omni's help, which makes you not a "true neutral". I don't see a problem in being omni-aligned, it's so funny that you are saying you are neutral after a point where you are actively engaging against clan. If you are not submissive, then how come we never see you bashing Omni towers, those are towers too right.

Flame me all you like, that is your childishness. I have never flamed you in all the comments I made, and I am glad I haven't.

Simple, I have no problem with you being omni-aligned neut, but saying you are a true neut is a lie imo. Ofc everybody has their own views about the issue though.

Omni-Tek is my friend.

hmm maybe omni don't attack neut towers much?

Simply reject their help. You are saying they are coming then shove them off, actually you want them to come to help you, which is exactly getting omni's help, which makes you not a "true neutral". I don't see a problem in being omni-aligned, it's so funny that you are saying you are neutral after a point where you are actively engaging against clan. If you are not submissive, then how come we never see you bashing Omni towers, those are towers too right.

Flame me all you like, that is your childishness. I have never flamed you in all the comments I made, and I am glad I haven't.

Simple, I have no problem with you being omni-aligned neut, but saying you are a true neut is a lie imo. Ofc everybody has their own views about the issue though.

duh....

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. If omni wants to help neuts retaliate for clan attacks fine by me. That's the point of being neutral. Here's a thought...don't attack neut towers and only attack omni. See how many tower wars true neuts get into with you.

Why are you all discussing something that is so damn obvious lol and everyone agrees with eachother but still there is a discussion..

I got a new discussion topic for you all:

Trees are brown
    Harios - [Enforcer] cookies 220/30
    Advass - [Adventurer] nerf 220/21
    Wackios - [Shade] gankzsz 220/16
    Soldios - [Soldier] FA Burst 220/22
    Docios - [Doctor] healsplxz 220/20
    Cratios - [Bureaucrat] tape 220/19
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front Cookies >> Bacon, remember that!

if you declared omnitek as your friend then you clearly are not a true neutral anymore are you, since you are now much closer to omni side than clan. That's as simple as that. I am not saying "you kill our towerz you sux" of course you'll attack when you are attacked, that's not it. This is not some sort of "you support omnis against us nerf you" drama situation. I am simply saying in result of your decisions you simply are not thinking exactly the same about both omni and clan anymore. As you state, one of them is certainly "closer" to you now.

I never support Clans who attack neutrals and I never will unless they work with omni in pvp. I also support allowing neutrals in clan bots which won't seem to happen at the immediate moment I guess.

Omni-Tek is my friend.

Simply reject their help. You are saying they are coming then shove them off, actually you want them to come to help you, which is exactly getting omni's help, which makes you not a "true neutral".
    How to reject Omni help ???
    Neutral towers are attacked by Clan, then Omni come as well. Are you expecting me to shoot Omnis and Clan at the same time ???
    First of all that would mean defeat 100% sure.
    Second thing it would be very rude and look like an act of terrorism, when in fact we are attacked by terrorists (aka Clan)

I don't see a problem in being omni-aligned, it's so funny that you are saying you are neutral after a point where you are actively engaging against clan. If you are not submissive, then how come we never see you bashing Omni towers, those are towers too right.
    I reapeat I attack Clan because Clan attacks Neutrals
    I do not attack Omni because they do not attack Neutrals
    Seems logical to me.

I am not flaming you. I am just trying to explain that your line of reasoning does not make sense.

You are calling us Omni-aligned Neutrals but you miss the most important fact.
    It is not Neutrals who decided to ally with Omnis, it is Clan who forced us to ally with Omnis and it is Omni good will that they decided/accepted Neutrals as allys.

I never attack Omni towers.
    whenever Neutrals fight Clan and Omni come to help Neutrals lose their Neutrality
    I wouldn't say "whenever" it's more the "never" that makes some neutrals loose their credibillity.
    It's all ok being side-aligned neut imo, but i will not call it true neutral.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast