Thread: How does the whole Notum Wars tower wars work?

Post How does the whole Notum Wars tower wars work?

I mostly see messages in Vicinity about this, Tower Battle Outcome etc. I'm level 118 now, and I have never tried asking, so here's my first time, I would really like to get some tower wars, so I can get the benefits the towers give ( side xp, and those bonus to skills. ).

Could anyone of u please post an guide that I couldnt find myself, thank you.

And please dont start flaming like OMFG noob, that is really annoying.

When u see "the omnis won etc" u will notice that the side xp for omnis goes up and the side xp for clans goes down..
    If u join a infonet for what u are (omni/clan) they post out "pvp at .. come join for help"
    Often u can see that there is an org that are attacking..

this is what i know about this, = not much:P
    Tullyme - 217/20 omni doc

Posted in wrong location but what ever.

Those tower wars you are seeing are PvP battles over what are known as Tower Fields.

A war is iniated (spelt wrong probably) when a Omni/Clan/Neutral attacks an enemy tower field. The tower suppression gas must be below 25% inorder for an attack to take place. If your orged, and message will pop up saying "You have iniated a war on X(insert faction at the X)

You must remove all the towers, then the sexy controll tower, winning the war.

I know I forgot something, add people.

Notum Wars---

THE BATTLE*
    -Land Control on Rubi-Kai is taken over by organizations by placing a control tower. The surroundings towers are just helpers which add to the towers shield and also deal damage. So its good to take out a good chunk of them before destroying the CT.

-Land Control bases go PvP enabled every few hours, usually half days.

-When an attack is initated by an organization, that organization's towers are enabled for battle. If the person does not have an org or the org has no base, the attackers are flagged for about an hour, or 2.

-When a base is destroyed, the top damage dealing orginization attacking that base has 30 minutes to plant a Control Tower before that area is free game for anyone.

-A base goes from 25% which means anyone from opposite side of the faction can attack, to 5% which means anyone outside of your orginization can attack. After a few hours.

THE PERKS*
    -The more land that is controlled, the higher the side XP bonus.

-When in an orginization, you can plant towers that add bonuses to skills that will be enabled everywhere aslong as your tower is alive.

-When in an orginization with a base, a leader can insert contracts depending on the level of the base/s controlled which also add bonuses to skills and abilities which are enabled aslong as your base is up.

Coming home!
    "Pwndedto"---------- 150 Enforcer
    "Pwnded"------------ 60 Martial-Artist
    "Pwnded2"----------- 60 Keeper Pre-AI (Retired)
    "Ipalm"-------------- 40 Agent
    "Hybrid069"----------- 25 Enforcer Setup
    ex-Circle of Notum

Some good reading:

http://ao-universe.com/main.php?site...e&link=1&id=87

http://www.anarchyarcanum.com/gameplay_basictowers.html

http://ao.stratics.com/content/guide...nd_control.php

Each covers bits the others don't, if there is a fully comprehensive guide I've not found it. Pwned has listed some good points, just to add to a couple tho...

-Land Control bases go PvP enabled every few hours, usually half days. (They cycle through 18hrs of normal gas, 5 hrs of 25% and 1hr of 5% specifically)

-When an attack is initated by an organization, that organization's towers are enabled for battle. If the person does not have an org or the org has no base, the attackers are flagged for about an hour, or 2. (4 hours, nasty - otherwise you'll get a 15min flag)

-When a base is destroyed, the top damage dealing orginization attacking that base has 30 minutes to plant a Control Tower before that area is free game for anyone.(30mins = 20mins)

Really your best bet, is to try get your Org involved if you're in one. If not it will be tougher, you won't be able to own towers tho you can still help with side xp. It depends what server and faction you're on as to how to get involved, eg bots to join, etc. Good luck ^^
    The nature of monkey is irrepressible.
    Silq ~ Barabajagal ~ Ubik ~ Steampunk ~ Fleshwoman & others

who gives a crap about sum swamping side bonus.

Control tower CONTRACTS!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tirnaz
    who gives a crap about sum swamping side bonus.

Control tower CONTRACTS!!!!!!!
    Crat xp totems powering to 220 off of xp rings + xp guns + xp perks + xp aholic.

Or people sk grinding

So can anyone form the same side come and "defend" the towers or is it only the org that owns the tower can fight?

Quote Originally Posted by jburnbb
    So can anyone form the same side come and "defend" the towers or is it only the org that owns the tower can fight?
    Anyone from the side can for the first 5 hours while the site is in 25%. After that, it goes to 5% and the towers will attack anyone not in the org, or teamed with someone in the org.
    Aratink 220/30 Fixer
    Proud General of Dark Front
    Clanslator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kijomimi
    See? It all starts with you doing something stupid. Maybe if you were not so stupid, you would have less problems.