Thread: AO wiki

AO wiki

A guy named Angels (maker of Angelsbot) has created an Anarchy online wiki located at aowiki.net. Here's the original thread

For those of you who don't know what a wiki is, it's basically a repository of knowledge that anyone can write to and edit. If you'd like an example of a complete wiki, try Wikipedia

Right now there isn't much on the site, but once people start contributing, it should be a great place to find out about the many different aspects of AO. I believe you have to register, but it's free and quick, and he won't send you any spam.
    Level 220 16 Philip "Phil" Proteus, Engineer Equipment

Nice

Just had a quick look at the site. Seems good. I'll have another look at it as soon as I get some free time.

Nice to see some people putting in that little extra effort to help the community out.

Many Thanks

already posted on Reets.
    General Of Legion

Great idea guys!
    A Total Clan Victory Is Inevitable!

Bushrat - General of The Black Company

The Black Company Gridsite

Just a warning, I will be checking that site. If I see any guides ripped off of AOV, I will ask that they be removed, so just don't.
    lol hehe wtf pwnt bbq

If you see any guides that are directly copied just send me a pm or ingame tell and i will edit it.
    Last edited by Landcast; Jun 8th, 2005 at 16:12:30.
    General Of Legion

- You need to register, but that is free and only takes a few moments. I had to add this little bit of "security", because i had alot of anonymous vandalism in first place on the german wiki. Mediawiki 1.5 will add more security (f.e. checking valid emails)

- Everybody (registered) can add/edit all opened pages. Pages can be closed by a admin. (which means only admins can edit those pages). I had to do this on the Mainpage and someother Specialpages on the German Wiki cause some guy thought it would be fun to delete the Text everyday

@ZeoCrystal: What is AOV? AOVault? If you see some copyright abuse, feel free to contact me whenever you like.

I wonder why more people haven't got involved in this, I just did an entry, its a lot of fun.
    Alexander "Talan" Calnid
    Currently AFK, will see you all in a few months
    Advisor of Shattered Dreams ~ My Equipment ~ Bio ~ My AO-Journal
    Alts of Note: "Malta" Desan ~ Equip || Jiro "Stone" Yamato ~ Equip || Jane "Lustywench" Scarlet ~ Equip || Scape ~ Equip

Tsukts: Yeah... You were the naked perv in bor. lol
    Talan: yep that was me
    Tsukts: I still have nightmares about you.

When I saw the word wiki I just started thinking of that 80's song "Oh Wiki, you so fine. You so fine you blow my mind! Hey Wiki! Hey Wiki!"

Well, I thought it was clever when I wrote it!
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by Amosco
    When I saw the word wiki I just started thinking of that 80's song "Oh Wiki, you so fine. You so fine you blow my mind! Hey Wiki! Hey Wiki!"

Well, I thought it was clever when I wrote it!
    That was Micky... Ah, oh, sarcasm, never mind.

Wiki always makes me think of Jasper Carrot and his joke about his trip to Hong Kong, where the restaraunt owner said "Ah, wiki wiki." Always brings to mind a crazy chinese cook with a cleaver in his hand chasing a chicken with ricked neck down the street...

Edit: BTW, I did do an entry on the different breeds...
    Lorna, 209/13 Trader on Die Neue Welt
    Jaegerin 220/21 Adenturer equip
    Yeuh 220/20 Doctor equip
    General of Midnight Syndicate

- Live long and prosper, but not at the expense of your comrades