Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Halloween

Quote Originally Posted by Liwa View Post
    Who or where is Harvesting Uncle Pumpkin Heads .....

Liwa
    Im guessing thats the name of the high level ones Arks/GM's can spawn when they do their big spawn events?
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

When does the even end by current plan?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Biggest issue I have with that picture is the presence of a pistol MP wearing that stupid panda head
    Well my enf would have died too easily. As it is, I ran into that group, they killed my healpet but couldn't really dent me and didn't attack rihwen. Unfortunately, I also couldn't kill them fast enough to beat respawn, and they just warp me if I try to run. I'm kind of nervous about logging back on, I'm pretty sure I'll still be right in the middle of them, I just did /quit.

Thank you for update genele, appreciate you trying to sort it.

"Broken Shores will get Griefing Uncle Pumpkin-Heads from level: 200-250"

Searched all over BS but couldn't find any traces of them.
    Are they there?
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Quote Originally Posted by schloops View Post
    "Broken Shores will get Griefing Uncle Pumpkin-Heads from level: 200-250"

Searched all over BS but couldn't find any traces of them.
    Are they there?
    They are on the (south)eastside along the river, from the bottom bridge and up to the next bridge. 4 spawns on each side or something.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Thx, will check tomorrow

Thx found them... a big pack all one on top of each other... a nt solo wet dream .
    Was fun . And good stuff for my froobs.

Last 3 years im usually pretty excited about the resub bonus..not this year. I usually do a 12 month, but maybe just a 3 this time.

/still addicted to the game just disappointed.

I agree with you Lasteclipse, went with 3 months subs on 2 of my accounts, instead the usual 12. Seems they got a bit greedy.
    Heh but on the brighter side, the Halloween content is fun. I belive AO is going on a good path even with all downsizing that FC has suffered.
    PS: I hope Halloween content is extended by a week :-)... you know, the downtime and early bugs....
    Last edited by lordcabro; Oct 29th, 2013 at 15:46:55. Reason: Added PS
    Look at the Hat!

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post

Since the last Live patch we had to make an exploit fix as soon as possible, because we have found an exploit that causes more and more problems the longer it remains unfixed on the Live dimension. We will try to patch Testlive next week. But a patch which contains larger changes like that is a risk, and bugs could be found while QA is testing. If they find bugs, we will need to make another patch and that would eventually delay patching Live until Halloween is long over. It is all unknowns for us at this point. Either the fixes work the way we intended them to or they don't. Touching one thing in AO can break something in a completely unexpected area. That is just the nature of working on a project that is this old, spaghetti-like and badly documented.

On the bight side: We have actually made larger changes to the uph loot folders this week (we have also added a little surprise). And if we can get this patch out before the end of the Halloween events, I will make sure to keep the Halloween spawns running for an additional week. All I can do is to cross my fingers!
    So .... was today's downtime a fix for the exploit above? Plus the surprise you mentioned?

Or, just server maintenance?

Liwa

Where are the GUPH's in Stret West Bank? Ive been looking for an hour and can not find them :/

Funcom employee

So .... was today's downtime a fix for the exploit above? Plus the surprise you mentioned?

Or, just server maintenance?

Liwa
    The downtime today was server maintenance. We also had downtime on Testlive which now has the 18.6.10.0 update. We aim to get this patch pushed out to Live servers before Halloween ends. QA did not find any bugs, so now its just our testers on Testlive who can start taking a whack at the patch to see if there are any bugs that QA didn't catch.

Regardless of this patch getting out in time, we will extend the Halloween spawns for an additional week to make up for the downtime and issues we have had during this year's Halloween. Hopefully the last week will be all patched up and you can take a whack at uphs with updated loot folders. I'm still crossing my fingers!

the cherries are REALLY, REALLY, annoying. Not being able to clear a group of corpses because of those stupid cherries makes it extremely difficult to get to bodies that are stuck beneath the piles of griefing uncle pumpkin head corpses.

Why you decided to put them on EVERY SINGLE DROP, and then make it to where they were unique.... I mean, almost every thing about the event this year seems broken or glitched in one way or another.

I was totally on your side, but with the amount of irritation involved with the event this year I can see why there's so many complaints.

you know you can delete items on a corpse by right clicking on them?

I've been finding the GUPHs in the notum miners mission pretty fun. First time, when I didn't know what was going on, and a couple times when I got careless ended up being warped around, and it certainly adds time on the daily. But the Lya Sangis drop pretty decently and I like killing them there because they don't clump. And it was really fun when my lowbie trader got caught in a warp cycle by 3 of them, and still managed to kill them. Did get ganked once by a PvP'er. Not a big deal.

Be nice if the cherries weren't unique - I like the costuming, but always end up taking it off pretty quickly because something comes up. Would rather stockpiles them for occasional use throughout the year.

Ah. Was not aware you could delete items on a corpse, good to know. My apologies. Still irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    The downtime today was server maintenance. We also had downtime on Testlive which now has the 18.6.10.0 update. We aim to get this patch pushed out to Live servers before Halloween ends. QA did not find any bugs, so now its just our testers on Testlive who can start taking a whack at the patch to see if there are any bugs that QA didn't catch.

Regardless of this patch getting out in time, we will extend the Halloween spawns for an additional week to make up for the downtime and issues we have had during this year's Halloween. Hopefully the last week will be all patched up and you can take a whack at uphs with updated loot folders. I'm still crossing my fingers!
    I did a quick test run and I did find Lya's on regular Uncle Pumpkinheads, but the drop rate was exceptionally low ... 2 pieces of Lya's total over 100 or more UPH's in Holes in the Wall and 4 Holes.

I did 3 clusters of GUPH's in Holes in the Wall ... only 2 pieces of Lya's total from 24 GUPH's. It seems like I was seeing one or two on Each cluster of GUPH's on Live yesterday.

This seems like a low drop rate based on the past ...

I did not see whatever the surprise was ....

Liwa

I did not see whatever the surprise was ....
    The drop rate.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast