Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GTA V Options

GTA V Options

So, having taken Option C and loving it, just wondering what other options people took, why and how it went.
    I'm Batman.

C was the only real option. Anyone that took any other option should just leave right now.

There is only one option, to wait for PC release and hope that it's better than the crapfest that was GTA4.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I got it on PS3. The game itself is great. It's one of the best games ever made. But like someone else said, it's like looking at a piece of art.. on your phone. The greatness of the game is partly lost due to the delivery method (old consoles).

I play on a 55" 3D HD TV with surround sound and there are some things to note:

1. On a 1080p big TV, the jaggies are quite severe. It's not so bad that it makes the game unplayable or anything but it does make me wish the game was released on PC already. On PS3 the game is superb. If it was on a PC, it would be godly. On trick to make the game less jaggy is to play it on a smaller 720p TV.

2. The sound isn't affected by it being on a console and so the sound in GTA5 is great. The world feels so alive and the sound is a big part of that.

3. If you have the digital version, you will get popins. If you have the Xbox version and you install both discs, you will get popins. Getting GTA5 to run on old consoles is a marvel of technological achievement. And they had to use every trick in the book, and make up some new ones, to make it work. This means that the game is designed to stream textures and objects from both the DvD and the HD at the same time. So the optimal way to play the game is on a Xbox 360 where you install only disc 1 and then keep disc 2 in the tray. Or on a PS3 where the bluray allows for a perfect installation.

4. Even on a PS3 or 360 with perfect installation, the game suffers from framedrops quite often. The game rarely hits 30 FPS and sometimes dips to 20. This game really is reaching the absolute potential of these old consoles.

5. The game has superb lighting and day and night cycle. It's also very colorful and vibrant. GTA5 is NOTHING like the blurry brown and gray mess that GTA4 was.

As for the game itself, it's huge, the missions are varied, the characters range from fun and interesting to just downright crappy. Like this one mission that involves repeated torture and you can't skip it (other than that one mission, they are all great though). There's planes, helicopters, jets, loads of cars, bikes, blimp, submarines, loads of weapons that are all upgradeable or customizable and you can carry all of them at the same time. There stealth system actually works due to sight-cones and line of sight systems being put in place. This makes infiltrating military bases to steal a jet or evading the cops a lot more fun.

I find myself doing things in this game that's.. unexpected. Like I saw the tallest mountain in the area and I decided, I WILL get a bus all the way up there somehow. So I tried but the cops saw me steal the bus and followed me through this epic journey up that mountain which took 30 minutes. On the way I scared the crap out of tourist hikers and at the top I found a lot of interesting stuff including a parachute, motorcross-bikes, a secret and such stuff. I accomplished nothing in those 30 minutes as far as the game was concerned (apart from that one secret) but I enjoyed that more than most anything else gaming related I have done the last few months. And that was just one of 10 things I did that one day that I would classify as especially awesome

I don't regret buying the game on PS3 at all. It plays really well and I will get the PC version as well whenever that comes out. I may even get the PS4 version if it runs in 1080p and has better FPS than the PS3 version. Part of me wishes I didn't like the game this much, because I don't like rewarding Rockstar for their release tactics where they release some here, some there and some over there in the hopes that people like me will buy more than 1 copy. But I can't help it, the game is just that good.

And the GTA online thing looks really awesome as well. Really looking forward to that.
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Oct 1st, 2013 at 11:28:32.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    There is only one option, to wait for PC release and hope that it's better than the crapfest that was GTA4.
    This

Yeah, on Xbox I didn't find any of these problems. Not sure why.
    I'm Batman.

Or we can play games because we enjoy them, no matter what it's released on, and not wait around for something that may never happen (see: Red Dead Redemption on PC)

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    1. On a 1080p big TV, the jaggies are quite severe. It's not so bad that it makes the game unplayable or anything but it does make me wish the game was released on PC already. On PS3 the game is superb. If it was on a PC, it would be godly. On trick to make the game less jaggy is to play it on a smaller 720p TV.
    It runs in 720p, so that's to be expected, your TV has to scale it, which adds to jaggies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    3. If you have the digital version, you will get popins. If you have the Xbox version and you install both discs, you will get popins. Getting GTA5 to run on old consoles is a marvel of technological achievement. And they had to use every trick in the book, and make up some new ones, to make it work. This means that the game is designed to stream textures and objects from both the DvD and the HD at the same time. So the optimal way to play the game is on a Xbox 360 where you install only disc 1 and then keep disc 2 in the tray. Or on a PS3 where the bluray allows for a perfect installation.
    Actually the best way is digital download on a PS3 with an SSD installed. Compare your character switch times to this

I just wait for Steam sale and grab it for 10 or 15€...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Too bad Steam doesn't sell Xbox/Playstation games, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Actually the best way is digital download on a PS3 with an SSD installed. Compare your character switch times to this
    SSD is cheating!
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Too bad Steam doesn't sell Xbox/Playstation games, eh?
    eh? why would anyone want to play Xbox/Playstation games when they can play PC games?

Gaming PC wise, console wins through.. rl-practicality means.
    I'm Batman.

Removed several inappropriate posts. Please remember to follow the Forums Guidelines when posting.
    Guardian Valter
    Forums Team
    Community Relations Department
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    Forums Social Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    eh? why would anyone want to play Xbox/Playstation games when they can play PC games?
    when they can
    You answered your own question, bud.

Or we can play games because we enjoy them, no matter what it's released on, and not wait around for something that may never happen (see: Red Dead Redemption on PC)
    I would, but I can't play games like those on my Xbox. I played through about half of GTA4 before I conceded that I wasn't enjoying myself outside the cutscenes, because one the graphics were a blurry mess and two the controls made me feel like a walrus trying to eat with chopsticks.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Hehe, I stopped playing The Last of Us for the same reason. Everyone kept saying the game was beyond great but the control layout for that game was so fiddly and unintuitive that I just couldn't enjoy myself at all. I kept wrestling with the game more than enjoying it. So after 2 hours of playing I stopped and I never got back to it. I'm sure the game is great, but as you say.. I felt like I was playing with chopsticks.. covered in illogical buttons

Luckily, I don't have that problem with GTA5. Partly because the layout is logical and easy to remember but also because the game controls are very forgiving and adaptive. The aim assist is quite extreme in GTA5 for example, which makes it easier to deal with.

I dislike thumbsticks in general though. It's hard to get any real degree of accuracy with those in action games. Makes me really curious as to what it's like to use the new valve controller with its high-tech trackpads. It's still not up to mouse standards but for playing on a TV, it's an interesting concept. I hope it turns out good.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

I would, but I can't play games like those on my Xbox. I played through about half of GTA4 before I conceded that I wasn't enjoying myself outside the cutscenes, because one the graphics were a blurry mess and two the controls made me feel like a walrus trying to eat with chopsticks.
    I don't know, if you're going to complain about the graphics on 360/PS3 games, but continue to play AO, well....

People actually care about graphics? :O

I took C of course, why would I not want all characters still available

SPOILER ALERT(maybe?)!

However my friend read up that if you take B(i think? the trevor one..) you get to split his cash between Michael and Franklin, could help you get closer to that £150m golf course -.-

I must say though I was disappointed with the C ending, and the only heists I enjoyed were the jewelery store and the bank
    Last edited by Spead; Oct 2nd, 2013 at 14:15:17.
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

I don't know, if you're going to complain about the graphics on 360/PS3 games, but continue to play AO, well....
    How does that add up? AO might look old, but at least it runs at pretty high resolutions and isn't messed up by that grimy look you get from trying to fit too much detail into a too low resolution image. Which is generally my complaint with the games I have on my Xbox, that they tried too hard to make it look really good, but end up with a bit of a blurry mess instead. The ones that aren't too busy or don't try to put too much detail into a scene are the ones that look the best.
    The Red Brotherhood

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast