Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Visited live in the new engine today

Now post them with AA/AF.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    ..so.. can we play this yet? Or better yet, release it to the public?
    Also, will the old engine be optional albeit improved? I mean, so I can play smoothly at the expense of long-distant graphics while keeping decent up-close like.
    What kind of hardware are you running that you imagine old engine will run better than new one?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I like it... This is the engine...and I hope it will reach us soon.
    Gone

Nice to see progress, yes. Cannot wait to see new textures and stuff working.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Honestly if you ignore the stretching in pic 1, the horrible lighting effects/bloom from the street lamps it actually looks quite decent to me.

I'm sure Macrosun has a professionally calibrated IPS monitor, making it look over bright to these TFT plebs. (right macrosun?)
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

My eyes literally melted from the lighting in the borealis picture.

Otherwise, honestly, I think it looks nice.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Lighting probably needs to be readjusted in various dark/bright areas or with multiple light sources. Here I see potential dificulties if the old/new engine display an area very different. Another reason to ditch the old engine as soon as possible I guess.

I like what I see and am looking forward to the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    Honestly if you ignore the stretching in pic 1, the horrible lighting effects/bloom from the street lamps it actually looks quite decent to me.

I'm sure Macrosun has a professionally calibrated IPS monitor, making it look over bright to these TFT plebs. (right macrosun?)
    Why would coders have those I didn't see any such monitors on Macrosun's desk when I visited Oslo, but who knows, maybe someone thought they should buy expensive hardware for the sake of some dying game.

Also, I have a professionally calibrated IPS display and it doesn't really look any good on here, mainly because of the washed out lighting and the textures degrading in a terrible manner in the distance.
    The Red Brotherhood

Sounds like some progress there, is that now an exportable .exe client? I assume it and the old client are separate and when we get the new engine it will be a matter of 'download this client or download that client' depending on whether we are intending to use the new or old one. Saying you logged into live I'm guessing any back-end stuff is already in place on both Testlive and the Live servers?

How about the same with at least anti aliasing turned on? Something the new engine should have.
    Last edited by Dagget; Apr 13th, 2013 at 13:45:42.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    What Masta said. Also TFT aka Thin Film Transistor is actually used in all LCD panels (with exception of IGZO), be it TN, IPS or VA.
    Kotty • Drush • Guzzler • Farminator

I may have missed something along the many dialogues about the engine but, to run old and new clients is a rather stupid idea I think, if that is the plan and the ongoing plan for when the engine is released. Or am I wrong? Are they only going to have the old one run for a certain amount of time then disable it? Or will there no longer be an old client at release, only new?

If they are going to keep old and new clients then someone explain to me, why it is/isn't a bad idea to keep them both running (besides that fact that some people haven't updated their computer since 1970)?

Means said both would work for some period of time (much the way EVE Online ran 2 clients parallel for 18 months a few years ago), then they would drop the old client.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

this is so pathetic... why are you just annoying us

My gimp enfo will now live forever in infamy, vanquished ftw
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Looks like the previously mentioned issue with helmets is resolved, or does that only appear if you plug in the new heads/bodies?
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Ok this thread is pretty depressing and has probably deviated from the path Macrosun (all hail) probably wanted it to take.

Getting the 2 clients to run side by side is hell of an achievement from a programming language perspective especially considering the age of the code in question.

Good job.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

I feel like the extreme lighting is from the fact that everyone has their own lightsource, those might have to be toned down on engine launch.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    I feel like the extreme lighting is from the fact that everyone has their own lightsource, those might have to be toned down on engine launch.
    Yes, Macrosun does state that.
    The Red Brotherhood

congratulations Devs... Visiting Live with new engine, that is astonishing...

Do perks and all work with new engine, I see your shortcut bars are in order. Are all hurdles before public release of graphic nature? Or is there some uggly gameplay issue, that comes before it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Yes, Macrosun does state that.
    Sorry, must have missed it.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast