Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Testlive wipe and server merge testing strategy

Any news on the timing of the next patch to TL?
    Vhab, Ilaliya, and Genele have mentioned there will be another patch for checking the revised naming formula, and other fixes.

Kinnik

BTW.. who do I have to bribe on test to get back my bug finder shirt that you deleted with the characters?

Quote Originally Posted by TharBeDragons View Post
    BTW.. who do I have to bribe on test to get back my bug finder shirt that you deleted with the characters?
    Good thing I haven't claimed anything. On other hand I don't have any idea what I'm elligle for... ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by TharBeDragons View Post
    Heh, I claimed all my rewards on my live toons, muahaha!
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Woot! Research attunement devices work
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Here we go again??

Well Funcom, just when I thought after the GMI debacle that it might be safe to come back game, waiting on the server merge info.... you guys have found a new creative way to stick it to us "older" players yet one more time. Grinding research on 220/70/30 toon's?? Really?? I really don't give a rats butt about city rent. But not being able to use research hud's as they "were intended" thanks for that Genele. 7 yrs 3 account's and several end game toon's tons of friends and a whole hell of a lot of friends and now it sadly has come to and end for me. To those of you who still find that FC has your best interest at hand for your money's worth.. Have fun and enjoy. Just don't hold your breath for a new engine or anything else they promise you. And no you can't have my stuff it goes to my fiends that still play and haven't fully migrated to the best customer service in the MMO world Blizzard Entertainment!!!

Serenitysold 220 soldier
    220 Crat
    220 Doc
    220 MP
    220 MA

World of WarCraft
    Serenthias Warrior lvl 90
    Serenitypray Paladin lvl 87

Diablo III
    Kickinit Monk lvl 60
    Justice Demon hunter lvl 60
    Serensmajix Wizard lvl 60
    Sugarbabeser Barbarian lvl 60

Quote Originally Posted by carolm View Post
    Well Funcom, just when I thought after the GMI debacle that it might be safe to come back game, waiting on the server merge info.... you guys have found a new creative way to stick it to us "older" players yet one more time. Grinding research on 220/70/30 toon's?? Really?? I really don't give a rats butt about city rent. But not being able to use research hud's as they "were intended" thanks for that Genele. 7 yrs 3 account's and several end game toon's tons of friends and a whole hell of a lot of friends and now it sadly has come to and end for me. To those of you who still find that FC has your best interest at hand for your money's worth.. Have fun and enjoy. Just don't hold your breath for a new engine or anything else they promise you. And no you can't have my stuff it goes to my fiends that still play and haven't fully migrated to the best customer service in the MMO world Blizzard Entertainment!!!

Serenitysold 220 soldier
    220 Crat
    220 Doc
    220 MP
    220 MA

World of WarCraft
    Serenthias Warrior lvl 90
    Serenitypray Paladin lvl 87

Diablo III
    Kickinit Monk lvl 60
    Justice Demon hunter lvl 60
    Serensmajix Wizard lvl 60
    Sugarbabeser Barbarian lvl 60
    Did you actually read what it says in the above post, or did you just post this very long and detailed rant without doing so?

And customer service might be all well and good, but when the game is a soulless husk, who cares?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Masta, you know that reading any former knowledge is for L.O.S.E.R.S.?
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Quote Originally Posted by carolm View Post
    the best customer service in the MMO world Blizzard Entertainment!!!
    I lol'd, hard.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Not sure if this will get attention, but on testserver selling items from backpacks seems to be disabled or no longer works. You can still equip items from backpacks, delete items from backpacks, and use items from backpacks but not sell. It just makes an extra step of moving item to inventory then sell terminal.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Not sure if this will get attention, but on testserver selling items from backpacks seems to be disabled or no longer works. You can still equip items from backpacks, delete items from backpacks, and use items from backpacks but not sell. It just makes an extra step of moving item to inventory then sell terminal.
    There's some issues with backpacks on test so those are causing your problems.

Also, don't delete Unique items from backpacks. They'll leave that unique flag on your toon so you won't be able to get the same unique item again.

Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Khlin View Post
    Also, don't delete Unique items from backpacks. They'll leave that unique flag on your toon so you won't be able to get the same unique item again.
    OoOOo is that for live also? Makes a diff for unique items that come in diff ql's.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Funcom employee

OoOOo is that for live also? Makes a diff for unique items that come in diff ql's.
    The only difference it makes is that it leaves your character broken and unable to obtain a certain unique item again

This is a bug that will be fixed on TL with the next patch.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Sorry if I gave you a fright

Was still talking about the issue with the backpacks on test.

Something else i noticed, in new instanced cities. The playfields are nice, HOWEVER, in the large city plot the moment I dropped large HQ my game play started to stutter and lag. With only 1 building. The small city did not lag even with all buildings I could place + whompas.

Is there something extra special graphic wise with instanced large HQ to cause that much video lag? FYI my current large outdoor city causes no lag even when I have dual-tripple logged.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Funcom employee

We're aiming to patch TL this week (likely Thursday).

Like the previous time, TestLive will be wiped clean again.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Thanks for the heads-up Vhab! Will look forward to seeing the results of the fixed name-resolving code.

Also, can I just ask as I have read many forum threads, and kinda worked out how to do it with manual third party code but don't seem to have a direct answer ... settings, including backpacks and items, windows and bars etc.. Will they be preserved by wizardry-magic at your end, or will we really just have to manually compare AOIA databases and re-write them settings ourselves? (well, those handful of us who can write code/run scripts etc)
    Equilibrium may refer to: The condition of a system in which all competing influences are balanced, in a wide variety of contexts
    Infinity may refer to: The state or quality of being infinite. A number greater than any assignable quantity or countable number (symbol ∞).
    Vengeance may refer to: Vengeance (concept) or revenge, a harmful action against a person or group in response to a grievance

AO Item Assistant+ :: https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoiaplus/::

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dream ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Not a rant, not a flame. Just another perspective."

Something else i noticed, in new instanced cities. The playfields are nice, HOWEVER, in the large city plot the moment I dropped large HQ my game play started to stutter and lag. With only 1 building. The small city did not lag even with all buildings I could place + whompas.

Is there something extra special graphic wise with instanced large HQ to cause that much video lag? FYI my current large outdoor city causes no lag even when I have dual-tripple logged.
    That sounds somewhat like an old issue with cities, where some of them, in certain playfields and at certain city spots always caused a major performance drop (by 80-90%), in some cases even when you weren't anywhere near them, only looked towards where they were on the given playfield.

I believe they had to be identified and reported one by one and whatever was the issue had to be fixed manually, over the course of several months. I vaguely recall something regarding incorrect LOD and distance rendering, and some other factors, being involved. Maybe a variation of that has resurfaced with certain buildings/combinations on the instanced playfield?

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Funcom employee

And the wizards in operations patched 18.6.0.7.

hi, isn't there a list of change about this small patch? just curious

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast