Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Testlive wipe and server merge testing strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Guess those people will have to adapt...
    that or find another game that doesn't kick you in the nuts with every patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    that or find another game that doesn't kick you in the nuts with every patch.
    I echo that also.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

There is such a game? A game where no one's pissed at a new patch? Wooooooo!
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Quote Originally Posted by Misat0 View Post
    There is such a game? A game where no one's pissed at a new patch? Wooooooo!
    there's plenty of games that don't reset a year's worth of global grind out of the blue.

That is true, but wasn't what I meant.
    Still I'd like to see a game where no one feels that the devs "kick you in the nuts with every patch".
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    there's plenty of games that don't reset a year's worth of global grind out of the blue.
    Well that is on TL, not live server. I'm sure they could spawn some crazy NPC in the GM PF and get all the global research done in a few mins if necessary.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Seriously guys? You can't have it both ways. For the better part of 2 years+ people have complained about not able to get any teams for anything. Well guess what? Now you get to reap all those QQ posts. Server merge + reset global research = teams galore. Now you will have more teams than you can shake a stick at and get a chance to meet your new cross server merge players. From a FC perspective they have hit the nail on the head to solve that particular whine.

I don't really see the problem with giving you something to do on those mothballed 220's that are still going to be used for pockets or pulling inf missions for your alts anyway.

If lvl 3 HUDS are rest so what...what did you do before? AI 2-3 for comm relays or now db3 modules. In my opinion the player makes the toon not the equipment. Fear not I have another solution for you, get all your yesdrop phats and credits and mail them to me in game and go play something else hahaha.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    If lvl 3 HUDS are rest so what...what did you do before?
    Afaik DB nanos cam AFTER Hud3...

AI 2-3 for comm relays
    Utils 3...

In my opinion the player makes the toon not the equipment.
    Sometimes the equipment is needed to make the player.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Seriously guys? You can't have it both ways. For the better part of 2 years+ people have complained about not able to get any teams for anything. Well guess what? Now you get to reap all those QQ posts. Server merge + reset global research = teams galore. Now you will have more teams than you can shake a stick at and get a chance to meet your new cross server merge players. From a FC perspective they have hit the nail on the head to solve that particular whine.

I don't really see the problem with giving you something to do on those mothballed 220's that are still going to be used for pockets or pulling inf missions for your alts anyway.
    Mothball'd 220's.. wth are you talking about? What toons do you think people are using to do content in game?

lol, what?

I have spent I don't know how much time personally leveling global research on my toons back when it first became available to do so. Why again should I or anyone else that has already done that, have to do it again on finished toons?

I'm sorry, but I am seriously missing the logic here surrounding how anyone can even remotely believe resetting global to be a good idea. Inferno on my first 220 was bad. Inferno on those same 220's (when we had to go back on then finished toons to the same boring area) was horrible but we all did it on multiple toons to get global research and our personal research done. Now someone actually thinks it is reasonable to do that AGAIN, a third time, on finished toons????

I for one enjoy doing endgame content, helping newbies with raids and such. I have no interest at this point in leveling another toon because I don't want to do the same monotonous grind again and again. So now my finished toons that are built to use research attunement devices are screwed unless I go back and grind out inferno a third time on finished toons?

And your reasoning is that this gives us something to do? Are you kidding me? You think people are going to all of a sudden grind research with anything other than toons that will provide the absolute best sk/hour to get it done? We've already done inferno from beginning to end TWICE. IF anyone is crazy enough to actually be bothered to do it a third time I'd hope they'd take their top DD toons and blaze through those missions as fast as humanly possible. I for one will not do it.. it will not happen.. period and I can tell you that if my toons are all of a sudden not playable as I have them set to play because the global isn't done for my attunement devices then I simply won't be playing the game again until they become playable for me.

Though I know its probably not the case, I can't believe funcom can be this short sighted. I'm hoping they at least remove the global research requirement from the attunement devices (there is already no requirement on the most recently added tradeskill attunement device).

If lvl 3 HUDS are rest so what...what did you do before? AI 2-3 for comm relays or now db3 modules. In my opinion the player makes the toon not the equipment. Fear not I have another solution for you, get all your yesdrop phats and credits and mail them to me in game and go play something else hahaha.
    You know what.. you're just been an a-hat at this point with that last comment. This issue with global research isn't a bunch of whiny entitled people complaining. A lot of the posts I've seen are coming from folks like me that took the time/effort to grind global research the first go round. Stop being such a troll and recognize that not everyone wants to redo a mind numbing grind... again due to a server merge that is not our fault.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jan 22nd, 2013 at 00:47:02.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Echo Jill's post -

But...let me ask you this question.

Right now - the only folks on LFT to any degree are <220s begging for a roller for inferno missions. Many are to the point of paying someone to roll for them.

Do you really think people are going to group up to do inferno missions - for global research?
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Hmm I wonder whether there isn't an element here of whether FC need to look to the present player-base or to a new player base?

I've been keeping track of this game for a very long time - and it has often been the case that most people who have left the game for any length of time, either don't return or they return for a relatively short period of very active time and then hang on for a while being relatively inactive in game. Bringing a bunch of people back for a few months isn't going to really change the position of the game at present - which I think we all have to agree, is very much weaker than it has ever been in the past.

There is of course still a small population that is active in the game and we could say that it's important for FC to target the needs and desires of that group.

But with a different perspective, one could argue that what AO really needs is new players to come in and breathe some real new life into the game. Extensive rebalancing, new graphics engine and the planned redesigned New Player Experience might even combine to achieve that goal to some extent. One might also argue that bringing in a swathe of new players, leveling up through a range of levels and with the extra goal of also earning research etc, might not be an altogether bad thing for the game....

I'm not saying that one point of view is better or worse than the other. I'm just saying, that there are other ways for FC to view these decisions, than purely from the perspective of one of the few active players with a bank of 220 toons...

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

imo its FC game to do whatever they want. Until they shut the servers ill play. The ones that leave wont be missed and will be replaced with new players. Its as simple as that.
    Big "T"
    President of Nocturnal Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Thwarn View Post
    imo its FC game to do whatever they want. Until they shut the servers ill play. The ones that leave wont be missed and will be replaced with new players. Its as simple as that.
    This is the attitude that, historically, Funcom has taken and that is part of the problem with the population now I think.
    You can find me at:

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    And your reasoning is that this gives us something to do? Are you kidding me? You think people are going to all of a sudden grind research with anything other than toons that will provide the absolute best sk/hour to get it done?
    Yea I do think will do it again and I bet FC does too. In fact I predict Inf will be jammed packed with teams for at least 1-3months it takes to get research done. If it does get reset.

You know what.. you're just been an a-hat at this point with that last comment. This issue with global research isn't a bunch of whiny entitled people complaining.
    I always had thought you were a pretty decent player but the more I see your responses to some REALITY posts I put up you seem closer to the self serving player that makes new players dislike this game.

Maybe I'm just indifferent, i've lived a good many years in AO with a philosophy of adapt and survive or quit. I trully feel that for a 10yr old+ game some of you guys take things waay to seriously like this is your life or something. Grow up and learn to adapt to changes. You seem to think the louder you are the more likely your feelings will get validated by others on the forums. AO devs are going to do what they want to do regardeless of what we post. Either way i'll be fine.

I can swap different gear around to make do until research is back to lvl 3. Any vet should be able to without all this QQ.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I always had thought you were a pretty decent player but the more I see your responses to some REALITY posts I put up you seem closer to the self serving player that makes new players dislike this game.
    Most of the posts that I see from you are borderline ridiculous in nature so I'm not sure what you mean by "REALITY" posts. I generally try not to comment on them, to be honest, because I've seen the ridiculous back and forth that you go through with others and it seems pointless to try to reason with the unreasonable.

That being said, how any of my posts can be perceived as something that makes me a self-serving player that makes new players dislike this game is beyond me. I've been a champion, in game, of new players for years not by forum posts but by my actions in game. Taking the time to sit with new players and teach them the game via seminars, raids, teams.. providing people with opportunities to do things that they normally wouldn't be able to do.

Quite often when I have posted on the forums it wasn't because the action would adversely affect me but because I saw it would adversely affect others I play with. For instance, the price of cities will never affect me. Funcom can institute as many credit sinks as they wish and they wouldn't come close to touching the credits I have stored on accounts. Does that mean that I shouldn't say something when I feel that it would harm others? Now resetting global is something that is near and dear to my heart because *raises hand* hi, I helped farm global research way back when. And yes, I remember how annoying it was to go back on 220 toons and do inferno again. So if I'm going to speak out on things I think adversely affect others (but may not impact me) you can bet I will speak out on things that affect me directly.

Not wanting to repeat boring inferno missions isn't me being self-serving.. well maybe it is.. I mean I don't even know how to defend the fact that having to go back there and regrind that global research is ridiculous because it should be blatantly obvious why it is the case. I personally would rather spend my time helping others, doing raids, teaching newbies, running seminars and social events and not spending hours in inferno just so I can again be as effective as I was on my toons pre-merge.

If you think that is selfish then I guess I'm selfish.

Now Funcom can do what they want.. it is there game. But as a customer, we are all able to voice our opinions on the direction of the game and let them know what we like and don't like. We can also speak with our wallets as well by choosing to not pay and we can speak with our time by choosing not to participate in an activity (even if we are doing other things).
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jan 22nd, 2013 at 04:24:17.
    You can find me at:

*shrug* this won't help the majority if it is being done to encourage 220's to get back into inferno mishs, last time we did global research guess the best way? A team of end game dd toons plowing through inf hards in 10-20 minutes.
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

Yea I do think will do it again and I bet FC does too. In fact I predict Inf will be jammed packed with teams for at least 1-3months it takes to get research done.
    Hahaha, 1 to 3 months. So funny, a larger population took 12 months to get it done. We might get all the level 1's for huds and the first mech or two done in 3 months with the current player base.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Gaveup View Post
    *shrug* this won't help the majority if it is being done to encourage 220's to get back into inferno mishs, last time we did global research guess the best way? A team of end game dd toons plowing through inf hards in 10-20 minutes.
    I remember those. Take 4 consisting of shades, ma's, sols, 1 crat with carlo and 1 doc on a team. Hard's take 20 minutes tops. Easy's can be done in 5 minutes with a non-healing dd team. It does not take long of this fast paced missions to burn out on them. A week or two tops and everyone will be hating inf so bad. Think we have to do this almost non-stop for a 12 months. Yuck.

That was before Xan weapons and DB gear. Hard's might be sub 10 minutes with 220/30/70 toons in Xan and DB gear.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

That being said, how any of my posts can be perceived as something that makes me a self-serving player that makes new players dislike this game is beyond me.
    Wait for it...wait for it...here it comes.

I've been a champion, in game, of new players for years not by forum posts but by my actions in game. Taking the time to sit with new players and teach them the game via seminars, raids, teams.. providing people with opportunities to do things that they normally wouldn't be able to do.

If you think that is selfish then I guess I'm selfish.
    I and countless others have helped plenty of new players in AO we just don't all thump our chests about it all the time.

So yes pat yourself on the back some more because it's always about you right?

Now Funcom can do what they want.. it is there game. But as a customer, we are all able to voice our opinions on the direction of the game and let them know what we like and don't like. We can also speak with our wallets as well by choosing to not pay and we can speak with our time by choosing not to participate in an activity (even if we are doing other things).
    Exactly the REALITY I posted. You don't like it leave. If doing research is sooo unbearable because your toon can't possibly function without lvl 3 research you can choose to voice you displeasure by not paying for AO and playing. Maybe I should post with smaller words if you don't understand sometimes I am devils advocate for FC and give a different perspective as to "possibly" why something is the way it is in game.

But what I don't do is instantly resort to name calling like a playground forum/bully drowning out any opinion that doesn't agree with mine.

PS when you finally get so fed up you actually quit AO feel free to in game mail me your yesdrops and credits. I will still accept them even from some one who is rude to me.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwarn View Post

Like when they killed pvp with no loot on kill, bad gas areas, new title farms, unbalanced notum wars, broken and bugged BS.

All those players got replaced?
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast