Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Testlive wipe and server merge testing strategy

No, these will also get new IDs.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

You may be able to keep your old backpack names following this guide:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=603454

And I may try to make an online version of this if I find the time... However, it's not 100% sure.

I tried like 2 hours or so, then I was able to login. From what I can tell everything is there. Now on my old account that was created in 2001 says it is still merging.

Vhab is the little mouse Icon next to the cogwheel going to stay when you mouse over objects like the bank or grid terminal. I'm asking cause it looks cool and I feel it will help new players.

Error - Character Merge In Progress

You do not have access to this dimension while your characters are being merged.

Still tapping foot

WhyCantWe "Belp" BeFriends
    Hate "Belph" Shade
    "Belph0" Mk2
    Care "Calming" Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashford View Post
    I think your cute <3

I logged in today and had the In progress error but only the first time I tried. The second attempt came up with my characters just fine.

Now I just have to decide whether I should replicate all of the various MPs that I used to have on test. I had planned to run a couple of new characters through the NPE, when it comes, so I may just start from scratch again.

Decisions, decisions....

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Quote Originally Posted by Belph View Post
    Error - Character Merge In Progress

You do not have access to this dimension while your characters are being merged.

Still tapping foot
    2 days and counting on all 3 of my paid accounts with same message. Froob account is fine and logged in straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    It's not broken.
    The reset is intentional.
    Would you be able to go into detail as to what FC is trying to accomplish by doing so?

I can understand if you wanted to reset to make everyone start off on same foot but on both servers all the global research has already been done so what exactly are you trying to achieve here? Also, a lot of the global research was done years ago when the population was large enough to make it relatively painless. Not the same now, if i have to point put the obvious.

A lot of chars(endgame and twink) carefully thought out setup with no unnecessary IP spent are based on those huds and them being available to swap in and out as needed.
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Quote Originally Posted by Blindedeyes View Post
    Vhab is the little mouse Icon next to the cogwheel going to stay when you mouse over objects like the bank or grid terminal. I'm asking cause it looks cool and I feel it will help new players.
    Those mousecursors were teased several years ago, I guess they're part of the New Player Experience update. So yeah, they'll stay. Although they're not very friendly on a high PPI monitor, at lesat I'm having trouble seeing what they're supposed to be on my monitor at home, which is 109 or so PPI...
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Me and several others rely on the huds that we have already helped do the research for to be available, it will severely cripple most of my characters since I use them to buff and to twink, I might as well not play until the global research is done since it would require me to spend billions on toons that are already finished in order to be able to use what they are already able to use :S

For mechs, don't really care about those, you can reset those.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    i can't buff without blue hud
    Shall I log my trader for you ? :/
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    I might as well not play until the global research is done...
    I find it kind of funny that, although you want the benefits of global research, you aren't willing to help out everyone else in re-researching. Just an observation, considering I don't think this is such a huge deal.
    AO - JukeJoint "Nuhmudiira" Jezebel - 208/18 Trader - Omni

Quote Originally Posted by Nuhmudiira View Post
    I find it kind of funny that, although you want the benefits of global research, you aren't willing to help out everyone else in re-researching. Just an observation, considering I don't think this is such a huge deal.
    I already did that and I remember how long it took, so no thank you, I'd rather play something else and have friends let me know when it's done.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuhmudiira View Post
    It will take averagely one year to do the global researchs again ^^ And nobody really want to refarm it for a whole year while all the non froob twink and 70% of 220's are broken
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Does it even matter if those are reset, for anything? You're all going "we can't equip this or that", but has anyone actually tried that or is it just speculation. AO, after all, hasn't proven to have the strongest of logic in terms of "if this, then that" and just does more of a "this happened, now this forever" thing. So unless they go in and run through all chars to make them no longer be research 3 flagged...
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Does it even matter if those are reset, for anything? You're all going "we can't equip this or that", but has anyone actually tried that or is it just speculation. AO, after all, hasn't proven to have the strongest of logic in terms of "if this, then that" and just does more of a "this happened, now this forever" thing. So unless they go in and run through all chars to make them no longer be research 3 flagged...
    Yes, the "perk" for research attunement devices are cleared for characters on testlive atleast so you won't be able to wear those devices.

The perks are gone atleast the devices can't be leveled anymore...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

11 of my twinks rely on HUD3 from LE to buff prior to fight and few of them need swap items depends on target/fighting situation - having this item in "handy" I can say, that LE HUDs allowed me to save many of IP and build some unique setups I chose to use, and I find them very effective. Now, giving away those HUDS will basicly cripple half of my characters to the point I can' use them in way I was able to.

Other thing: those characters build around NR1 (lvl 150-200 specificly) will get huge nerf because Nano Hud3 (in BS situation), compared to ones that have already hud 3 equipped (Damage one and evade one).

Secondly: doing all global research from scratch will be pain in (you know where) and may result in situation, where many players will just abbandon game due taking away something we used to have, what we worked for.

And last one: I, my self, would join to re-research it, but seriosly I dont see any logic behind that. But truly, I doubt I would stand 1 year of PVMiong just to be able to PVP.

I mean, we have waited for populated servers since 3-4 years, thats LONG time, dear FC. Now, when Merge is awaking lots of players, now when we can get tons of PVP and PVM, when we got chances to meet new players, and newcomers, you want FORCE us to do once again thing we, oldies, dont want to do in hardcore manner? Its not a good move.

Besides, all orgs will get their notum fields wiped, right? So, first 1-2 months WILL be about PVP, and then what, 1 year (if not twice more) of PVMing for research? Its BAD BAD BAD.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    11 of my twinks rely on HUD3 from LE to buff prior to fight and few of them need swap items depends on target/fighting situation - having this item in "handy" I can say, that LE HUDs allowed me to save many of IP and build some unique setups I chose to use, and I find them very effective. Now, giving away those HUDS will basicly cripple half of my characters to the point I can' use them in way I was able to.

Other thing: those characters build around NR1 (lvl 150-200 specificly) will get huge nerf because Nano Hud3 (in BS situation), compared to ones that have already hud 3 equipped (Damage one and evade one).

Secondly: doing all global research from scratch will be pain in (you know where) and may result in situation, where many players will just abbandon game due taking away something we used to have, what we worked for.

And last one: I, my self, would join to re-research it, but seriosly I dont see any logic behind that. But truly, I doubt I would stand 1 year of PVMiong just to be able to PVP.

I mean, we have waited for populated servers since 3-4 years, thats LONG time, dear FC. Now, when Merge is awaking lots of players, now when we can get tons of PVP and PVM, when we got chances to meet new players, and newcomers, you want FORCE us to do once again thing we, oldies, dont want to do in hardcore manner? Its not a good move.

Besides, all orgs will get their notum fields wiped, right? So, first 1-2 months WILL be about PVP, and then what, 1 year (if not twice more) of PVMing for research? Its BAD BAD BAD.
    get CI and stop crying,noone cares
    Neutralizers

Enfomax01
    Cratishe
    Maxone
    Leetkilluh
    Moltenfury
    Enfomax
    Onemax

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post

Guess those people will have to adapt...
    The Red Brotherhood

Yep low level twinks are in OE because I built them right to the exact points needed with the swaps of LE devices. In one case, no swap means no buffs means weapons are OE as well. Toon completely useless.

If you read my other post I have logged on test and checked this.

So in response to your other post about having to adapt, well that is easy as I will not pay for a game that suddenly and without warning changes the rules. Yep my form of adaption works damn well.

It will take at least a year to fully farm inf missions to get the research back. And last I checked if everyone is farming inf missions all the time who is making any money to pay for the new higher city cost.

I just don't see an army of 220's spending hours and hours farming inf missions to put XP into global research and us being done in less than a year or even more.

You have ranted about them needing to push us into larger orgs for the good of community. Well redoing research is going to push us into teams of 6 for months to come. Not sure how that is good for the community. And don't say there are other ways to get it done, as we all know AO players will do it the fast most cost effective way and that is inf hard's. So it will be teams of 6 220/30/70's farming non stop for a year. That is not community, it is forced labor.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast