Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Testlive wipe and server merge testing strategy

Should we be seeing Only 8 character slots for paid accounts? I thought we were getting something more than 8 for paid accounts and froob accounts were only 8.

Kinnik

Funcom employee

The character slot changes are currently not on Testlive, nor are they intended to be right now.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Have to wonder why Ilalya needed the account guys, as he explicitly said they were needed for the char slot move...

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    Basically we're coordinating several key resources around the company. Billing guys need to be involved due to new character selection system (to support increased character slots) because this happens at the account level which is their domain, DBA because we're merging servers, some back-end tools/tech people, hardware guys because it's new hardware. The people involved are all at different locations/time-zones and this is something we knew up-front.

Unfortunately, the announced restructuring increases the difficulty of this coordination because many of them are leads of their own teams and therefore involved in the ongoing meetings related to the announcement. Everybody involved agrees this needs to happen ASAP, it's just a matter of the key people being able to pull the trigger and do their piece at the same time. I've been having the "I know we are restructuring the entire company, but Anarchy Online needs to get this patch to TestLive" conversation more than daily.

You are absolutely correct that this is why I used the words tentatively scheduled.
    Last edited by Maofex; Jan 19th, 2013 at 02:37:36.
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Maofex View Post
    Have to wonder why Ilalya needed the account guys, as he explicitly said they were needed for the char slot move...
    Yes, we did need them as there were technical changes to support this which involved their assistance.
    But we also have intentionally not changed the amount of char slots yet.

It's a test server. We test things on the test server.
    Everything on the test server is subject to change and may not represent how it ends up on live.
    Have patience, we will get to it. There will be at least 1 more patch for TL.

Our focus right now with this patch is to get the actual server merge tested by players.

Meanwhile, go ctrl-click things to attack \o/
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

fair enough, it just sounded a bit dodgy when you said it
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

For those who are wondering how the new cities look like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tQ4WT67j5E
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    The character slot changes are currently not on Testlive, nor are they intended to be right now.
    So how do we test all our toons then? For name issues or other merge problems?

Kinnik

You select some from each server, and from what I've seen so far.. it's easy to distinguish them, unless you have chars on both servers with the eame name, at the same level...

can u use Fraps to capture AO_Vid´s

http://www.chip.de/downloads/FRAPS-L..._13007435.html

ur not a beginner in making vid´s cmon
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    For those who are wondering how the new cities look like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tQ4WT67j5E
    Yay, I was in the vid at 10:57

Anyway, good stuff... Though, "some TL members are a little upset" (or something like that, can't remember) does seem like an understatement right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Brampfine View Post
    can u use Fraps to capture AO_Vid´s

http://www.chip.de/downloads/FRAPS-L..._13007435.html

ur not a beginner in making vid´s cmon
    Once again, I will state. I do not have time to capture videos files which takes GIGS, then recompress, edit, upload, re-edit and publish.

I use the flip because it just point and click, edit on the fly and upload. Today my 12yr old niece ended up in the hospital, wasn't even planning on recording or uploading a vid, but I did it to keep my mind away from the worry.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Maofex View Post
    You select some from each server, and from what I've seen so far.. it's easy to distinguish them, unless you have chars on both servers with the eame name, at the same level...
    Yes ... you missed my point, after 8 characters have been checked on TL, how do I check the remaining ones? Are we supposed to delete prior ones, if I do that I can't go back and check anything else or re-check them after any additional TL patches.

Kinnik

Quote Originally Posted by TradeCorp View Post
    It's going to be brutal this whole server migration. People will be missing limbs and some people will have other peoples arms and legs and all BoCs will now in fact be hats that point outward like a cap.

The inhumanity!
    Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Error - Character Merge In Progress

You do not have access to this dimension while your characters are being merged.

Passed 10 hours since first try and still getting same error ?
    Neutralizers

Enfomax01
    Cratishe
    Maxone
    Leetkilluh
    Moltenfury
    Enfomax
    Onemax

Yay so where back on this morning NOT, Error - Character Merge In Progress

You do not have access to this dimension while your characters are being merged.

Any idea on when we should be able to log in? Thanks for any help.

ohh im not alone
    Neutralizers

Enfomax01
    Cratishe
    Maxone
    Leetkilluh
    Moltenfury
    Enfomax
    Onemax

Error - Character Merge In Progress

My one and only live character must have a lot of data to transfer

I retried after 10 seconds and it was ready.

Mine is still not working. Going to blame Vhab and for unrelated reasons, the time zone of the damned.
    Act Well your part, for Within lies all honor.

---------------------------------------------------

Darkwillow : *°°° Queen of Storm *°°°
    Milk 'Hotcow' Factory ^^MOO MOO^^
    Thomas 'Ceryx' Tomato
    --Blackmail--
    Kiyoko 'Purk' Whites
    Shu 'Zecret' Shan

Browsing since 2002.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast