Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Over and out for Funcom?

Over and out for Funcom?

This probable doesn't have any connection to the delay to beta invites, but the economical news headlines reads "All Funcom stock trading stopped - Economic crimes unit at the Funcom offices".

Apparently there's been some trickery in the FC stock price and dubious trading. For those who read norwegian, a link to the article is here: http://e24.no/boers-og-finans/boersp...tedet/22740513 - google translate here: http://translate.google.com/translat...det%2F22740513

Really hope this doesn't mean it's the end of FC...
    Perky - 220 dmg freak crat
    Bitcrusher - 220 MP
    Shadowofbit - 220 Shade - It's best from behind!!!
    Advocrusher - 200 Lovechild
    Wdfourty - levling engie
    Docfoo - 165 Doc twink - Retired
    ----

Does not suprise me at all...
    Last edited by Google; Jan 29th, 2014 at 11:14:18.

Over and out for Funcom?

According to Norwegian news, Funcom headquarters in Norway are being "raided" by ecocrime police.

The Funcom stock has been put on hold for now.

http://www.na24.no/article3748525.ece
    Edis - Level 220 AI29 - Atrox, Keeper.
    Azazel0 - Level 220 AI17 - Solitus, Adventurer.
    Deadbaby - Level 216 AI20 - Opifex, Agent

Funcom may be finished. Let a new company buy out the games and actually do something with them.

That article says they are being investigated for trading in other share markets and evading a little tax here and there. Well I can promise you they are not alone, starbucks pays no tax in the UK.

They where also investigated, and trading also frozen for the UK sector while that went on, 12 months later and coffee still happens.

I would expect some kind of official response, if not here then on the FC site at least.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Official reply from Funcom:

"Økokrim (the Norwegian National authority for Investigation and Prosecution of Economic and Environmental Crime) has charged Funcom N.V. based on su****ion of infringement of the provisions of the Securities Trading Act with regards to the financial information given to the market regarding The Secret World from August 2011 until the launch of the game in July 2012 and the two months following the launch. In the view of Økokrim, there also exists a probability that the company has not maintained the required log of information within the company during that time.

The Company is fully cooperating with Økokrim".

We can only hope that if the worst happen some other company will buy out licence,copyrights and hire best programmers and developers from FC and continue AO ...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

If this is just another insider trading dealy it should not affect Funcom in any earthshaking way.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

i hope this game is bought by another company cuz funcom sux

Quote Originally Posted by Difs View Post
    In what way exactly do FC suck. I have to disagree with you. FC have bought me plenty f hours of enjoyable entertainment. Yeah, some things they have done are questionable, but to say they as a whole suck sint realy fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtrauma View Post
    If this is just another insider trading dealy it should not affect Funcom in any earthshaking way.
    I think it's the most obvious reason out there...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

If thks goes to hell. I really hope ao gets bought up and carried on.. its the game i always goes back to.. no matter how many breaks i take..
    For the funz....

Quote Originally Posted by fakiiri View Post
    Don't wait too much for your invites:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/29/535...-investigation
    Delisted and under investigation. This will end well.

Quote Originally Posted by Difs View Post
    Right, let's see how long AO stays online if FC gets bought up by SoE ^^

I doubt it would be SOE. It will probably be some no name korean brand or none at all. The right to IPs would be the real treasure not the game. You would see AO2 by a company that actually cares.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    I doubt it would be SOE. It will probably be some no name korean brand or none at all. The right to IPs would be the real treasure not the game. You would see AO2 by a company that actually cares.
    You'd see AO2 as another WoW clone if anyone else than funcom made it.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Quote Originally Posted by ultion View Post
    Delisted and under investigation. This will end well.
    Well, the case has only been building since just before TSW launched... and back then everyone wanted it. Now noone wants it, but hey here it suddenly is. Those under scrutiny are no longer with FC.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast