Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Active/Inactive Character Slots

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    As mentioned before, we're going to announce the rules regarding naming conflicts in due time.
    Don't forget about 'rerolled' characters. F.ex:

RK1: Character "XXXX", born 2005-01-01; deleted and remade on same (or linked) account on 2012-01-02;
    RK2: Character "XXXX", born 2012-01-01

RK1 character should keep the name, imo.
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

The org city voucher - how is that going to reflect what the contents of the original org city held? Say a barebones QL100 basic HQ vs a full QL300 everything with bells, whistles, benches, statues and a Sauna?

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

So are froobs going to login after the merger and suddenly find they can only have 3 characters "activated" like AoC's "F2P"?

Haha, id be suprised if funcom only allows froobs to activate 3. Imagine the emorage. This all looks like a simple set of decissions that funcom has already decided on. They are not stupid people, so with resonable faith I expect all this is going to go well.

I can also see myself buying 5 extra slots for say 30 dollars, so there are good paid services that can come from this. Deactivating a char would have to be silly cheap, or buying slots silly expensive to be worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I'll bet a single char slot will be 30$ tho
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Nah, FC wouldn't be so stupid as to reduce active character slots, even for froobs.

Oooh, new question! We have RK0, RK1, RK2, RK3, and even RK4 - what will the new merged server be known as?

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    Nah, FC wouldn't be so stupid as to reduce active character slots, even for froobs.

Oooh, new question! We have RK0, RK1, RK2, RK3, and even RK4 - what will the new merged server be known as?
    For technical reasons I believe it ended up as RK4.
    I have fought a battle to avoid it and make it RK5, but unfortunately it was not to be.

Fun thing to know, TL is technically RK9
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

I have fought a battle to avoid it and make it RK5, but unfortunately it was not to be.

Personally I like the RK0 option.
    In addition I will have to change the Speak bot and AOSpeak server to match. I have TestLive as RK4.

RK9 it is!

Vhab, check your PM's when you get a chance....
    DROP TABLE AO.Secret_Nerf_Table

AOSpeak Site
    Join AOSpeak, the Anarchy Online Teamspeak 3 server!
    Send /tell speak help for more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    Haven't seen them deny it, have you?

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    We are not reducing character slots. Just because I don't refute a given post doesn't mean that it's true. The nature of forums is accepting some degree of speculation and misinformation, because it's simply not possible to answer everything. In fact, I specifically talk about increasing character slots here, and other places. I never once mention decreasing character slots. So no, we're not decreasing character slots for froobs. They'll have 8 slots on an account per dimension, same as today. To repeat myself: subscribers will get a few extra for free, we'll earmark some for bundling with offer/deals, and then there will be some available as a paid service.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    We are not reducing character slots. Just because I don't refute a given post doesn't mean that it's true. The nature of forums is accepting some degree of speculation and misinformation, because it's simply not possible to answer everything. In fact, I specifically talk about increasing character slots here, and other places. I never once mention decreasing character slots. So no, we're not decreasing character slots for froobs. They'll have 8 slots on an account per dimension, same as today. To repeat myself: subscribers will get a few extra for free, we'll earmark some for bundling with offer/deals, and then there will be some available as a paid service.
    See? Now was that so hard?

Doh, stop disturbing devs let them work. 4 is a good number. Long live RK4.

So how will froobs with accoumts on multiple dimensions survive?

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesmith View Post

But where do I live then they are coming and taking my rk4? How will I pay for AO?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesmith View Post

What is the question? Survive what? I think that's explained very clearly now O.o
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    What is the question? Survive what? I think that's explained very clearly now O.o
    8 slots RK1 + 8 slots on RK2 > 8 slots on RK4.

So what will happen is those will be 16 inactive chars and you get to pick 8 that will be playable and 8 will remain locked until the time of your choosing when you expand your account slot number or delete a few you play and reactivate old ones you do not have room for.

For paids it will be a bit better 8 slots RK1 + 8 slots on RK2 ~ 8+(tobedetermined) slots on RK4.

Doesn't really matter for froobs since you can make endless number of accounts, just a fair warning for those who don't do it. It's good to know that even for hardcore froobs there will be probably a paid service that can expand their account slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    You are a terrorist that killed a billion donkeys and robbed a bank last week in New Zealand!

I haven't see you deny it, have I?
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    You are a terrorist that killed a billion donkeys and robbed a bank last week in New Zealand!

I haven't see you deny it, have I?
    Why would I deny it?

my question, is Why not give those with Game Seniority more slots for free 1 per year, and if they deactivate take it away? like for example, my account was made in November 2001, why not give people that have been with the game since then or earlier more as a dedication to the game?

also those that have inactive accounts do they not get merged?
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

Why wouldn't they get merged? It says right there in the post that all accounts will be merged in to the new server automatically, BUT if you LOG IN you will JUMP right out of your place in the queue and RUSH AHEAD to stand in the Priority Boarding line, instead of waiting with all the inactive plebs.
    The Red Brotherhood

Clearly RK666 would be way more hardcore! ;(
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast