Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Active/Inactive Character Slots

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    Has there been any thought about allowing those of us with multiple linked accounts to be able to log toons from a "pool" of toons equal to the number of paid accounts.

Example - I have 4 accounts and want to log a set of 4 toons, but currently 2 are on the same account. Now I have to pay to move toons around on my linked accounts. What I would like would be to have my pool of 32 toons and be able to pick any 4 to log and play.
    I love this idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post

This actually came up last week when we were talking about it.

Obviously, the easier solution is to obtain a new character slot (either through a promotion, or paid service)... as you point out, we could sell de-activating for a fraction of the price... for example, if you want to put a character on ice for awhile. But from a player's standpoint it seems like it would have to be really cheap when compared to the price of a character slot to be worthwhile. Because the character slot is an upgrade that you'll always have. Adding the functionality in the future to de-activate a character as a paid service is entirely possible in code, but it's just work on our end, and obviously there's no point in doing extra work if we don't see much interest in the functionality. When the server migration happens, all the characters will be set to inactive anyway, so you'll get to pick which ones you want to make active.

Do you have a specific scenario in mind?
    Mostly what I was thinking of was for folks who may have multiple 220's and want room for a new toon to play and don't want to just delete a finished 220 toon. Sometimes we don't have the funds to buy an additional slot and maybe we are hoping for a future promotion to bring that inactive 220 back someday.

I was not thinking of cycling a group of buffing toons thru an open slot unless it was allowed for free or a very very low cost. I have a number of toons ... probably a whole account's worth or more ... that I only use for buffing or helpping others in places like TotW and Foreman's. These were the toons I would have cycled thru an open slot if we were allowed to de-activate and re-activate toons ourselves instead of a paid service. It would be too costly if it requires using paid points.

Kinnik

deactivate toon, drag toon to another account, extra toon slot.
    Will they be possible? Yes
    Will they cost money? , of course they will.
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

People should be able to desactivate characters in near future. Just saying...
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

why would you want to deactivate toons if you can have infinite active ones?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesmith View Post
    Because of the cost of buying infinite active slots?

Also with server consolidation, mules will want to be initially transferred over in order to combine up their inventories, then a fair few can be chucked if their extra space isn't needed to free up slots, e.g. for more move-then-delete mules.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    Because of the cost of buying infinite active slots?

Also with server consolidation, mules will want to be initially transferred over in order to combine up their inventories, then a fair few can be chucked if their extra space isn't needed to free up slots, e.g. for more move-then-delete mules.
    all my mules are on froob accounts.

Sounds all clear to me.

Then the next question mainly if one account has more caracters then able to get activated: When after the merger, Will it be possible to Xfer a deactivated caracter between accounts before you activate it? (or does the caracter have to be active before you can tranfer one caracter between accounts?)

good question indeed.
    When we have overflow on an account.
    We should be able to transfer the overflow to the other account, since it technically "funcom's fault" for suddenly limiting the amount of characters we can play on that account.
    Last edited by orochi3; Oct 18th, 2012 at 18:12:59.
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesmith View Post
    Because you cant have infinite active ones? :P You can have infinite deactive ones!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Active player names

My question is off beam slightly, and I'm sure it's been covered somewhere! What happens after server merge to different players alts with the same name? For example, I have a 220 end game alt all nicely done. I notice there is a player on the other server with a lowbie alt of the same name who hasn't logged in for a couple of years. How does this work? If he/she suddenly logs in, do I 'lose' the name I have? Or do I or he/she become something with a number on the end?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    I guess a tangent question -

Has there been any thought about allowing those of us with multiple linked accounts to be able to log toons from a "pool" of toons equal to the number of paid accounts.

Example - I have 4 accounts and want to log a set of 4 toons, but currently 2 are on the same account. Now I have to pay to move toons around on my linked accounts. What I would like would be to have my pool of 32 toons and be able to pick any 4 to log and play.
    Now that would rock! It's doesn't "cost" anything to FC really, if you want to dual-log, you have to pay for two subs, etc. What it would allow is only have one CM-dispenser, one GSF-monkey, etc and being able to use that on all your toons, instead of having one on at least two accs. Allows more slots for "real" toons.

Plx consider that, would surely make lot of people happy!

Quote Originally Posted by botbolter View Post
    My question is off beam slightly, and I'm sure it's been covered somewhere! What happens after server merge to different players alts with the same name? For example, I have a 220 end game alt all nicely done. I notice there is a player on the other server with a lowbie alt of the same name who hasn't logged in for a couple of years. How does this work? If he/she suddenly logs in, do I 'lose' the name I have? Or do I or he/she become something with a number on the end?

Cheers
    I too wish to know the answer to this.

In addtion to this, what about Org transfers?
    If they are transferred what about duplicated Org names?

Who gets to keep the org name? Is there a way to reserve our org names so no one else can create an org with our name?

Do org's get transferred along with a toon? For instance the leader of the org activates the "President" toon, does he have to remake the org and setup the city all over again and start placing towers (let the fighting begin!) etc....
    DROP TABLE AO.Secret_Nerf_Table

AOSpeak Site
    Join AOSpeak, the Anarchy Online Teamspeak 3 server!
    Send /tell speak help for more information.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Teknologist View Post
    In addtion to this, what about Org transfers?
    If they are transferred what about duplicated Org names?
    We have a method, that's been triple-checked for fairness. However, if I reveal it someone will probably figure out a way to game it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teknologist View Post
    Do org's get transferred along with a toon? For instance the leader of the org activates the "President" toon, does he have to remake the org and setup the city all over again and start placing towers (let the fighting begin!) etc....
    The reason I've been telling players long in advance to make sure their org has a leader which isn't on an inactive account / hasn't been deleted, or anything strange like that... is because the org literally gets transferred with the president. However, we are giving out vouchers for the org leaders to use to remake their cities because we've vastly improved the instanced cities and we want orgs to be able to re-do their choices.

The reason I've been telling players long in advance to make sure their org has a leader which isn't on an inactive account / hasn't been deleted, or anything strange like that... is because the org literally gets transferred with the president. However, we are giving out vouchers for the org leaders to use to remake their cities because we've vastly improved the instanced cities and we want orgs to be able to re-do their choices.
    This vast improvement is internal only, still, right? Also, can we get more info on what will happen to the plots where cities exist outside? Will they disappear and original terrain remade as much as possible? Will there be a rush for cities when the server opens up?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

is because the org literally gets transferred with the president.
    So, only president is in org when transfered, and all other members need to rejoin?
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Maofex View Post
    So, only president is in org when transfered, and all other members need to rejoin?
    Members automatically rejoin the organization, but do lose their rank.
    (The latter part is for security and technical reasons).

This basically happens the first time you log into your account.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Maofex View Post
    No. Nobody will need to rejoin. It's just that transferring the (entire) organization requires an org leader.

So back to my question .........

What happens when alts with the same name join the same server?

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by botbolter View Post
    So back to my question .........

What happens when alts with the same name join the same server?
    As mentioned before, we're going to announce the rules regarding naming conflicts in due time.
    There will be an announcement that explains everything server merge.

Until then, just sit tight
    There's nothing you can (or have to) do now to secure your character name.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast