Thread: Silence In the Laboratory

Silence In the Laboratory

A rush of fresh air whips the dust up into swirls that choke as the seal is breached for the first time in many days.
    Notum-enriched spiders have done brilliant work making the once frequented meeting place seem like an ancient tomb - with glowing strands of notum webbing swept over the scientific apparatus.

Data pads still flicker on the central table as their power cells cling on to the last joules of life. Articles such as level 200 PvP techniques and some ancient report of a rebalance, barely illuminating the hall with a faint green light.

Its easy to imagine how this was once a place of discourse and learning in its day, however the din of conversation has left to be replaced with the echoes of your foot falls through countless chambers.

As you progress - you realise your initial conclusion that some calamity must have lead to the desertion of this place might be false. There is no signs of struggle or damage, no corpses and nothing left unfinished.

As you peruse its history at a terminal, you realise this repository of knowledge here is practically absolute - there isn't a topic or field of science left un-researched.
    And then you find it! The reason you came, the question you had - an article exists in the datastream which answers your query completely.
    Lucky thing too! As there didn't appear to be anyone to ask...

As you make your way back out of the facility, holding the datachip containing your answer firmly in your grip - you take time to pause and reflect in the central chamber.

Suddenly it becomes clear that the fate of any laboratory when science concludes and there are no more questions - is to become a library, infrequently and briefly visited by novice knowledge seekers and perhaps the odd nostalgic elder.

You consider staying and trying to meet the next person to come this way, but its dark, lonely and the gleaming metals and luminous liquids of the scientific machines around you give the air a cold chill.

So you leave.

10/10
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

I put on my robe and wizard hat...
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Ran out of gasoline and road flares to throw around. Expecting a shipment of both shortly after the graphics update. And a ton to arrive shortly after rebalance
    Last edited by Belaroth; Jan 28th, 2012 at 23:42:41. Reason: Removed Profanity
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofat View Post
    A rush of fresh air whips the dust up into swirls that choke as the seal is breached for the first time in many days.
    Notum-enriched spiders have done brilliant work making the once frequented meeting place seem like an ancient tomb - with glowing strands of notum webbing swept over the scientific apparatus.

Data pads still flicker on the central table as their power cells cling on to the last joules of life. Articles such as level 200 PvP techniques and some ancient report of a rebalance, barely illuminating the hall with a faint green light.

Its easy to imagine how this was once a place of discourse and learning in its day, however the din of conversation has left to be replaced with the echoes of your foot falls through countless chambers.

As you progress - you realise your initial conclusion that some calamity must have lead to the desertion of this place might be false. There is no signs of struggle or damage, no corpses and nothing left unfinished.

As you peruse its history at a terminal, you realise this repository of knowledge here is practically absolute - there isn't a topic or field of science left un-researched.
    And then you find it! The reason you came, the question you had - an article exists in the datastream which answers your query completely.
    Lucky thing too! As there didn't appear to be anyone to ask...

As you make your way back out of the facility, holding the datachip containing your answer firmly in your grip - you take time to pause and reflect in the central chamber.

Suddenly it becomes clear that the fate of any laboratory when science concludes and there are no more questions - is to become a library, infrequently and briefly visited by novice knowledge seekers and perhaps the odd nostalgic elder.

You consider staying and trying to meet the next person to come this way, but its dark, lonely and the gleaming metals and luminous liquids of the scientific machines around you give the air a cold chill.

So you leave.
    Agreed

*tumbleweed ..... tumbleweed

Wat
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

That was rather well written there, sir.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

brought me a smile this morning thanks :-)

*cough cough* *wipes dust off self*

Yeah...that describes this forum rather too well, and its damn sad.

Well, after 10,5 years, and with very limited updates to NT since 2006 we can't really expect there to be too much new stuff to post about. Hopefully we'll get the rebalance stuff and we can archive all this old reseach and start anew.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    ... Hopefully we'll get the rebalance stuff...
    And in other news, pigs are flying, and isreal made peace with the arabs.

Well, he did say hopefully! hehe :P