Thread: Budabot-guestchannel

Budabot-guestchannel

Asking this question here, since I don't bother to register on budabot-forums.
    (Reason being; I'm a bot-admin, and not bot-owner)

Currently, when in our guestchannel, it's formatted like this :

[Botname] Botname: [Orgname] Nickname: some gibberish here

Is this hardcoded, or can you change it by using the bots settingsmenu, to something like this ? :

[Botname] Nickname: some more gibberish
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

The bot is just another character in the channel, so no, it can't send messages pretending to be a different one.

As far changing what it says in place of [Orgname], yes, it is hardcoded in the sense there is no existing settings options to change it.
    But it is changeable if one were to tinker with the relevant PHP files themselves. Many moons ago I had mine set to say "[Org]" to the priv channel and "[Guest]" to the orgchat.
    Because Race Yalm

Hm.. ok.. I could've sworn we used to have something atleast like this:

[Botname] Botname: Nickname: some gibberish here

or

[Botname] [Orgname] Nickname: some gibberish here
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

I'm guessing you're referring to bot's guest channel relaying into org chat? In this case there is nothing you can do to remove the "Botname" from the message, because it is the bot character that is speaking in Org chat. It's doing the copy/past of what the player said in the guest channel.

I'd dig around in settings, possibly with relay, to find the option to include/exclude Orgname. I've never looked at Budabot myself so I can't give you any more direction than that.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Jihnna you need to edit the code to change this. I did it for Harmony, so i can show you what to change if you wish.
    Gonido - 220 MP - RK2
    Neutral - President of Harmony

Former French Fansite Manager
    http://ao.mondespersistants.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gonido View Post
    Jihnna you need to edit the code to change this. I did it for Harmony, so i can show you what to change if you wish.
    Don't worry jihnna, i stole his bot code already and can just pass it to UW

When harmony first went to budabot, i spent a few hours with goni to try and get rid of the extra bot name, org name, etc. Concluded that could get rid of the orgname but not the second repeated botname. Required going in to the php code though
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Was afraid it was hardcoded.... Well, it's a job for Zacix then, but he also needs to install the latest version so that !gauntlet-command can finally be put to use

Could you just relay the details to Zac, Pimp ? And if you talk to him before I do, also let him know that he needs to install latest version of the bot... ? (And while you're at it tell him to get you admin rights as well )
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Question Same issue as OP; looking for a fix

Quote Originally Posted by Gonido View Post
    I know it has been some months, but you could let us know which file and which code that you changed to fix the issue that the OP has, as I have the same problem. I can't seem to find an answer, here, nor in the Budabot forums. Would be greatly appreciated!

He's currently swanning around in Tahiti so doubt he will see this

Been so long since i looked at the bot code that i wouldn't know where it is now either
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Somewhat related question...

I'm guest in another org's channel and would like to know if and how I can change the guest channel chat color from white to pretty much any other color?

Any help would be highly appreciated
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

To change the color on guest-channel you need administrator rights in the bot. It's done using the !settings command. (If you are familiar with bots you'll find it on the menu there.)
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    To change the color on guest-channel you need administrator rights in the bot. It's done using the !settings command. (If you are familiar with bots you'll find it on the menu there.)
    Thank you. I will try and see if I can find it

Edit: gave wrong info, here's the right info:

Settings page 3

PRIVATE CHANNEL MODULE
    You see the colors of channel there and can adjust as you like
    Last edited by Jihnna; Sep 23rd, 2013 at 16:29:55.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Great, thanks