Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fixer Nano Document - April 6th, 2011 [OUTDATED]

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    All but the 2 top % based long hots have at least 10 seconds cooldown, the top 2 have a rather high cost, so you wont be spamming much for the heals.

Even if they didn't have a cooldown, the current hots are unacceptable, sure we may get some healing out of spamming them for the initial tick but thats not what they are designed to do, if we wanted and if thats what their supposed to be used for just give us normal heals.

Otherwise they need to seriously sort out what their doing with out hots, cos with the current documentation theres basically no point using them.
    I know I keep kinda coming back to it and I haven't really looked at the actual numbers to see if it would result in Fixers being OP'd but...

In terms of HoT's and people saying that the healing wouldn't be fast enough would being able to use all three lines (Long HoT, Short HoT and % HoT) together combat this, or would that be totally over powered?

If it would be acceptable then it doesn't seem a major change to just create a new healing school for the % based HoT's. Maybe FC could do some testing to see if that would be fair?

in their current iterations? probably not.

Theres just too long a gap between the heals for all but the % based ones.

Perhaps if we could use all 3 of the CURRENT iterations of the hots, but currently even with the faster tick times with similar healing per second the hots are far from effective.

Being able to use all 3, with current tick rates and a better scaled HPS would make them worthwhile, at least for the fixer.

But the numbers healed would still need tweaking specially if they still want fixer hots to be usable for team situations.

Granted this is without factoring in other changes like the loss of a fair amount of evades and boosts to other peoples AR's.

I've a question.

Maybe answered before and maybe a silly one but I'll ask anyway.

A lot of 'new' nano's listed in the document are nano's that used to be something else.

Example: Spray'n Pray - Previously Bootleg Beamers'n Bolters (OP-LXXX)

So how will that work?

When it finally hits live will we all have to go out and find the new nano's such as Spray'n Pray, will they just appear in out nano library or if you have Bootleg Beamers'n Bolter (OP-LXXX) uploaded now will it automatically change to Spray'n Pray?

I guess what I'm asking is shall I go out and farm all these Bootleg nano's now that I've ignored because they are useless atm in preperation for them becoming some of our essential nanos?

If you have Bootleg Beamers'n Bolter (OP-LXXX) uploaded now, it will automatically change to Spray'n Pray . At least that's what I understood that they currently have in mind. Not much use to farm them already though, there will be plenty of time to farm them once rebalancing is getting closer and more concrete. They are in an early enough phase to still be able to make major changes, for all you know those nano's will become useless again or they change their mind and will give you all those nano's for free or ...
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Posted by Means Jul 10th, 2009, 16:40:14

Fixers

Next week will not see the +500 Full Auto issue fixed unfortunately. It has proven to be a larger change than originally thought to get this band-aid type temporary measure in place. We have been having discussions regardling the larger changes required to return fixers to what makes them special and hope to include the fixer community in these discussions in the very near future. We all want to see the fast moving hacker/slicer type class working the way it should and standing apart from the other choices....what makes fixers special seems to have been lost along the way...we need to find it again and bring it back.

Almost 2 years ago, and all we got was a few nerfs some team-targeted changes to some nanos and a RE buff.

If your not prepared to walk the walk, don't talk the talk.

I dare the devs to read this thread:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=528022

(OK half of it is about AS guns, but it could give ya some inspiration.)
    Fixer issues

Quote Originally Posted by heartless888 View Post
    fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

Typo

In the nano name, I'm pretty sure you mean "sleight of hand" (a technique used in magic to manipulate small objects without the observer noticing), and not "slight of hand" (not well endowed when it comes to hands).
    Hlep gnak!

Scrolled around a bit in the doc, found something interesting, made a post, hotpink doc isn't agreeing with my eyes anymore, so I probably missed something. But I blame FC and their color warfare. Next time use a nonviolent color like baby blue, it may even work for you in calming your community into foolishly trusting you. *winky face*

Evade Buffs:

Escape Peril/ Sidestep Jeopardy/ Bypass Danger/ Dodging Bullets/ Elude Risk/ Avoid Trouble
    210.........../190...................../180................/170................../160........../79.................[Duck]
    25%........../25%.................../25%.............../25%................./25%........./79.................[Dodge]
    210.........../190..................../180................/170.................../160........../79.................[Evade]
    216.........../209..................../201................/175................./125........../50................[lvlrq]

-I'm assuming the 25% is a typo, at least having it on all five of them like that.
    --> Maybe make the top one %' and the others static buffs.
    ---> A 216+ is going to get the most use out of a %' modifier, whereas Elude Risk for a lvl 125 is only getting ~145 from that dodge %

-"Dodging Bullets" as a name seems slightly out of place IMO.

-Level requirements + evades gained seem fairly spread out, sure between 50 and 125, I'm going to buy the 125 requirement nano. But if I'm leveling fast to 220, I'm liable to skip 175/201 and maybe even 209 evade buffs. I mean sure its another 10 evades but I'm assuming its a SL nano, and do I really want to pay 10mil at 175, when i'll be 201+ in two days, and 216+ in a week.
    --> Maybe [ 216 / 206(205?) / 190 / 130 / 90 / 40 ] for level requirements, with modifiers adjusted.

-Nanoskills required seem a bit wonky, start off with more SI required, then even PM/SI, then more Pm required for the top one?

-NCU Requirements of [ 53 / 48 / 45 / 43 / 40 / 20 ]. (Nothing to say on this, just pointing it out)

Meep Lockout:
    240 Seconds? 60 Seconds to a minute. 4minute lockout. I'm at a loss for how that is too long/constricting. Considering that; I'm running around to cities buying stuff. Fgrid as close as I can, but still spend 30 seconds running to it, if the shops not in the front sides you end up running around the shop, then when you find the shop you've gotta find your item still ~30secs+, then after all that you can walk outside and take the newland whompa found in most cities and click on bs, then click on grid and go to where you want.

Convenience wise, you may have to wait 30seconds to 1 minute at times. Iono, all that said I'm fine with it either way, i wont let it slow me down.

And tbh if you don't want meeping just make it a lowgas/flagged/pvp area cast check.

Edit:
    Just realized how old this is and we haven't summarized ours?
    Last edited by fixyourwhat; Jul 22nd, 2011 at 10:59:11.
    Storm
    Fixyourwhat 220/24/67 Clan Fixer
    Dewmd1 150/20/42 Clan Soldier [e]

Quote Originally Posted by fixyourwhat View Post
    ---> A 216+ is going to get the most use out of a %' modifier, whereas Elude Risk for a lvl 125 is only getting ~145 from that dodge %

-Nanoskills required seem a bit wonky, start off with more SI required, then even PM/SI, then more Pm required for the top one?
    I doubt level 216 fixer can self cast Escape Peril nano. The nanoskill reqs are taken from SL "Slip of..." evade nanos. I haven't been using Slip of Mind nano due to its high nanoskill requirements - I can self cast it after I swap on some 8 items that buff nanoskills total of 400+ points...
    [220/30/70] Fixer, [199/24] Shade, [150/20] Trader, [150/19] Crat, [136] Fixer, [71/6]Agent, [60/6]Enforcer + bunch of other alts

Quote Originally Posted by Galilei View Post
    I doubt level 216 fixer can self cast Escape Peril nano. The nanoskill reqs are taken from SL "Slip of..." evade nanos. I haven't been using Slip of Mind nano due to its high nanoskill requirements - I can self cast it after I swap on some 8 items that buff nanoskills total of 400+ points...
    Maybe the nanomage fixer :P even so if a 216 fix can't self Slip of Mind/Escape Peril not sure how it changes anything. Did I mention they last 4hrs instead of 24mins. :P

I agree that currently its hardly worth the trouble of casting, being that it clocks in at a massive 24minutes.
    Storm
    Fixyourwhat 220/24/67 Clan Fixer
    Dewmd1 150/20/42 Clan Soldier [e]

the evades are a bit terribly designed at the moment,

first of all they've strangled the levels which you can actually have evades, currently any fixer of any level has some sort of buff to their evades from their runspeed buffs, after fixers will have no evade buffs (Bearing in mind this is our only defensive stat) until level 50

Granted then you'll get an evade buff equivilent to the top RK one now but that does nothing for your first 50 levels.

Beyond that we see big gaps between upgrades, not necessarily that bad mind as we'd be running what we'd normally have in generally anyway, but then we have to factor in the merge with the % based buffs.

This is almost always a decrease to our dodge skill at any given level now, lower levels never had the base skills to make use of the % based buffs even if they had a 25% and even at higher levels it tended not to give as much as the other evade buff but it was used together.

Now however our dodge is generally going to be the lowest buff until we start hitting 200+ and able to properly boost our base dodge.

Add to that the requirements based off the % nano's rather than the current runspeed buffs and its a complete nerf.

The % based nanos have really high reqs, this is partly because they are fairly nice in their current iteration, a short term high cost boost to our primary evade stat ONTOP of what we already have from the runspeed buffs, its also why the top one is almost never used (takes longer to find the buffs and equip the clothes than the top nano it self lasts) if we are going to be forced into using a heavily nerfed version then the reqs need to be adjusted to match.

And thats before you actually do any number crunches on current to post evade values.

In total the fixer profession is loosing a total of 40 evade and duck and 250! dodge.

This comes with the fact that the % based bonus doesn't really change at higher leves from what it is now (our base dodge wont be changing as far as Im aware) but it comes with the loss of all the other buffs we currently get (150 from runbuff, 20 from smg buff and some perk dodge) granted I've not crunched the numbers for lower levels (125-200) but they may not suffer quite an extreme loss.

But that is currently the biggest loss to defense of any evade class (considering that only shades are as dependant on evades for defense as we are) cos not only are we loosing 1/2 our dodge buffing but the acrobat line that is mandatory for fixers is being reduced and small bonuses from other lines (such as smg) are being removed and not replaced.

As I've said earlier in this thread, this 250 needs to be reduced either entirely with other professions gaining their loss from the % merge back as well, or brought way back in line with all the others.

Remember when changing our defences to keep in mind the increase to offence your giving others you cannot lower our primary defence by 250 and raise other peoples offence by a similar amount while also nerfing our healing and expect us to be able to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    Sorry for the hiatus, I have had a rather busy semester ending.

Now that I have some free time, I will try to post a detailed brake-down of fixer nano changes over the weekend.
    Where is this? I can`t seem to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Superflare View Post
    Where is this? I can`t seem to find it.
    Because he never did it. :/
    Kain97 - 220 Fixer, President, Pantheon
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

Area Snares

Before they had the odd level + NR defense skill.

Lowest one:

Level 340 %
    Nano resist 70 %

Highest one:

Nano resist 65 %
    Level 13 %

In the current doc all have a 90% NR check, feels like a unneeded nerf to me, please explain to me how it isn't ;-p
    Fixer issues

fixers got 2 more hots since LE, which means their healing over time, more or less, went up 200%

SL single snares (the intense ones).

Before:

Level 100 %
    Nano resist 60 %

Current Doc:

Nano resist 80 %

That also feels like a nerf.
    Fixer issues

RK single Snares

Before they had the odd level + NR defense skill.

Lowest one:

Level 400 %
    Nano resist 60 %

Highest one:

Nano resist 60 %
    Level 100 %

In the current doc all have a 90% NR check, feels like a nerf. (I'm starting to sound like a scratched vinyl.)

Roots

Old ones have level check from 400% to 13% and 86%/89% NR check.

In the current doc all have a 90% NR check, feels like a nerf, (a smaller one, but still a nerf).
    Fixer issues

This means they will work in SL
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

but not on people or any mob that has any amount of nano resist (which SL mobs tend to have anyway)

Hard enough landing roots and snares on things you need to these days as it is. If it lands easy your either on RK or didn't really need to anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    This means they will work in SL
    Not working in SL is more due to the Secret Nerf Table, isn't it?

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=588906
    Hlep gnak!

I got bored and went through the excel file and changed a bunch of things to be more suitable specially compared with other documents (Yes im still annoyed that the non evade classes are not all loosing their evade buffs like was stated at somepoint but instead getting a better evade buffing capability than fixers...)

Unfortunately can't directly upload docs on these forums ><

TL DR version: Did some pointless stuff with the document so I could pretend fixers weren't getting nerfed to pande and back by making B+E useful for us, helping our abysmal nano AR due to dark blue skills and giving us the start of an alternate build that relies more on b+e and offense nano's in the forms of hacks rather than trying to make a totally inappropriate IP template our "second build" and tweaked some of the just blatantly unfair changes.

------------------------

Run down of the changes I'd put in though where:

Snares durations vs monsters increased (upto 3 minutes for the longest one on monsters) and their attack/defense scores adjusted to include varying ammounts of B+E and Trap Disarm, SL singles being the longest and best attack score, then RK singles then area's, roots where left alone as (at least in my eyes) fixers are less capable with those.

Self debuff removals had top ones cooldown reduced to 15 seconds and lowered the nano skill requirements to a maximum of 1655 (this was done to most nano's that had requirements well in excess of 1700 though some had increased as explained later) lower ones requirements increased slightly to be more inline (rather than a straight 500 to all the in contrary to most other nanos that have differing spreads)

Short hots tick rate set to 2 seconds, duration still reduced to 2 minutes but hps normalized and a more even spread across the levels with slight improvements and reductions where nesecary

Long hots set back to 10 seconds and healing normalized again with some improvements and some reductions where nesecary.

% hots adjusted for a better progression through the line, ranging from 4% every 10 seconds to 7% every 7 seconds with periodic upgrades and tick rate adjustments (each new % increase ticks slower than the fastest of the lower % one below) this gives a balanced progression with each % nano actually being better than the last through out while not completely outclassing the normal ones until the highest tiers.

Removed ranged energy buffs to the SMG line, combined the multi-wield and initiative buffs (with some name adjustments) replaced the initiative buff line with a new short line that are offensive nano's that have high nano requirements and also require (but also work heavily off) breaking and entry. The highest of which would require expense in SMG offence or defence to use.

Seperated improved damage buffs renamed them recoded and put them into their own line "Fixer Re-Coded Damage boost" adjusted their amounts down to balance out their stackability with other damage buff lines, still self only and still cast the non recoded versions on target (which if is the fixer will cast both buffs as they would then stack)

Added on an additional dodge ranged component to evade buffs to make up for the massive -250 we'd be receiving otherwise, almost every other class can buff it statically more but we get more overall due to the easier 25% boost presence (reqs also lowered as stated before)

Adjusted Fixer grid lines through out, Emergency lines cooldown goes from 5 minutes to 2 minutes for the top one, base cast times decrease from 8s halfing each line to the top lines 1s, caps lower from 4 second cap to 0 cap for the top line, allowing the higher ones to actually be realistically emergency buttons.

Team grid line cast times reduced to 30s for the slowest 10s for the fastest with caps of 15 to 5 going down 5 seconds each time, we are THE grid profession why should everyone else get to grid people at the same speed as us if we dont evac?

Self grid line also adjusted, longest has base of 20s cast which goes to 5 for the fastest, cast caps go 10 to 2.5s meaning that finishing a fight and gridding without hurting ourselves is actually viable.

SL warp lines adjusted so all nanocosts the same as the lowest, why spend more when you could have just warped to aban/thrak for cheap and then used keys to get back?

Not really happy with that line would rather see the team versions removed and altered into something more usable (as you'd end up leaving many team mates behind as they'd not got the keys and such)

Evade debuffs, added in breaking and entry and trap disarm to the attack and defence checks, added in check to cast separate lines against players monsters, the monstrous versions last upto 5 minutes, player ones still last 5-10 seconds, renamed LICC to luck's erratic end (really dislike "improved" nano names)

Jammer and Override, added in breaking and entry and trap disarm to attack/defence checks

In general adjusted nano costs to be appropriate, thus some things cost more some things cost less and generally evened out some curves to be more sensible, offensive nano's have an overall increased defense check due to the added trapdisarm bonus (and adjusted some NR values up as well) but this is to counteract the larger increase to attack rating from breaking and entry. Meaning non B+E fixers still have a better chance to land nanos then they do now but a full B+E fixer would be landing with no real difficulty against majority, this is off set marginally by the cooldowns, nanocost increase and sacrifice to other skills for B+E

Theres plenty of other stuff I'd remove/add but Im not sure why FC did some things such as split nano lines up and such also not sure what possible (like replacing team SL warps with reverse SL beacon style systems) or adding in a fixer bullet permorpha summon line (didn't want to ADD nano program amounts just altered ones like FC have been)

Now its just a shame there doesn't seem to be any attention paid to fixer adjustments and this was basically just an exercise by me to see how things could be changed and still somewhat match other profession documents, theirs still slightly better as I haven't added a reflect or damage to nano line in to ours randomly or such but still.
    Last edited by Xenotric; Aug 15th, 2011 at 20:59:18.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast