Thread: Renaming backpacks -

Renaming backpacks -

Let us keep the renamed backpacks the same name even if we trade them between players, i dont see why we shouldn't.

End of story.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

it can´t be because the names are saved in your pc files and not on the server... this would cause massive data transfer and space consuming if you were able to save the names

How on earth would that take up much space? a name cannot contain more than 0.05 KB or sum
    Valhall Guardians

Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    How on earth would that take up much space? a name cannot contain more than 0.05 KB or sum
    Well technically it could take more but chances are FC has some kind of limit on how long of a name you can put on something.

But you do have to consider the thousands of backpacks out there too that they'd have to store the data on, it can add up. But then, considering all the useless DB entries that take up space, you'd think they have space to spare.
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

Ouf of all those thousands of backpacks, there isn't many that isn't custom named anything, why i suggest this idea is that i recently started playing my shade, and i had to keep an track of all my spirits, so i organised them in different title lvls, and then renamed backpacks after which TL spirits they contain, however, when i trade them to an org mate they just disappears which means he has to do the same thing, its just silly fc hasn't implemented this before, and it shouldn't really take up that much data.
    Valhall Guardians

Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Ouf of all those thousands of backpacks, there isn't many that isn't custom named anything, why i suggest this idea is that i recently started playing my shade, and i had to keep an track of all my spirits, so i organised them in different title lvls, and then renamed backpacks after which TL spirits they contain, however, when i trade them to an org mate they just disappears which means he has to do the same thing, its just silly fc hasn't implemented this before, and it shouldn't really take up that much data.
    You lie. I never rename my backpacks.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Brofist View Post
    You lie. I never rename my backpacks.
    wasn't that exactly what i said? "There isn't many custom renaming theirbackpacks"
    Valhall Guardians

Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Would need a lot of coding to implement it, and at least initial upload of all local names would be huge... Until I cleaned my containers in my prefs, I got several thousands of bag preferences around, with filesystem limits in (block size), it took several hundreds of megabytes.

Of course, once it is done it would be easier to keep up...

Myself, while I'm not against it, personally don't think it to be such a big feature, if I trade bags people usually know what to expect to be in them, and rename them to their own liking. When bag comes back to me, it will have its old name anyway.
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

The bag packs are some old way of keeping items.
    I would prefer to have unlimited inventory and possibility to assign tags.
    This would remove the need to keep mules and you could assign several tags to same spirits
    e.g. based on title level + based on purpose (defense, offense etc) + owner name (person who gave you the item)

The tag with "owner name" should be automatic and trade-skilled items should inherit automatically the ingredients tags.

Maybe the items which belong to an org bank should have an un-erasable tag with org name which would be preserved during trades.

Of curse this needs coding and the new engine + balancing should be high priority but this is Funcom's problem. They have a lot of stuff to implement if they want to make the game up-to-date.

Quote Originally Posted by Menzagitat View Post
    The bag packs are some old way of keeping items.
    I would prefer to have unlimited inventory and possibility to assign tags.
    This would remove the need to keep mules and you could assign several tags to same spirits
    e.g. based on title level + based on purpose (defense, offense etc) + owner name (person who gave you the item)

The tag with "owner name" should be automatic and trade-skilled items should inherit automatically the ingredients tags.

Maybe the items which belong to an org bank should have an un-erasable tag with org name which would be preserved during trades.

Of curse this needs coding and the new engine + balancing should be high priority but this is Funcom's problem. They have a lot of stuff to implement if they want to make the game up-to-date.
    I fully agree with you, as much as i want the new engine, i also want a functional game that i can enjoy on regular basis.
    Valhall Guardians

Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Awaaa 74 Soldier