Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Patch rips

Oh, Sentinels armor.. . yes please! Always wanted that on my 220 omni toons...
    President of Mayhem (OTC)

You know that Sentinels hate everything that isn't clan right?
    blah

Dammit you gave me a seizure when I thought you'd buy combined and ofab armor through the ingame shop. I realized they have no stat attached later.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Hrm, that healing lab at the final stage looks pretty awesome as a quick emergency heal. I hope that isn't too expensive for all the upgrades.
    220/30 - Spartanx9. Back for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by Haquihana
    Haquihana: And Spartanx9, I dont usually spend much time in the soldier forums.. you all don't make enough rucus (NOTE: this is not a message of approval to go cause unjust trouble)
    Sounds like i need to cause some trouble I kid i kid

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    You look at someone wearing the Advy set and you know that it's an Advy. In a PvP scenario, where someone's wearing a set in their social tab, we didn't want to lose that instant visual recognizability that the armour would normally infer.
    You mean, wolf grafts and all morph nanos will soon™ get expelled as well?

Sorry, but social tab ruined this part of the game since, well... Since it hit live. Even if we don't count in morphs, that existed way before that.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanx9 View Post
    Hrm, that healing lab at the final stage looks pretty awesome as a quick emergency heal. I hope that isn't too expensive for all the upgrades.
    I haven't seen anyone else bring this up yet, so:

On the topic of the Healing Kit: The 'new' healing kit which will be available in the shop is identical to the one in the Veteran Shop (just with a different name) . That said, when we were looking at including the Vet Healing Lab we realized that the original wasn't really that... well, *good*. So we have improved the original Veteran Healing Laboratory and included a replica of the lab in the item store.

In addition we have also created a Nano Recharger equivalent, as at least I have always thought it was a little lame that there wasn't a version to regain nano with - While we had the chance, figured it was a good idea to add one in. This item works exactly like the Healing Lab in terms of functionality, and will be included in both the veteran shop and the item store.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Gonna bump the Q. wheter or not the replicas of the old RK armors like Sentinels etc, will still have a faction requirement. As I read the rip, they dont atm.

Btw will the other profs get a spiffy new icon for their LE ring too? Or is the artist an engi ^^

Funcom employee

The factional armour will not be side-locked. And rings stuff is Docaholic territory.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

The factional armour will not be side-locked. And rings stuff is Docaholic territory.
    Oh. I'm tempted to roll a doc just so I could equip that omni-med armor.

But doesn't this kinda go against what you yourself mentioned in regards to OFAB prof locks, and being able to quickly tell what prof a given player is. If I see someone wearing goatarmor, I'm 90% certain said guy is a clan, and 100% sure he is not neutral. Same goes for Armed Forces.

Funcom employee

There's a massive, massive difference between being able to see a profession and being able to see a faction; The only place we're really concerned is in terms of PvP, which given most methods of PvP, you're either acutely aware of which side you should be attacking or it doesn't matter. Recognizing a profession on sight, however, means that you're instantly recognizing the threat you're up against and are prepared to act/react according to your opponent.

That said, if there's enough of a call for the social OFAB replica sets to become non-profession locked, we'll definitely consider it. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

There's a massive, massive difference between being able to see a profession and being able to see a faction; The only place we're really concerned is in terms of PvP, which given most methods of PvP, you're either acutely aware of which side you should be attacking or it doesn't matter. Recognizing a profession on sight, however, means that you're instantly recognizing the threat you're up against and are prepared to act/react according to your opponent.

That said, if there's enough of a call for the social OFAB replica sets to become non-profession locked, we'll definitely consider it. =)
    I see your point I guess. I just have a feeling people will try to abuse this in pvp situtations particular. When you got the sided map upgrade, It's less of a problem, but at low levels, and especially as a neut, I very much like to be able to detect what faction a given player belongs to, fast.

Recognizing a profession on sight, however, means that you're instantly recognizing the threat you're up against and are prepared to act/react according to your opponent.
    Once again, this claim is silly, since everyone can get morphed and totally go around this.

Now, I'm not for ofab armor replica getting its prof check removed, but I'm all for making this above actually more pronounced in game.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Yeah with morphs and alien armor, the argument about profession identification in the battlefield isn't a very strong one.

I just want to say that removing profession specific or side specific tags from armor that has, for the last 9 years made for quick and easy visually identifying a prof or a target, is a very, very, VERY bad idea.

I don't see the benifit, other than funcom trying to make a few extra bucks/euros (=) off of it.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Not to mention, you never know who anyone is already due to the social tab, i see no issue with it. In pvp, if you dont hit T on your target before you Q you deserve whats coming to you.
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

So visual duplicates of real armor is also gonna be added?

We could just get them and use it for social...

and it's social too, lets say an org helps a lowbie get sent-helmet or omni-pool. Armor-replica is a bit too far imo.

What we gonna togehter, how we gonna help the diferent players when all is PP?

IMO both faction and profession specific armors should have the tags kept in social. It just feels wrong to see things that are specific being used by everyone.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Will omnimed be wearable by ALL doc or just omlettes? Because as everyone knows I'm a sucker for social. Got my eyes on the pen ofab set, omnimed set and combined paramedics set already.

Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    Will omnimed be wearable by ALL doc or just omlettes? Because as everyone knows I'm a sucker for social. Got my eyes on the pen ofab set, omnimed set and combined paramedics set already.
    As I understand Kintaii, all docs, not only omni, will be able to equip the omni med replica.

I think you'll hear a fun melody from the ARKs when I'll go to a council of truth with that sentinel suit.

If the concern is that you can buy something that isn't your faction, right clicking to change side may do.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast