Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Patch rips

18.5.0 Live to 18.5.1.2 Test:

viewer: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5329566/AO/aodboffline.zip
    patch : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5329566/AO/18.5.1.2.zip

Some highlights:
    • New building: "Omni Tax Refund Office" (same for Clan/Neuts) - it's description: "A tax refund office which allows citizens of a Omni-Tek town to claim back a percentage of the global market sales tax."
    • The Hollow Island + Ice Golem + DB1/DB2/12man buffs are now in the same nano line, and have the same (growing) stats;
      • Hollow Island buffs have been changed, now instead of having (up to) 12 different ones, they are all stacked into a single "growing" nano (it overwrites itself with the better version every time you kill a wave).
        • The +nano skills part of these buffs has been removed.
        • Where there was a +AAO buff - now it has an equal +AAD buff as well.
        • Duration is reduced from 24 hours down to 5 hours.
      • Ice Golem seems to have an altered buff now (used to have the same buff as one of the last buffs from Hollow Island): +450 HP/nano, +500 all ACs, +50 addDmg (all types), +25 AAO/AAD, +1% healing mod.
      • "Blessing of the Xan"/"Charged by the Machine"/"The Awakening" now have added stats: +500 HP/Nano +1000 all ACs // +550 HP/Nano +1250 all ACs // +600 HP/Nano +1500 all ACs.
      • Stacking order is (from lowest to highest): "Blood of the First Brood" ... " Blood of the Tenth Brood" -> "Blood of the Champion" -> "Blood of the Brood Mother" -> "Chill of the Ice Golem" -> "Blessing of the Xan" -> "Charged by the Machine" -> "The Awakening"
    • There's new nano cans... "Combat Nano Can: The Awakening"/ "Combat Nano Can: Charged by the Machine" / "Combat Nano Can: Blessing of the Xan" / "Combat Nano Can: Chill of the Ice Golem" / "Combat Nano Can: Blood of the Broods"... and you guessed it - they apply the above mentioned instance/raid buffs... what was that thing about not selling power again ? (Yes, I don't want these ingame...)
    • The 2500 Token Boards got an extra stat: +160 perception.
    • There are new Token Boards in there, that match and surpass the old ones (got added stats, like the final boards), they all require the same token count and... a payed account...
    • All the basic alien armor got renamed (probably for better searching). For example a "Basic Vest" will be named "Basic Fashion Vest".
    • Certain Crat suits got changed (fixed ?) for proper trox/non-trox meshes.

To FunCom: There's a bug in "Blood of the First Brood", "Blood of the Second Brood" & " Blood of the Third Brood" - instead of increasing MaxHealth (attribute 1), those buffs increase Health (attribute 27). Also in the "Omni Tax Refund Office" description: it's "an Omni-Tek" not "a Omni-Tek" (might want to change the name as well from "Omni" to "Omni-Tek").

To Xyphos: There's a bug in XRDB4 that somehow parsed all the "xyz Memory Cell" from the old to the new version, but not backwards (as in - parsing from 18.5.1.2 down to 18.5.0 didn't list any "xyz Memory Cell", yet they are listed in the newer patch rip as new/altered).

To DrUrban: There's a bug in XMLToaster, it's skipping several entries in there (look under nanoprograms), it also erroneously calls token count as 'alignment' & 'NanoStrain'.
    Last edited by CriticalDmg; Jun 29th, 2012 at 16:56:36.
    •••••••• zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser ••••••••
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

That's quite a bit of research, comments and work crit, thanks
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    it also erroneously calls token count as 'alignment' & 'NanoStrain'.
    Actually "alignment" is technically the name for the token stat, both in terms of our internal tools and the requirement flag name. So it is correct, just a bit odd. XD
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

I also hope carlo does not time out any longer (i think it's fixed, but what do i know)

Besides the cans, its sounds like an awesome patch

P.s.: Next AO step, make us declare income taxes :3 (or whatever you call it in english)
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Ever since the 18.5 update, disconnects seem especially braindead about letting you log back in.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Besides the cans, its sounds like an awesome patch

P.s.: Next AO step, make us declare income taxes :3 (or whatever you call it in english)
    Actually it sucks badly. They are openly selling power now. It is obvious for everybody, except maybe some of the usual fanbois, that FC is just milking the last remaining bucks out of AOs playerbase.

Selling those buffs is a terrible idea and gives players even less incentive to want to do those instances; further effectively killing the game (honestly there are so many new changes that give the impression that AO is being intentionally pushed toward its demise).

Any other much-needed changes in regards to the GMI?
    Mcbtj 220/30/70 Adv
    Mcbtk 220/30/70 Fixer
    Syntactician 220/23/70 Doc
    Clyptica 170/24/42 NT
    Fluffydeer 60/6/14 Enf
    SPIRIT

Thanks to DrUrban for releasing a fixed version of his naming tool. Here's the same patch with the skipped entries now having names:
    patch : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5329566/AO/1...2%20-%20v2.zip
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Actually "alignment" is technically the name for the token stat, both in terms of our internal tools and the requirement flag name. So it is correct, just a bit odd. XD
    Actually "alignment" is the name for Clan tokens... Omni-Tek tokens are named "NanoStrain". (Huston... we have a Clammer !) So if you're ever going to fix it and give proper names to those 4 fields... you'll be dealing with the almighty blob ?

About the "xyz Memory Cell" items in that patch, that didn't get parsed into the reverse xml: the only change was their "EquipmentPage" value - previously they were categorized as 'weapon' now they are categorized as 'misc'. According to the Preliminary Test Live Patch Notes, it's a fix for the GMI;
    Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    Some items were mis-categorized in the market search, this should now be working better.
    To see what was wrong with those NCU upgrades, I had to parse the whole DB, so if anyone wants it - here's the entire 18.5.0 Live DBrip: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5329566/AO/18.5.0%20FULL.zip
    Note that it's a 6.61 MB file that extracts to a 210 MB xml (aodboffline needs it's time to open it...)
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Meh non-twink-regular-buff buff-cans ;(
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Testserver patch 18.5.1.2 to 18.5.1.5 :

patch : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5329566/AO/18.5.1.5.zip

MA's Disharmony got changed into a heal instead of a drain hit, among other things.

Some items show in both the regular and the reverse rip... though they have the exact same info... no idea what changed with them. (like all the NICS items in HUD2)

To DrUrban:
    • lol @ ClammerTokens/OmletTokens !
    • It's still skipping entries, for example: "The Ranger's Loss" (aoid:274939) & Snared (aoid:279344)
    Last edited by CriticalDmg; Jul 11th, 2012 at 18:18:03. Reason: fixed an aoid

Testserver patch 18.5.1.5 to 18.5.1.6 :

patch : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5329566/AO/18.5.1.6.zip

This patch seems to be the fix to aggroing calmed mobs with debuffs - a ton of roots/snares/doc init debuffs (only the breakable ones, UBT will still wake calmed mobs...) had their associated taunt portion removed.

To FunCom:
    • "TESTLIVEITEM: Testlive Token Dispenser" - it's description isn't consistent with the tokens' description - the part with turning them in to Auto vs BH+COT.
    • You've added a new perk action (aoid: 285755) to Disharmony 10 in the previous patch, but didn't add the perk into the database... might I ask what it is ?

To DrUrban:
    Thanks for the even newer version of your tool, but there's still some missed fields - check "Decrepitude" (aoid: 99585).

Let's hope it's stumble, as indicated by the perk documents

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Let's hope it's stumble, as indicated by the perk documents
    I think you're right, even the 4 letter code name (TUMB) seems to match as well. (most of the code names I've seen, match a portion/initials of their target)
    Code:
    Attack:
    Attack Modifier: 100%
    Defense:
    Evade Close: 50%
    Dodge Ranged: 50%
    Range: 20 m
    Damage: -500 .. -500
    Damage: -500 .. -500, 5 hits, 1s delay
    Root
    5 seconds (pvp & pvm)
    Attack:
    1 second
    Recharge:
    Always: 90s
    Now... why isn't it in the database yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    [*]The 2500 Token Boards got an extra stat: +160 perception.[*]There are new Token Boards in there, that match and surpass the old ones (got added stats, like the final boards), they all require the same token count and... a payed account...
    160 perception for everyone hurts shades the most. I rather it gives 160 concealment instead.
    Up to 215, almost ANYONE that put some IPs in perception and gets a Stare buff can unsneak a shade. After 215, you still get unsneaked but only by fixers and advies. WTB this thing not happening. Concealment is my primary source of defense and the only thing I can rely on when I want to pick my targets and do what my profession does best. Shades and agents should NOT be popped out of sneak this easy. We already have enough AoE roots/fears/perks to worry about :|

Can you please post the stats of those new token boards?
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Crit, perhaps they are preparing for it so they put it in the database but don't want the ppl to actually be able to trigger it yet, although i hope we can also use it next patch, not like it's gonna make us op or anything.

What they REALLY should do is fix blunt mastry perkline so mp's can perk all 10 perks, much like it's shown in the perk dokument to be somewhat viable, it's a joke atm :\
    Yes it's a bit OT, but while we're talking about good perk changes and so on ...
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Jul 13th, 2012 at 05:55:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Malraux View Post
    160 perception for everyone hurts shades the most. I rather it gives 160 concealment instead.
    Up to 215, almost ANYONE that put some IPs in perception and gets a Stare buff can unsneak a shade.
    Boards already provide 160 concealment.

Don't you think that between +160 perception and +900 perception, one would ask to nerf the second?
    blah

I know it does give concealment, but 160 perception for fixers and advies(and some agents) means that shades will no longer be able to sneak from them, regardless of +conc gear.
    WTB either better concealment buffs or the removal of those 160 perception.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Testserver patch 18.5.1.6 to 18.5.1.7 :

patch : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5329566/AO/18.5.1.7.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    Fixed the Disharmony perkline. The perk action is now given at the correct level and displays its recharge timer again.
    We also removed an entry of a new perk action that was not supposed to be in the line.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast