Page 1 of 20 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: /pet hunt command has been disabled, WHY?

/pet hunt command has been disabled, WHY?

I am really surprised why FC want to do it.

I see nothing wrong with /pet hunt as it is now (especially with relatively low max distance for hunting)
    What I am afraid is some side efects of this change for pet professions:

/pet hunt is very usefull in some instances like DR or CoH for spoting hiding/invisible mobs like returning cultists and cenobites as it is done by hunting pets.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

thems be testlive patchnotes

Yeh like when has a testlive major change that is in the notes ever Not made it to live, got to ask as well why is this planned?

Other than pathing there is no current bug with hunt that would account for this change. So might as well tell all froob engi's to forget leveling, it is the one game mechanic they use and you plan to remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernat View Post
    Yeh like when has a testlive major change that is in the notes ever Not made it to live, got to ask as well why is this planned?

Other than pathing there is no current bug with hunt that would account for this change. So might as well tell all froob engi's to forget leveling, it is the one game mechanic they use and you plan to remove it.
    I don't remember having any trouble targeting the mobs and telling them to attack? Surely low engis can still kill things with their pets, just not do it while afking

As for not being able to target shadows in CoH, I feel for you. Have to wonder if that was intended to be possible or not, but even if not I think it was fine, kindof using your pets perception in a way instead of your own to find hidden mobs, since you are a pet prof after all.

I don't get the need for the change. Is tab+q /afk the next to go?
    I'm actually Ophiuchus // Cynic092 but Forum accounts are fickle, fleeting things...

Are we there yet?

Bombqueen.

it's possibly linked to the "fixed various exploits" section...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Seoin froob engi's have zero heals, so them entering los of a mob can easily mean their death with the buggy agro ranges. Low level froob engi leveling means /pet hunt and stay in the next room as the one the pet is in is cleared.

It is a change by a developer not a actual player, they don't test what they change. Some have them have been players in the past but they have forgotten what it is like to play the game from level 1 too 200/220/xx/xx.

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    /pet hunt is very usefull in some instances like DR or CoH for spoting hiding/invisible mobs like returning cultists and cenobites as it is done by hunting pets.
    I think that's the answer.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    I think that's the answer.
    If you are right then I can only pity exploit team that it took them over 5 years to spot/clasify this as exploit.

Meh, one less way to coax a mob you need to kill out of the bugged geometry. Fix the geometry too please!
    :E

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndra-Corvid View Post
    Meh, one less way to coax a mob you need to kill out of the bugged geometry. Fix the geometry too please!
    Please report the annoying locations you mention in the new Report a Bug forum, it's possible that we don't know which location you're referring to. (:
    Former Game Director of Anarchy Online.

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    Please report the annoying locations you mention in the new Report a Bug forum, it's possible that we don't know which location you're referring to. (:
    Fair enough, will do.

The one I can immediately think of is there's a room in Inferno missions where you go up a rocky ramp to the "upstairs" bit, and in between a cluster of dead trees or rocks or somesuch there's usually a mob stuck inside there. I'll take a screenie next time I come across it.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndra-Corvid View Post
    Fair enough, will do.

The one I can immediately think of is there's a room in Inferno missions where you go up a rocky ramp to the "upstairs" bit, and in between a cluster of dead trees or rocks or somesuch there's usually a mob stuck inside there. I'll take a screenie next time I come across it.
    Thanks! Remember to include the full shift+F9 information too (:

Thanks! Remember to include the full shift+F9 information too (:
    Yes ma'am!

I realy appreciate that GM found some time to posts in a thread created by me

However I would appreciate lot more if this post included some answer to my question rather than hijack thread's main focus to some geometry issues.
    Last edited by Kintaii; Mar 27th, 2012 at 14:43:17. Reason: Stop doing this. PM me if you need more information.

I can only imagine it has to do with AFK'ers. If you're there, why wouldn't you want to attack as well? Even if it is minor additional damage that doesn't take aggro, every little bit helps. Also if several people are in one area, their pet would attempt some KS'ing while on hunt. I've seen people flip out because a pet hit their mob even once.

Taking out /pet hunt wouldn't change much if you're actually engaged while playing.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO fansite worldwide - Site Manager || Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Silvana View Post
    I can only imagine it has to do with AFK'ers. If you're there, why wouldn't you want to attack as well? Even if it is minor additional damage that doesn't take aggro, every little bit helps. Also if several people are in one area, their pet would attempt some KS'ing while on hunt. I've seen people flip out because a pet hit their mob even once.

Taking out /pet hunt wouldn't change much if you're actually engaged while playing.
    As it was written earlier removing /pet hunt :
    - makes impossible to "use" pet perception and most pet professions do not have enough IPs to waste some on raising perception which makes them unable to kill some mobs in CoH and DR.
    - froobs and / or Low HP characters will have a lot more difficult time solo leveling

AFK ers are mostly met teaming kiting NT
    as for KS issue with so low population I do not think it is a significant problem.

I've never used a pet for their perception, so I guess that's something I can't comment upon.

Pets are not made for solo leveling as in send them out and sit back, they are supposed to be support in some way or another. The player is still supposed to have an active role in what is going on with each fight.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO fansite worldwide - Site Manager || Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

Funcom employee

I'm sorry for hijacking this thread, I need to learn proper forums manner.

/pet hunt will be disabled because it is a feature that can be misused, and even more so together with permanent pets, because it enables unattended play which is something that our EULA does not allow - so it has to go. I personally look forward to see pets not time out, and I hope to see more improvements and more pets in the future.

I'm sorry for hijacking this thread, I need to learn proper forums manner.

/pet hunt will be disabled because it is a feature that can be misused, and even more so together with permanent pets, because it enables unattended play which is something that our EULA does not allow - so it has to go. I personally look forward to see pets not time out, and I hope to see more improvements and more pets in the future.
    Then add what other MMO's do, a auto Logoff if you go afk for too long, go try and level a froob pet class in a rk mission and see how long it takes after you have rezzed for 5 minutes after each death after entering a room with 2+ adds.

Page 1 of 20 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast