Thread: Netflix Gem 9/17: Tokyo Gore Police

Netflix Gem 9/17: Tokyo Gore Police

Surreal, ultra-violent, sexy, japanese - Tokyo Gore Police is one of the strangest films I've enjoyed. It's a hoot. Extremely gorey. Sometimes silly. Sometimes scary, poetic, beautiful, grotesque. A little sexy (definitely some nc-17 stuff in there). It's like cyber-punk done BY the japanese instead of the usual ABOUT the japanese. [some extreme stuff in there so definitely not for the sensitive or under-aged]
    Last edited by If6Was9; Sep 18th, 2010 at 04:48:46.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

haha that movie is hillarious! Originally watched it in Tokyo when it came out, highly recommended!

I caught this one at a festival last year and boy I weren't impressed.

Right of the bat, the pictures are downright ugly (video can look good, here is dosen't), the music is run-of-the-mill heavy guitar riffs (might be wrong about that, I mainly remember it as toe crinchingly awful), the action scenes a confusingly shot and edited mess, plot and characters close to nonexisting (usually not that big a deal in the genre, but in lack of anything else it bear mentioning). Sure some might find some attraction to heroine, but a still photo would perform just as well.

While a flick like "Versus" would have had a better pacing if it had been 10-20 min shorter, it still had plenty of ideas to fill the excess running time. "Tokyo Gore Police" only has a few sexual implicit mutations (make up effects, low-budget but acceptable) and the novelty of these dosen't last the full running time of 110 min. Had it been half that length, maybe I would'nt have been so relieved when it finally ended.

Not all lowbudget, gore splattered cult movies are masterpieces, unjustly discredited by the snobbish cultural elite, some of them are just plain bad.
    Anyone looking for a new "Tetsuo: The Ironman" can keep on looking. "Tokyo Gore Police" ain't it.
    Last edited by Myreyliib; Sep 18th, 2010 at 13:51:52.

watched 20 minutes of it and got bored. If i want to see unfettered gore, I play gears of war.
    -Where's your head at kid? bwahaahaahahaha!
    Solsfedaykin 220/70/23 Soli Adv
    Shivj00 220/70/30 Trox Shade
    Solsxtitan 150/x/x Trox Enfo