Thread: Lots of Crashes, mostly on Zone

Lots of Crashes, mostly on Zone

Since the latest update or two, ive crashed a LOT. Mostly on zoning, but random times in between.

Ive been running AO on the same machine for 2 years now, and while it has been heavily overclocked all these years, i ran memtest and some other basic utilities and the problem doesnt seem to be hardware related.

I even backed the clocks down some to make sure. Still crashing.

So, it has to be software related. Running Windows 7 64bit ultimate if it matters.

Anyone else crashing lots lately?
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

me too, chat lag that noone else has and when I sit down I sort of rubberband 2 meters or more and this weekend im haveing LDs at random...
    The Red Brotherhood

Rock stable ever since, also W7 64bit. But the lagging and rubberbanding has lately been as bad as it hasnt been for a long time. Luckily its not a permanent condition. That said, it wont have much to do with crashing upon zoning or LDs in general.

Marine, what exactly happens? Crash to desktop? System crashes? Or just LD? Did you change anything like a particular driver?
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Ganiscol View Post
    Rock stable ever since, also W7 64bit. But the lagging and rubberbanding has lately been as bad as it hasnt been for a long time. Luckily its not a permanent condition. That said, it wont have much to do with crashing upon zoning or LDs in general.

Marine, what exactly happens? Crash to desktop? System crashes? Or just LD? Did you change anything like a particular driver?
    Just a crash as if you LD. Sometimes the game freezes and i have to manually close it.

Usually i get the "Anarchy has crashed, would you like to send a report to funcom?" message.

And no, I didn't have to change anything to play Bad Company 2 and thats the most intensive game that i've recently added to my machine. If it isn't broken, i dont fix it.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Happens sometimes on Win7 64 as well. Most disconnects lately have been because of totally crappy network causing lag spikes. And if those spikes happen during zoning, it seems to take AO down for good.

Anyway, I still seem to get some "Anarchy crashed" when running on Win7 even when theres barely no lag during night, and not the usual "You've been disconnected"

For the weirdness, never on my minilaptop with XP, even if this is barely able to run AO...
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

If you suspect timeouts, increase the threshold in the launcher settings. Way back in the day (pre 7 or vista), when server lag was really bad in AO, i changed that setting to alleviate things like that.

App crashes however can be anything. I havent seen that happen in a long time, so its not the combination of AO and 7 64bit by default.
    ಠ_ಠ

I have issues when I have two internet gateways, meaning to network connections same time, when I turn other one off they dissapear...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

I have lots of crashes, being at Rubi-Ka. Only at Rubi-ka. Crashes when I try to zone, as well when I sit at RK open PF and doing nothing.
    It is starting to piss me off.
    Using WinXP SP 3 32 bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    I have issues when I have two internet gateways, meaning to network connections same time, when I turn other one off they dissapear...
    This is probably because your network solution route new connections over a random connection, meaning your connecting IP change. The game servers check the remote ip when you connect again (i.e. zone), and if it doesn't match, the connection is denied.

Solution: Set up a failover instead of load balancer for the PCs you run AO on.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::