Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: AO Fan Gathering! Oslo, Norway - Sept. 11th!

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    We'll also probably send one of us up to Oslo S (the central train station) to gather folks at a set time to lead them to the office. =)
    With my "cartoon mindset" on, I can picture one of you guys standing at the station or at the airport, holding up a sign bearing the AO logo and under it, written in big letters:

F-GRID
    ETA 10 MIN

*snickers*

Can confirm, age limit for Dubliner IS 20 years

//Xan

Ahh would really like to goo...just umh 6h drive ore so ;p
    But am only 19 so if the bar is 20 i dont know if thers a point in it

Quote Originally Posted by Frostrune View Post
    There's a bus connection from Rygge airport that will take you to the main bus terminal in Oslo. From there it's a 5 minute walk to the main railway station.

Would you like to know more?
    I found the train to be faster than the bus, though 5% more expensive.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Question

How much time will we be allowed to be at your office, and what would we be allowed to see on the tour? I am just a bit curious.. I want to bring my son that is 9 to the event so he can see what is behind the game I have been playing with him for the last year. It's also hes birthday next month on the 18th so this would also be a part of his birthday present .

He has started to get a bit interested in how programs and games are built up and he has been watching me code and I have been helping him to grasp some of the basics. I really think that a visit to you guys would boost hes interest to use the computer for other stuff then just gaming. He has also several times talked about wanting to become a game developer .

I do understand that pub part of the event dosn't fit children and I have no problem with that and I have no plans on bringing him to that.

I really hope that you guys dont set a age limit on the office visit though.

Also do you know what hours you will have the office visit? Would be nice to know as soon as possible, since we need to travel from Stavanger to Oslo. Kinda need to plan if we will be flying to Oslo on friday or saturday depending on the hours you will have the office visit.

Thanks..

Ohh and btw.. Almost forgot.. I have been playing this game since beta I dont know how many countless hours of fun I have had with it but it is the game that i have enjoyed the most the last 10 years

Thanks for that! Keep up the good hard work!

Quote Originally Posted by D-BlooD View Post
    I do understand that pub part of the event dosn't fit children and I have no problem with that and I have no plans on bringing him to that.
    There is a mækkær'n (mcdonalds) just down the street. They do host birthday parties for kids (and grown ups in this case) all the time
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Quote Originally Posted by Flipyap View Post
    According to this page: http://www.oslosurf.com/innhold/00000084.shtml

The age is > 20. Will you be making arrangements? :P
    Flippy is only 16, but he has an 18 year old fake leg
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Few years back Wife and I was going to do a Europe trip ... Had plans on visiting some of my old guild mates in Oslo Evilbaffle and Deng and possibly a few more but RK4 tossed a bit of a road block up and my plans got killed. Been paying for AO since July of 2001 ... would love to meet many of my AO buds I have gathered over the years but I'm afraid RK4 is still making that impossible for now . Hope everyone that can attend a good time. I know this isnt the first AO party in Oslo ill have to miss ... Damn RK4

Eunucha
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by D-BlooD View Post
    How much time will we be allowed to be at your office, and what would we be allowed to see on the tour? I am just a bit curious.. I want to bring my son that is 9 to the event so he can see what is behind the game I have been playing with him for the last year. It's also hes birthday next month on the 18th so this would also be a part of his birthday present .

He has started to get a bit interested in how programs and games are built up and he has been watching me code and I have been helping him to grasp some of the basics. I really think that a visit to you guys would boost hes interest to use the computer for other stuff then just gaming. He has also several times talked about wanting to become a game developer .

I really hope that you guys dont set a age limit on the office visit though.

Also do you know what hours you will have the office visit? Would be nice to know as soon as possible, since we need to travel from Stavanger to Oslo. Kinda need to plan if we will be flying to Oslo on friday or saturday depending on the hours you will have the office visit.

Thanks..
    There won't be any age limit on the office tour/Q&A session, so feel free to bring the little dude by. =D I can't say yet exactly what the tour will entail but if your son has an interest in game development then he'll probably enjoy seeing the offices and getting an overview of exactly what it is we do. =)

As far as times go, we haven't yet settled on exactly when in the afternoon we'll be having the visit, but I imagine it will most likely start around mid-afternoon (2/3pm) and last for a couple of hours; once we have a firm time set we'll post an update in this thread with more information. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Brad, is it allowed to bribe the devs for phatz?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Funcom employee

No. =P
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by BigBubba View Post
    Few years back Wife and I was going to do a Europe trip ... Had plans on visiting some of my old guild mates in Oslo Evilbaffle and Deng and possibly a few more but RK4 tossed a bit of a road block up and my plans got killed. Been paying for AO since July of 2001 ... would love to meet many of my AO buds I have gathered over the years but I'm afraid RK4 is still making that impossible for now . Hope everyone that can attend a good time. I know this isnt the first AO party in Oslo ill have to miss ... Damn RK4

Eunucha
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001
    I know what you mean. Sadly most of my old AO buddies have gone poof as time went by, you meet quite a few over the years, and I've seen cons, parties, demonstrations and meetings go by without an opportunity to take part, usualy because it took place in the US, and travel to there from Europe is prohibitively expensive, or in some remote part of Norway unreachable without motorised transportation and a guide. Meaning yet more moneys required. In these modern times a plane ticket to Oslo is almost free and the total travel expense is about the same as a decent night out on the town... so I finally got to go Only sad part is that I won't really know most the people attending. Did see a bunch of old-timers sign up though
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Strupstad View Post
    Flippy is only 16, but he has an 18 year old fake leg
    That was supposed to be a secret... :|

Quote Originally Posted by Iriche View Post
    It's not allowed, but it is encouraged.

Reborn and noob

I’m a bitch, I’m a lover, I’m a child, I’m a mother, I’m a sinner, I’m a saint

Quote Originally Posted by Mitamina View Post
    According to this page, if you're flying with Ryanair or Norwegian, there's a bus to Oslo 40 minutes after arrival.

Thats true, and in case of flights delays, Rygge – Ekspressen will wait for Ryanair and Norwegian flights.

If you are not picku about where to sleep http://sentrumpensjonat.no/ENRates-5...l&show=2&sub=t offers bed in the dormitory for 290 NOK, - per night.
    Reborn and noob

I’m a bitch, I’m a lover, I’m a child, I’m a mother, I’m a sinner, I’m a saint

Quote Originally Posted by Iriche View Post
    If it was allowed, we'd have better/more Dance emotes.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Quote Originally Posted by vallikat View Post
    If it was allowed, we'd have better/more Dance emotes.
    Breakdancing Emote!!!1

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast