Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faction champions.

Yes gief!

All you put rubbish good idea when OP you no like?
    Please, give change form. Want main be neutral. Red vs Blue are boring now.
    220 veteran player, no more complain for level alt. Do something and stop whine! (Take cry people friend with you.)
    Means: the new client to run FASTER on old hardware _________________ Faction champions.

It's nothing to do with the OP. The whole idea is frought with significant issues. It's AO's mechanics that prevent it from being a good idea in AO. There is simply no way to guarantee that the faction Champion doesn't end up being owned by someone that doesn't live up to the name or hoards it.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    There is simply no way to guarantee that the faction Champion doesn't end up being owned by someone that doesn't live up to the name
    Quote Originally Posted by JenShay View Post
    They can't just take it and then stand around in Borealis mocking you because no matter where they are, they will always be attackable.
    or hoards it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JenShay View Post
    Every two weeks, it checks that the latest "champion" has logged on with that character in the past month. If they have failed to do so then it is removed from them and goes back into the loot table.
    220 veteran player, no more complain for level alt. Do something and stop whine! (Take cry people friend with you.)
    Means: the new client to run FASTER on old hardware _________________ Faction champions.

Yeah I read that. There are other problems with the idea other than someone hoarding it.

In addition, I can just 'log in for 10 seconds in some obscure backyard to prevent removal. That wasn't a well thought out idea at all.

In addition, I can just 'log in for 10 seconds in some obscure backyard to prevent removal. That wasn't a well thought out idea at all.
    How you fix?

Game have /played.

(/played now - /played time loot ) > ((this day - loot day) / x)

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf-GTI View Post
    How you fix?
    1. I don't need to fix it, it's not my idea. I just know that there are ways around loosing this special status.
    2. I wouldn't propose a fix for it anyways because I don't believe it's a good idea in the first place. I don't see a purpose for it.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jul 11th, 2011 at 18:05:56.

I read posts for you. Why you write? You like wet leaf stuck forum bum.

If I didn't write, would anyone have thought of the limitations of this idea? Maybe if people took a minute from highfiving themselves over their awesome ideas all the time, I wouldn't have to write so much. Obviously the OP didn't and even their idea to address just a single problem with the idea sucked.

Let's be clear. My concern here is that the 'champion' title could be won and kept by someone undeserving of the title and giving them an unfair advantage when they don't deserve it while someone else that is deserving of it doesn't have it. I don't see anything here that prevents that from happening. Another way of saying: There isn't a good way to ensure that the title gets to the person deserving of the title.

Honestly, how does a group effort PVP event translate into crowning a single PVP champion for a faction? That doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jul 11th, 2011 at 21:03:27.

Find fix for problem only take small think. Why you no can do?

Are proc only? Buff other. Only thing do are stop people have buff.
    Same faction can kill. Make big hunt.

Before you make more trouble and no fix:
    Make no can go apartment if have item.

Edit - Also put ignore for you. All place forum see you. Waste time read.
    Last edited by Wulf-GTI; Jul 11th, 2011 at 23:39:22.

lol

that is all
    AO: ▐ Renamed 220/30 adv▐ Giit 200/30 NT game over setup▐ Somethiing 199/21 Confused Sold▐ Sixunder 158/21 tard ▐ Eightup 150/20 flex▐ Giitjiit 57/6 NT▐
    FFXIV: Giit Paradisian - 50 CNJ/White Mage - Hyperion server

Find fix for problem only take small think. Why you no can do?
    If it's only a small think to fix the problems with this idea, then get started. Otherwise, acknowledge it's not.

If it's only a small think to fix the problems with this idea, then get started. Otherwise, acknowledge it's not.
    Game have /played.

(/played now - /played time loot ) > ((this day - loot day) / x)
    Be stupid place other. Please.

Since this thread didn't make it to the second post without flaming/trolling (by the OP no less) and hasn't improved one bit since, I'm going to go ahead and lock it. If the OP wishes to reopen the discussion, she can PM me and we'll discuss that possibility.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12