Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Friday Discussion w/Means on RK2

Quote Originally Posted by Sheffsammie View Post
    It just seems strange to me that endgame instances such as DB2 and Mitaar are completable without a doc, *only* if there is a crat available.

Please:EULA -> Reading Comprehension ONLY!!
    this only shows how op are docs... and mitaar can be done in two persons with shade/mp, for example. shade/engi is good combo too.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy006 View Post
    not everything should be easy

Quote Originally Posted by Krabicka View Post
    this only shows how op are docs... and mitaar can be done in two persons with shade/mp, for example. shade/engi is good combo too.
    SO SHADES ARE THE ONCE THAT ARE OP!! /Holmes

Two things:

1) When counting # of players, I'm hoping that they're not going by # of paid subscriptions. Because, well... logging in six accounts to play with yourself a multi-player game does not make

2) I'm struggling to find where Means stated that MPs were equable to crats in PvE and as such didn't need love. If anyone can locate it, I'd appreciate it... I missed April fool's, and need a laugh*

*Insert your own LOL WUT? here.

Ok, I'll do it. Ask a 220 MP the last time they were actively sought out for any content as opposed to a crat.

MPs need no love!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlain View Post
    *Insert your own LOL WUT? here.

Ok, I'll do it. Ask a 220 MP the last time they were actively sought out for any content as opposed to a crat.

MPs need no love!
    Mordeth/Galahad raids, Inf Key PBs, etc. Lol.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    WUT?

Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

I'm kinda curious.. what is the 'etc' you mention? MP's are just a 'nice to have' for Mordeth/Galahad raids.. definitely not needed or even heavily pursued.

So besides Inf key PB's where else are MP's consistantly needed?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I'm kinda curious.. what is the 'etc' you mention? MP's are just a 'nice to have' for Mordeth/Galahad raids.. definitely not needed or even heavily pursued.

So besides Inf key PB's where else are MP's consistantly needed?
    Well, at least not now but before AI There wasn't a single raid that didn't have one. I recall wanting MP's for IS as well, but now I can't remember why.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

... So besides Inf key PB's where else are MP's consistantly needed?
    Most professions are not needed consistently in any place, so a better question would be: where else in pve are MPs consistently more useful than profession X?

To me, MPs have been below mediocre in pve combat for a long time by now. Together with 3 or 4 other professions, so I'm certain that MPs aren't the only ones hardly seeing any demand for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    ... I recall wanting MP's for IS as well, but now I can't remember why.
    NSD against aeo nukes from bosses if I remember correct, something that isn't relevant anymore either for tl7 doing IS.
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 bureaucrat*: Starting 12man, need Enfo, Doc, Keeper, reflects."
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 doctor*: Looking for crat/keep/enf for 12m pst "
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 soldier*: still need doc/enf for 12 man. pst
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] LF enfo , crat , doc and soldier's for ipande / pst [220 doctor]"

Quote Originally Posted by Josephina View Post
    Most professions are not needed consistently in any place, so a better question would be: where else in pve are MPs consistently more useful than profession X?

To me, MPs have been below mediocre in pve combat for a long time by now. Together with 3 or 4 other professions, so I'm certain that MPs aren't the only ones hardly seeing any demand for them.

NSD against aeo nukes from bosses if I remember correct, something that isn't relevant anymore either for tl7 doing IS.
    I wasn't really asking the question, someone about 2 or 3 posts above me did.. I was just trying to point out that only 1 of the 2 spots listed was reasonable and was curious as to what the 'etc' part of his list meant (still curious).
    You can find me at:

This is way off topic, but I just noticed something.

I was only JUST reading one of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time novels, and a person, kept alive by essentially some evil presence within a 1000 year old ghost city, was named Mordeth. He continued to become a major antagonist throughout the series.

Once you start looking, you will find lots of similar references (fantasy & sci-fi names/items, or parodies of fantasy & sci-fi names/items) in AO.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by AGPEcko View Post
    Can expect it all we want I guess... no reason for it to come though. Graphics engine is complete vaporware.
    Products with unspecified release dates or long development times that outwardly demonstrate regular, verifiable progress in production are not normally labelled vaporware.

If you are to wiki a nerd-term, please learn to read first...

Zing!
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

I wasn't really asking the question, someone about 2 or 3 posts above me did.. I was just trying to point out that only 1 of the 2 spots listed was reasonable and was curious as to what the 'etc' part of his list meant (still curious).
    Galahad/Mordeth nuke still really hurts. Unless you're one of the solo pros in IS, MPs are still useful. The nukes off Inf Key PBs still hurt. The nuke on Ice Golem is still a massive bitch for non TL7s, even some TL7s.

Seriously, these forums have degenerated into little other than name calling at worst, or jumping to attack anyone who makes a statement that you can argue about, it's pathetic.

I wasn't saying "AMM PEEZ IZ FINE COS THEY GUD FOR INF KEYS", I was pointing out where MPs are usually desired and perhaps this can be built upon.

Christ.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinnipeng View Post
    Products with unspecified release dates or long development times that outwardly demonstrate regular, verifiable progress in production are not normally labelled vaporware.

If you are to wiki a nerd-term, please learn to read first...
    I don't know man. Read the first few lines of the article and it seems to fit real well.

Describes a product? Check.
    Software? Check.
    Announced by the developer before being developed? Check.
    Significant doubt whether it will be released? Check.
    Failed to emerge after FAR exceeding the initial date (or expected date)? Check.
    Delayed repeatedly? Absolutely.

!gniZ

P.S. OMG I hit a nerve?
    Last edited by AGPEcko; Apr 9th, 2010 at 23:41:15. Reason: ok
    Fastest Contact: Northadvncd "Agptaxi" Bankterminal
    Created: 2005-08-07 The AGP Cancelled: 2012-02-11
    AGPSHADOWMA2202568[P][E] AGPSHADOOMNT2142650[P][E]
    AGPECKOSOL1502049[P] AGPATLASDOC1502023[P]
    JURKENF150207[P][P2] JWRKENF270207 JUURKMP600614[P] HANZELSOL1001028[P]

Galahad/Mordeth nuke still really hurts. Unless you're one of the solo pros in IS, MPs are still useful. The nukes off Inf Key PBs still hurt. The nuke on Ice Golem is still a massive bitch for non TL7s, even some TL7s.

Seriously, these forums have degenerated into little other than name calling at worst, or jumping to attack anyone who makes a statement that you can argue about, it's pathetic.

I wasn't saying "AMM PEEZ IZ FINE COS THEY GUD FOR INF KEYS", I was pointing out where MPs are usually desired and perhaps this can be built upon.

Christ.
    I'm pretty sure that I didn't call you any names or attack you. I was asking a direct question. I understand that many people on the forums do attack people..apparently so much that when someone asks a simple question it is assumed to be some sort of attack. That isn't my style.. never has been.

I have a 217 MP.. haven't played her for years until recently and I am still curious as to what you meant when you said the "etc".. meaning.. what are the other things besides the 2 you mentioned. Simple question.. no insult meant.. feel free to answer (I see you mentioned Ice Golem.. but normally when people say etc.. there's a list of other things, not just 1). As a 220 doc I've barely played with any MP's over the years.. so consider it a question from someone that doesn't know as opposed to some sort of backsided insult.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Apr 8th, 2010 at 22:14:20.
    You can find me at:

I didn't mention Inner Sanctum earlier, either.

Oh, or Catacombs.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Just wondering if there's any comparable uses in current endgame areas...
    You can find me at:

Mp's are nice to have in Informant... Heal pet and all.

Eyowen ~ 220/23 Martial Artist ~ Should Reroll Shade
    Pheyde ~ 214/16 Trader ~ Tradeskilling Tool
    Panini ~ 220/24 Doctor ~ Doesn't PvP

~ Proud President of NinjaKittens ~

Quote Originally Posted by SrslyNotEyo View Post
    Heal pet is nice to have in Informant...
    Fixed.
    Gone for good
    R.I.P. :
    Bushidobrown 220/20 Omni Soli Crat on RK1
    Dafunky 170/24 Omni Opi Trader on RK1
    Metphyst 220/30 NM MP
    Drimachus 220/22 Trox Keeper
    Raljahz 218/19 Opi Agent
    Kyngsize 214/11 Trox Shade
    Melonn 174/24 Soli MA
    Dafunky 170/17 Soli Trader
    Dizzastarr 170/18 Trox Adv