Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Friday Discussion w/Means on RK2

Quote Originally Posted by Revane View Post
    The Collector is certainly a very unique idea. I like how they covered up the idea of purely random drops with the idea that the Collector actually collects lol.
    Every time the boss is killed, items are transferred from artys toons onto the corpse
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    Yeah that's nice. Have you been on RK2 lately? Most times I log, BS isn't running at all, when it does run, usually one side 4 caps and then it's all over again.
    The same has happened and does happen on RK1. You have my sympathy as it's annoying as hell.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

thanx to traderjill for posting, and to means for answers.

i was at first desappointed of "no real" FwM but finally doing it that way (live questions) was a really good idea even if i couldn't be there.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

Quote Originally Posted by Maxisfix View Post
    Every time the boss is killed, items are transferred from artys toons onto the corpse
    laffs

Quote Originally Posted by Maxisfix View Post
    Haha, good one .

--

Very interesting thread to read, thx.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    Actually they ARE looking at real numbers, you are the one using imaginary numbers. They can actively see how many people are connected to the server, they can even see what levels everyone is that is connected to the server. You on the other hand only notice the people standing around you.
    They can also lie... errrrr, "bend the truth" because, we can't possibly see the exact numbers like they can.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by navycut View Post
    Yeah that's nice. Have you been on RK2 lately? Most times I log, BS isn't running at all, when it does run, usually one side 4 caps and then it's all over again.
    That's nice and peachy, but what you have is not a lack of population it's a lack of players whom want to PvP.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

The population issue has truth to every aspect of the game. Two to three years ago there were more people doing mass pvp. Two to three years ago there were people raiding sector 42 regularly. Two to three years ago BS ran more often at TL5 and TL7.

There are many reasons why these things are happening and I am sure, for those who aren't naive, we all know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    The game is way more empty than it was a few years ago, everyone knows that including Means.
    yes ... many reasons : newer games & need of change, bugged places (sheol north e.g.) and quests (even if some are fixed along), grinding and boredom (e.g. : hecklers are killing AO somehow), gap between noobs & vetz (but that's a part of a complex game) etc ...

in the end the recent add (instances), the incoming ones (collector, dailies, rebalance) will be keeping the game alive but we also all know what will save it : advertising + new engine & also low level relift (guide, tuto, noob island).
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

cool thanks for posting
    Rubennib [220/30 keeper]
    Darooses [220/23 crat]
    Rubedoc [220/25 doc]
    Keritan [220/25 enf]

and a few more.

Fine, I will edit that 1 line so that it is easier to understand what I am saying.

"The population of RK2 is not lower than RK1 by any noticeable margin."

The populations overall are lower than they should be, but neither RK1 or RK2 has a population so low that things are not able to get done, it is merrily a lack of players whom are interested in doing the same thing you are.
    Last edited by Technogen; Apr 4th, 2010 at 19:31:52.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Yea i know, just looking at the activity in ooc and lft window at prime time saz it all.

How about you all do me the favor of taking this little fight someplace else, so those who want to discuss Means' Q&A session instead of arguing about someone's ego can? thanks.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Text voluntarily removed to adhere to Anarrina's request, which was made while I was typing.

http://xkcd.com/386/
    Last edited by tazalanche; Apr 5th, 2010 at 03:51:51.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

I had a question about Means comments regarding name changes as paid service ...

Would this be something we could use "earned" paid service points for or do we need to make new cash paid points?

Anyone considered the side-effect that gankers-troublemakers will change name repeatedly to increase their chances of making trouble since we won't recognize them? Or "buying" of existing accounts and change names so no one realizes you are not original player?

Maybe make it a "one-time" per character change?

Otherwise I think it is a Great Idea!! There were a few names tied up when I started AO that I would have liked to use that are now available (or were until I saved the name on a froob until I could re-roll).

Any idea of time-frame for this paid service?

Thanks for the great posting of chat with Means!!

Kinnikinnick

Yes ... Great Job with posting of chat with Means!!

I am curious about the idea of name change with paid points also ... seems like a very good idea!

Colrain

Name changes cost 1k paid points for AoC, so I think that would deter people from changing names randomly.

Also, if someone succesfully ebays an account I'd prefer they were able to change the characters' names: there's no shock ruder than someone you think you know behaving in a completely different manner.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    I had a question about Means comments regarding name changes as paid service ...

Would this be something we could use "earned" paid service points for or do we need to make new cash paid points?

Anyone considered the side-effect that gankers-troublemakers will change name repeatedly to increase their chances of making trouble since we won't recognize them? Or "buying" of existing accounts and change names so no one realizes you are not original player?

Maybe make it a "one-time" per character change?

Otherwise I think it is a Great Idea!! There were a few names tied up when I started AO that I would have liked to use that are now available (or were until I saved the name on a froob until I could re-roll).

Any idea of time-frame for this paid service?

Thanks for the great posting of chat with Means!!

Kinnikinnick

This can easily be avoided by having your character ID save previous names to People of Rubi Ka, so by using auno.org or the !history command most bots have, all previous name changes will be listed.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

I really doubt RK2's overall numbers are that bad compared to RK1.

I just know from personal experience (RK1 is my home, few TL5s on RK2) that both servers populations drastically fall off/are dead in the U.S. evening/night timezones. Most things are truly impossible to do without waiting til Euro friendly overlap hours if you don't have a mega org or a lot of U.S. active friends still playing.
    Ruffixx, 220/30/66 Omni Opifex Fixer
    Pugilius, 206/30/49 Omni Opifex MA
    Blessedbrawl, 200/0 Omni Froob Opifex MA
    Medor, 199/23/42 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Vindicius, 189/20/46 Omni Atrox Enforcer
    Evilrilius, 100/10 Omni Nano MP - Foremans Killing Machine

Proud General of Obsidian Order

If you count all arty's mule i think there is more ppl on RK2!

GG for FDWMRK2!
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast