View Poll Results: Do you like the new Mimic changes?

Voters
211. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, love the new Mimic options and new diversity.

172 81.52%
  • Nah, just fix Mimic Doctor vulnerabilities already and leave me be.

39 18.48%
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: An Agent's future..

Hi,
    Anyone mention about NCU purge, turn back to true prof for all lvl agents? Do I still need to die again to change profession?

i dont mind a nano that wiping my ncu but return me to true prof immediately and it is spamable. Shouldnt be overpowered as it wipe ncu. The only difference is avoiding dying and rezzing.

wtb shape shifter prof for agent
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

Or just letting you cast a "higher" FP line nano to override the old one would be nice.
    But yeah a total ncu purge would be pretty cool.

Could be just added functionality to Epsilon Purge though if it hit FP/TP nanos.
    Since heals are being toned down would that be a potential offset for FP doc?
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceenah2 View Post
    Hi,
    Anyone mention about NCU purge, turn back to true prof for all lvl agents? Do I still need to die again to change profession?

i dont mind a nano that wiping my ncu but return me to true prof immediately and it is spamable. Shouldnt be overpowered as it wipe ncu. The only difference is avoiding dying and rezzing.

wtb shape shifter prof for agent
    this would make true profession useless. the advantage of tp is that it lets you use 2 or more fps to buff yourself.

have you even played a tl 7 agent? i see you have "174 twink" in your sig...
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaloot View Post
    this would make true profession useless. the advantage of tp is that it lets you use 2 or more fps to buff yourself.

I already expect TP to get a massive overhaul given that buffs will now be 4 hour duration.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    I already expect TP to get a massive overhaul given that buffs will now be 4 hour duration.
    yeah? would you rather see them remove the 20min lockout or make it so that it wipes out ncu clean like these jokers are asking? some people really don't know what they want when they post on these forums.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaloot View Post

no it wont, you can keep that TL7 TP nano work as what it is now. I am not asking to replace it.

What I am asking is another TP nano that wipe ncu. Only diff is u avoid dying or waiting 20min to change prof. Hope you understand
    Ceenah 220/30/66 PvM NT @ Newcomers Alliance
    Eeenah 199/0 Froob NT @ Newcomers Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ceenah2 View Post
    no it wont, you can keep that TL7 TP nano work as what it is now. I am not asking to replace it.

What I am asking is another TP nano that wipe ncu. Only diff is u avoid dying or waiting 20min to change prof. Hope you understand
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=32019

Not ingame btw..

The obvious problem with such a "nanobot suicide" would be the huge advantage for the team.. the Agent would be able to give his team buffs of near every prof, before using his own stuff. So I don't think it likely the devs will give us such an ability.

Not that it would be bad to be desirable in teams. ;p
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=32019

Not ingame btw..

The obvious problem with such a "nanobot suicide" would be the huge advantage for the team.. the Agent would be able to give his team buffs of near every prof, before using his own stuff. So I don't think it likely the devs will give us such an ability.

Not that it would be bad to be desirable in teams. ;p
    It was ingame on some weird oldschool melee weapon, just ask your teammate to equip it, and duel with you so you can buff him with all kind of weird buffs

Quote Originally Posted by Biggysmallz View Post
    It was ingame on some weird oldschool melee weapon, just ask your teammate to equip it, and duel with you so you can buff him with all kind of weird buffs
    PIGGY BALLZ PIGGY BALLZ PIGGY BALLZ PIGGY BALLZ <3 <3 <3

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=121628 that one?
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants

PIGGY BALLZ PIGGY BALLZ PIGGY BALLZ PIGGY BALLZ <3 <3 <3

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=121628 that one?
    Strange. I don't remember this weapon ever being suggested for soldiers to kill engis on forum PvP.
    Forum rule #1 :
    If someone disagrees with you, he is obviously trolling, flamming, or a stupid n00b.

Quote Originally Posted by Molotoff View Post
    Strange. I don't remember this weapon ever being suggested for soldiers to kill engis on forum PvP.
    I lol'd hard. So true. Maybe it's also the way to kill Soldiers after you have gotten RI'd! Just remove their AMS with the Bladestaff and alphakill them with our super fast perks...

you can't kill soldiers with that...fc only loves agents. not.

@ the poll, for those that only want FP doc...
    Why are you even an agent and not a doc?

Please don't take offense, I'm honestly curious.
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Yeah the 3s casttime and interruptable crap obviously needs work. For one the 3s casttime is stupid for Agents, when every other special ingame is just instant, and besides it makes it hell to use in an alpha - and tbh the thing being able to miss is nerf enough.

Don't forget we're getting that secondary AS too, though, so if the details ever get worked out I hope it can adequately compensate for the nerf.
    I hope ur kidding i`d prefer not getting a secondary AS then have our primary on a 3s cast....heh where`s the fun in that...i would like to see solds get 5s cast for FA or shade/enf/advs on SA....i mean c`mon...we are gimp enough...take AS from us...so we can`t do **** in PVP....and who said root melee profs...have u ever tried to root an enf? or and adv? it has like 1% chance to land...and on the next second is off...If they really want to make`it 3s cast, they rather do`it for other profs...but as the single pure AS prof ingame...having that to us is a big nerf imo...

As for the new mimic...i would like to see how they look first before id say i`m excited about them...
    Ultraagent 220- Agent Opifex
    Evanescense 125- Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Ttempath 125- Solitus Adventurer

Proud Member of The Asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Driial View Post
    I hope ur kidding i`d prefer not getting a secondary AS then have our primary on a 3s cast....heh where`s the fun in that...i would like to see solds get 5s cast for FA or shade/enf/advs on SA....i mean c`mon...we are gimp enough...take AS from us...so we can`t do **** in PVP....and who said root melee profs...have u ever tried to root an enf? or and adv? it has like 1% chance to land...and on the next second is off...If they really want to make`it 3s cast, they rather do`it for other profs...but as the single pure AS prof ingame...having that to us is a big nerf imo...

As for the new mimic...i would like to see how they look first before id say i`m excited about them...
    Did you read the text you just quoted?

ofc i did...u wanted to sound assured (or at least u wish) that the secondary AS can help with that nerf....but still don`t see how a burst can cover for an AS, the gap between them is to much...and we all know that secondary specials have the habbit of missing A LOT...

ofc i did...u wanted to sound assured (or at least u wish) that the secondary AS can help with that nerf....but still don`t see how a burst can cover for an AS, the gap between them is to much...and we all know that secondary specials have the habbit of missing A LOT...
    Burst from a Soldier doesn't exactly miss a lot. Fling from an Agent does. Why is that? We usually put the bare minimum to self our rifles into Fling and our AR isn't stellar to begin with. Soldiers, however, max Burst. If such a new special were to work off AS skill, we would just like the Soldier near always land it.

As for the 3s attack time on the "primary" AS, I think it's ridiculous too so I won't stand for it. But the devs did make clear when they gave out this information, that they're open to discussion and changes to the plans.

I know that the devs are well aware of the Agent community's opinion on 3s AS attack time (IE: it being ****), but I don't think they'll announce a change to that before more rebalance information is made public. After all, why adjust one game mechanic 5 times to keep up with temporary changes when you can wait for the temporary changes to solidify and then do it right the first (well, second ) time?

Even if that special is 100% hit...do u think it will be fair...that only agt special will be the one with a cast time? U know better then me...that without AS we can`t alpha any1...not to mention that our AS rifle is third in line(behind trader and mps weapon)...and we are the only prof with PURE AS...

I still think removing hotswap specials and ****ing with specials is going to really put a damper on this game.

I will know within a week of the rebalance hitting whether or not I will ever want to play this game again, and right now it looks like solo pvp will be at such a disadvantage anyone teamed regardless of profession or equip will hold a massive advantage over anyone solo. That I hate.

And changes like ruining specials, etc will just be too much bull**** comin out all at once to handle.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Even if that special is 100% hit...do u think it will be fair...that only agt special will be the one with a cast time?
    As for the 3s attack time on the "primary" AS, I think it's ridiculous too so I won't stand for it.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast