View Poll Results: Do you like the new Mimic changes?

Voters
211. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, love the new Mimic options and new diversity.

172 81.52%
  • Nah, just fix Mimic Doctor vulnerabilities already and leave me be.

39 18.48%
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: An Agent's future..

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    As for Mimic Doctor, there has been no news of a specific nerf to our current bread-and-butter yet, but it's safe to assume this one will be affected by the same changes other healers are undergoing. Going from Means' statements in the past that will for example include no more end-less healing.
    Are we supposed to take this as mimic doc is going to be utterly useless?

If that's the case I'm going with "Nah, just fix Mimic Doctor vulnerabilities already and leave me be."

Bailing nanos: they're getting a revamp, again not much details.. especially durations will be changed.
    For the love of god make the buff hostile I could care less about the duration.
    President of ShadowMercs

Quote Originally Posted by Ixiaan View Post

If that's the case I'm going with "Nah, just fix Mimic Doctor vulnerabilities already and leave me be."

I read it as Mimic Doc getting better. If we are going to function as well as a Doctor while we are Mimiced, then I don't imagine that we'll be getting hit too hard here. We will likely just have to fight against the same problems that normal doctors will be facing soon, aka finite nano pools.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Only mimic doc is used now. 11 others are useless. They may as well not exist.
    Thats for pvp yeah, in pvm the others aren't that useless imo.

I think we should rely more on our own toolset in pvp and just benefit from FP, and thats were the discussion starts I guess. Altho, love the idea of being able to impersonate the real deal even further!
    Last edited by Lletah; Jan 7th, 2010 at 06:56:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    Thats for pvp yeah, in pvm the others aren't that useless imo.

I think we should rely more on our own toolset in pvp and just benefit from FP, and thats were the discussion starts I guess. Altho, love the idea of being able to impersonate the real deal even further!
    Copy professions IS our toolset.

Therefore improvements to mimic/fp is improving OUR toolset. That's probably the one single thing in game that literally only one profession has. Copying another profession, even if it aint a great copy.

So by improving our toolset, our UNIQUE toolset, you have to improve FP. Collectively, everyone else already has AS/dots/roots/snares/stuns/init debuffs/dodge debuffs/high DD perks/etc
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

I figured this would be the best place to ask this, u guys would prolly know 1st....will it still be necessary to /sneak to use AS in PvM?
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Means has said this about AS.

- Become a 3ish second "opener" that can be interrupted by any melee attack. In PVM this will be repeatable without a conceal check (Concealing successfully will likely add bonus damage).

This quote is from when they first announced that AS was getting changed, same time that they announced that specials would share cooldowns (as a soldier I'm sure you have that date marked down)

It's all I heard about it, can't say if it's still accurate
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

I don't think it will be like that, but I honestly don't know what FC is planning there.

Like Sultry said we'll probably get to suffer from the same issues as the real Doctor profession does, and one of their announced changes is no more endless nanopools. And "Healing: Spreading out the amount of healing to balance the numbers across all level ranges." whatever that may mean.

So it doesn't take NCU?
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

So AS can basicly be changed in any direction.

And reading the revelations on the forums, I am really satisfied with the agent ones so far. Woho!

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Means has said this about AS.

- Become a 3ish second "opener" that can be interrupted by any melee attack. In PVM this will be repeatable without a conceal check (Concealing successfully will likely add bonus damage).

This quote is from when they first announced that AS was getting changed, same time that they announced that specials would share cooldowns (as a soldier I'm sure you have that date marked down)

It's all I heard about it, can't say if it's still accurate
    Thanx..actually I was more concerned with my Advy.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Has there been any discussion about maybe raising the duration of RoT or a few of our other lower-duration nanos? I'd like to see that one in particular, as I don't want to have to cast something once an hour and then go hunting through my NCU for the scale modifier to cancel.

Oh, and can someone please yell at them about the skill req's of our SL damage line? Yes, it lasts a while, but sitting around in fp trader waiting to play the game because you want to cast better ones is still lame.

And by that logic, get rid of the lockout on True Profession. Couldn't hurt to ask .

Get rid of true profession for all I care. it does nothing than mess with my IP distribution and makes me swap gear. Apart from that it makes the profession twice as hard to ballance.

My favourite AO world would be where pure agent would be best to pvp in and FP is 'only' to copy a profession for stand-in purposes.

In fact I propose to remove all the current FPs and replace them with more broad templates. Make a Healer/Tank/CC/Buffage FP which has the proper toolset for its purpose and remove the agent toolset that isnt needed for that template. Those 'bracket' mimics would include tools from more than one profession for instance root/mezz/charm/blind in the CC mimic even if those tools come from crats/NT/Trader professions.
    For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - H.L. Mencken

i like what i see here and if it turns out as good as it sounds then i might have to finish leveling my agent as well as its just been a buff totem and stuck at 216 for years now.
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

how can i say i love something when i don't know what it's gonna be like?

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    how can i say i love something when i don't know what it's gonna be like?
    You can say if you love the idea (IE: attaching "actions" to Mimic, adding Keeper/Shade, and making all of them viable) or if you prefer to just stick with Mimic Doc and see if the devs can remove some of the big weaknesses on that one.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants

WTF is mimic shade going to add?

Or mimic keeper? Uh.. I mean sure, perk defence is good but unless it's full acrobat and full bio + curing touch + all auras..

Can only see it being useless, or starts awesome, then gets whined into uselessness.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

You can say if you love the idea (IE: attaching "actions" to Mimic, adding Keeper/Shade, and making all of them viable) or if you prefer to just stick with Mimic Doc and see if the devs can remove some of the big weaknesses on that one.
    i'm not sure. i'm not a fan of blind dates ^^ i guess i'm too focused on the outcomes. the big weaknesses of mimic doc are dev made in form of debuffs and the inc heal nerf so i don't think there's much they'll do about that. and i guess the mimic stuff is giving more possibilities. so maybe. but either way, as long as i get some sort of working defence, i'm happy - and i don't think other that what they offered we can go anywhere.

Or mimic keeper? Uh.. I mean sure, perk defence is good but unless it's full acrobat and full bio + curing touch + all auras..

Can only see it being useless, or starts awesome, then gets whined into uselessness.
    Damage perks for example in Mimic Shade. Mimic Keeper could be very useful for its auras

Damage perks for example in Mimic Shade. Mimic Keeper could be very useful for its auras
    Shade stun proc could help in teams, Keeper Aura's would help in teams and the point is to fill in for the profession if they're not available.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Heal-drains, evade-perks, absorb and some buffs I predict, damage is already ours :>

Give me a reason to use them in PVP - Providing baton =| mimic crat for me.
    Providing aura =| Mimic keeper
    providing a proc stun =| Mimic shade.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast