View Poll Results: Do you like the new Mimic changes?

Voters
211. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, love the new Mimic options and new diversity.

172 81.52%
  • Nah, just fix Mimic Doctor vulnerabilities already and leave me be.

39 18.48%
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: An Agent's future..

I don't see the problem. An agent could FP doctor for a hp buff, or he could drag a doctor around to hp buff him. There aren't any buffs that are going to make or break the agent, and if there are, there aren't any that are going to break it on a 2 minute timer yet won't on a 20 minute timer.

I dont agree that getting buffs is the same as casting all buffs on the same char.
    For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - H.L. Mencken

Any updates? When are we getting our document?

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    Any updates? When are we getting our document?
    No one knows.

The Professionals asked the devs about the rebalance progress just this week. At the moment they're focusing on different parts of the game than nano programs, so don't hold your breath for our document.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

I often wonder when FC will start finishing one project before moving on to the next, over the years there has been countless announcments of grand plans, only to disapear in a black hole of silence.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    I often wonder when FC will start finishing one project before moving on to the next, over the years there has been countless announcments of grand plans, only to disapear in a black hole of silence.
    I often wonder the same. :P

Who are you and how did you tap my thoughts?
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants

He's one of my many alts. In fact, you are the only player left who isn't.

Now I remember where I know your name from Arlanon. You where on the old agent-sector forums right?
    For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - H.L. Mencken

Ah, Agent Sector. Home of teh phat lewt!

Yes, I am a relic of ages past. I miss those guys!

Agent Sector is the reason I fell in love with agents. Piercing agent anyone?
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

I wish that site was still around. Tek offered to give me the site, but he said there was no way to implement anti-bot signup measures on the forums. I didn't understand the details, all I knew was that I was already spending two hours a day deleting spam posts for h1 qu4l1ty m3dz and it was only getting worse.

I briefly toyed with the idea of a site titled Agent Fashion Show but never had the time. Maybe someday I'll revive that project.

I'll be damned, Professionals got their hands on the Agent Document today!

Since I just got home, it'll be a few hours before I can give comments but once I've been over the document thoroughly I'll see what I can tell you all without breaking my NDA.

It isnt hard to keep a forum spam free. I have been running one from 2004 to end of last year and there where (forums still online but registration disabled due to guild not existing anymore) no automated spams whatsoever. Two times a year the odd human spammer overcomes the human-test but they get deleted and dont come back. I usually just modified some .php file to challenge the user with a question upon registration atempt. The point is to not use any of the pre-made plugins for human-verification because the automated spam programs have those figured out pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    I'll be damned, Professionals got their hands on the Agent Document today!
    oO !!!
    Are we happy?

So how about *some* non-nda info?
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    So how about *some* non-nda info?
    Next week you will get a ton of it

TL;DR: things are very promising but need a bit of work - this is normal. Devs seem to be willing to make drastic changes to our nano toolset, which is very needed after years of neglection. Visual Professions received a lot of attention, but there'll be plenty to drool over for the hardcore Agent player as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok basically.

They've adhered to a lot of principles posted in the OP and wish list here, or at least the part concerning nanos. They're doing their best to make VP == Agent viable to use too. I've been providing feedback to make sure that actually becomes a diverse toolset - it really has potential to become one of the most unique toolsets in AO. It all needs a bit of fleshing out, but that's normal, and the devs are really doing their best to get things right - from the tone of their post it looks like they're open to our suggestions.

You'll see more next Friday, and I hope to make sure it'll make every one of you happy. For now it's weekend, and I'll get to discuss with the devs when they're back on work hours.

Agents have been balanced by deleting them from the game.
    Next time you logon your Agent you'll be given a choice of what other profession you would like to convert it to.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Nano news is great, it's my issue #1.

More symbs would be great too. I don't know whether to be happy or sad that my entire left side is better as Refined Imps.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast