View Poll Results: Do you like the new Mimic changes?

Voters
211. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, love the new Mimic options and new diversity.

172 81.52%
  • Nah, just fix Mimic Doctor vulnerabilities already and leave me be.

39 18.48%
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: An Agent's future..

Examples of things I personally feel are well designed and thought out procs?

Well... enforcer absorb procs, martial artist damage and crit procs, enforcer and soldier AR procs, meta-physicist init and damage debuff procs.
    Off the top of my head.

NSD proc is over the top no matter the duration to be fair.

I feel for agent snare procs, unbreakable but stim-able would be a easy pick.
    The mentioned root/snare/stun resist would be a pretty nice proc as well (random Unhallowed Force proc would be amusing).
    A defensive proc that has a chance of breaking all agg from you for a second or two without clearing hatelist would be something quite nice I think.
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

I'd like a 150 AAO and/or AAD proc that lasts a min. Current Agent procs are quite useless except for pvm.

Would also be cool if the proc had the same effect as a cloaking device or blue HHaB ring buff. That way I could tell that the proc is running without looking at my NCU.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaloot View Post
    Would also be cool if the proc had the same effect as a cloaking device or blue HHaB ring buff. That way I could tell that the proc is running without looking at my NCU.
    Ya, in general we need more sound/visual/animation-notifactions so we can play and focus the game more and read the textbox/look in the GUI less when it's some action going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaloot View Post
    Would also be cool if the proc had the same effect as a cloaking device
    I like this!

One thing I did like that I feel helped improve our stealthiness was the sound and tracer (or lack of) that they chose to use with the Xan rifle.

I remember when the cobra was the rifle to use and once everyone seen the green tracer and the loud thump it gave off they automatically knew who to look for and kill first. Now I find that I can be off to the side and out of line of sight and people have a hard time looking or even realizing where they are getting shot from.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

ohai FC. WTB neutnets "Collector lf agent" "Beast lf agent" and such. kthnxbai. Oh wait, i'll just raise a doc, enfo or crat from scratch. It will be faster.

I know it has been said (many times) that we should ignore the VP column in the rebalance-documents, but if you look at the adventurer ones, they actually looks thought out and not random, like many previous..

and what you see: cyclic AC buffs and a few more buffs being FPable.
    At least the cyclic AC buffs being FPable seems reasonable.

But to be honest I think Agents should have the individual ones instead, so they at least need to buff all team members, before mimic runs out, rather than do the team buff last minute and new members will get the benefit.
    On the other hand that is how the Engineer auras and SL fixer run buffs work.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky

PS. WE can still debate what we would like and why, even though the VP column is wrong
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

As long as all fp combinations are being (attempted to be) made viable everything SHOULD work out.

Having functional pets from fp mp with decent auras/rrfe/etc could be quite fun for pvm.
    But then pets would have to not suck to begin with and be castable in fp up to respectable levels.

Have you guys and gals seen the original post in the advy document thread in their forums? Theres some damn radical changes and if the agent changes go in that same general direction I shall be happy.
    For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Esproc View Post
    As long as all fp combinations are being (attempted to be) made viable everything SHOULD work out.

Having functional pets from fp mp with decent auras/rrfe/etc could be quite fun for pvm.
    But then pets would have to not suck to begin with and be castable in fp up to respectable levels.
    I'm really looking forward to Shadow Soldier, but I reckon Shadow NT may be pretty attractive.

Will we see Agents with dedicated setups? Shadow Enforcers tanking raids, for example? Agents may get to branch off and do their own things, instead of being the cookie cutters we are now. We don't know much officially, but I'm pretty optimistic about the Agent rebalance.

Probably too late by now and maybe FC already plans it to be that way. I would give up the buff-into-multiple-professions part of true prof if the FPed prof is viable enough. In fact I would prefer the FPs balanced for only one active FP because that would help reduce buffing time by alot. Oh yes and please make nano reqs low enough to end the unspeakable horror of nano buffing item swaps.. Yes yes its a choice. A choice where I feel im not doing my best if im not doing it (swapping items to buff) or if I 'waste' IP on nanoskills more as is absolute necessary. Wasted IP vs the horrible swapping is a choice where both sides feel bad. The same goes for engineers too. I picked the two worst buffing profs lol..
    For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - H.L. Mencken

Off topic but some nanopacks would be cool for new agents. Hehehe... SO much to get!

IMO, I still want fp extended significantly, but what I think they really should do is make our toolset as assassins more sophistacted and effective. And I absolute <3 playing stealth

I vote we name Shadow Profession instead: Aggressive Mimicry.

"Aggressive mimicry, where a predator or parasite mimics a harmless species, avoiding detection and improving its foraging success" -Wikipedia

Hehe

Who else is pumped that we may have agent balance docs in a few hours? I know I am!
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

Quote Originally Posted by Parranoid1 View Post
    Who else is pumped that we may have agent balance docs in a few hours? I know I am!
    Guess you can pump down again because I for one haven't seen it yet.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    Guess you can pump down again because I for one haven't seen it yet.
    NOOOOO dont tell me that!

I've been waiting all week :P

damnit!
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841

Quote Originally Posted by Parranoid1 View Post
    NOOOOO dont tell me that!

I've been waiting all week :P

damnit!
    I bet you I've been waiting longer, much longer
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    I'm not dead yet either!

Srsly, giev docs! oO

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    well, all week of expecting it to come out, i've been waiting for it for....a long long time...

I don't think they said it was coming out specifically this week. They just said Agents are next It's all about semantics. I heard it'd be coming out next Friday from an insider source earlier this week so at least I wasn't expecting it.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast